Positives and Negatives vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Win of the season. Port have been on top of the AFL ladder for 20 straight weeks, and we were written off by so many of our own this week.

We wrapped it up so early that we’re squabbling about percentage against one of the best sides in footy, in a game we still won by nearly 10 goals. We’ve been a kick away from 3-0.

Positives: All of it. Nic Nat clinic, Ryan’s mark of the year, tall forwards are our biggest strength, Gaff’s back. Piggy’s first goal.

Negatives: People annoyed that we didn’t rack up the percentage, but also annoyed that we didn’t bench everyone of note. Pick a lane.

Soak it in folks, this is the sort of game we’ve been clamouring for against a genuinely great lineup.

-Ve
Shuey hammy :(

Days as a midfielder have to be done now surely

Half back or half forward, pick your role Luke

Divi it up 50/50.

Changed everything for us, diving on loose balls, so integral in the link up.

Time share between he and O’Neill/Brander as mid/HFF.

Big negative for me (apart from the obvious, FFS) is not playing 4 quarters and putting them away.

It’s easy to call me a moaner but it’s picking and choosing when we play that has cost us big time the last two years.

And the team song is embarrassing. Stop.

Big negative for me (apart from the obvious, FFS) is not playing 4 quarters and putting them away.

It’s easy to call me a moaner but it’s picking and choosing when we play that has cost us big time the last two years.

Chances to give our percentage a big boost and give a top 4 contender a big hit in the process.

Call us moaners but we squandered a chance there

Said in the match thread I was stunned to see you guys leave Shuey out there half way through the 4th when up by 50 with his history and first game back. You really need him in that side fit to be a genuine contender, big fan of him as a player, still underrated I think. Look a much better side when he is playing as shown tonight against many peoples pick to win the flag. Do any West Coast fans having any info on Yeo and when he's probably returning ?

Chances to give our percentage a big boost and give a top 4 contender a big hit in the process.

Call us moaners but we squandered a chance there
We missed top 4 by 31 goals last year, that's not just letting them get a few cheapies in our big wins

Postives: the first half we looked amazing. Win against Port is always a good thing.
Our multi pronged attack going forward is a thing of beauty.
EDIT: Brander was really solid. I like what he bought today

Negatives: Shuey
That second half. We seemed sloppy and like we had put the cue away (poor errors from guys like Hurn and Gov). These are the games where percentage counts.
Jones was quiet
I still don't see a role for Petch

+
We beat these pricks
Brander got his first goal and played well.
Ball movement in first half was electric.
Ryan’s mark.
Gaffs return to form.

-
Shueys Hammy

Leaking some percentage sucks but I’m not too fussed with that first half effort. Boots going down is a bitter pill to swallow but if this team is to go all the way this year we need to be able to handle injuries. Let’s see how we go over the next month.

Last edited:
Said in the match thread I was stunned to see you guys leave Shuey out there half way through the 4th when up by 50 with his history and first game back. You really need him in that side fit to be a genuine contender, big fan of him as a player, still underrated I think. Look a much better side when he is playing as shown tonight against many peoples pick to win the flag. Do any West Coast fans having any info on Yeo and when he's probably returning ?

Still building from his OP

Guesstimate is 6 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still building from his OP

Guesstimate is 6 weeks?

Xavier Ellis was very cagey/vague when asked about that in the telecast: basically said Yeo was tracking ok but still a long way off and has setbacks so we might err on the side of caution......maybe 6-8 weeks.........

Translation: Yeo is still miles away from returning.

No teams dominate for 4 qaurters. Games eb and flow.

Negatives: People annoyed that we didn’t rack up the percentage, but also annoyed that we didn’t bench everyone of note. Pick a lane.

This is entirely the point, we did neither. We blew percentage, and lost a star when we were 50 points up at 3 quarter time

No point try to close the gate by belatedly sitting Nic Nat on the pine after the horse has already bolted with Shuey

- We are horrible and managing players with injuries. Going all the way back to 07 when we had Juddy in bike pants sitting in the forward pocket.
Yes cause Nic Nat never returned to his very best. Or JJK. Or Darling. Or Liam Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back