Prediction Changes Vs St Kilda round 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, I watched this game from a box. There was much alcohol consumed, however I don’t see all the Petch hating is reasonable?
it’s true those little banoffee tartlets were distracting at the end there, but was he really that bad, or is this whipping boy stuff?
out: Shuey In: O’Neill

Trew put up 10 tackles today in the WAFL and had 24 possessions

Winder 5 goals

Surely Petch is on very thin ice

Petch is in front of Langdon imo

Langdon should find he`s feet in the WAFL and I think we should take Trew to Melb as the sub so he can get a feel for the travelling away routine ..

O'Neill in seems about right.

I can also see us continuing with the policy of rotating underperforming small forwards as injury sub all year. In which case, flip a coin, rock paper scissors, whatever. At least we have some depth here this year, even if it currently looks like a rotating door on the road to nowhere.

Winder in would be exciting stuff. Can't see it happening this early, but ya never know.

Can't see Saints performing as poorly again next week, especially with Marshall back. Hopefully Nelson spends a bit of time this week with Hutchings going through vision of Steele.

Out: Shuey, Petch
In: Exxon, Langdon

Big big big big Waterman fan but it’s all getting very tall. Waterman for Brander down the line perhaps but don’t drop Piggy after that.
Waterman is interesting. Just looks like a big bloke around small people. He is a class above. Clearly dominates people at WAFL level even off an interrupted pre-season.

Ok, I watched this game from a box. There was much alcohol consumed, however I don’t see all the Petch hating is reasonable?
it’s true those little banoffee tartlets were distracting at the end there, but was he really that bad, or is this whipping boy stuff?
out: Shuey In: O’Neill
He wasn't bad, just not much of an impact. But when the ball was in his vicinity he was about to affect the play.

In: O'Neill Winder
Out: Shuey Petch
That's what I was thinking.
The only other one is they may give Jones a rest after playing a couple. Very quiet today and with the long away flight it might be a good idea to have a week at home playing WAFL. In that case the logical for him would be Trew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Shuey
In: XON

Petch was meh but much better than Jones. Don't think Simmo will force a chain after ths game.

Jones was MIA - hopefully he gets another run after performing away against the Dogs but he’s no certainty if they decide to give Langdon a run instead.

Winder is exciting but will need another month or so in the WAFL before being considered I reckon.

So Shuey 😭 for O’Neill
Retain Brander and tell him to do that again.
aaaand

Pet/Jones for Langdon or A Cardboard Standee of Willie Rioli or Winder (but not now obviously..)

Short sighted to play Oscar in the ruck regularly and Nic is the most important player in our team by far and needs to be protected.

Sooo.... Vardy in
Xon for Shuey
One of Brander or Petch out for Vardy

Loved seeing Winder play well and would love to know whats up with Cameron.
For the love of God do not bring Vardy back in. WAFL is his level now. And Brander out after how well he played?? No.

We just comprehensively knocked off a premiership fancy not playing 2 rucks (1 who was a witches hat first 2 rnds).

Last edited:
For the love of God do not bring Vardy back in. WAFL is his level now. And Brander out after how well he played?? No.

We just comprehensively knocked off a premiership fancy not playing 2 rucks (1 who was a witches hat first 2 rnds).

I understand the temptation not to run Allen into the ground by rucking him excessively, but if we can use him in the ruck against Lycett and Ladhams then I think we can use him against whoever the Saints are running with. Today it was McKernan and Carlisle. They might recall Hunter, or there’s an outside chance Ryder might return from leave and be rushed into the side to face NicNat, but either way I think we can run with the same setup next week.

I understand the temptation not to run Allen into the ground by rucking him excessively, but if we can use him in the ruck against Lycett and Ladhams then I think we can use him against whoever the Saints are running with. Today it was McKernan and Carlisle. They might recall Hunter, or there’s an outside chance Ryder might return from leave and be rushed into the side to face NicNat, but either way I think we can run with the same setup next week.
Great time to vs the Saints. Isn't Ryder off with personal issues so not like they have much of a choice? Even if Hunter comes back, I'm not even remotely concerned.

I'm also a big fan of letting Darling take the F50 ruck contests. Showed with one of his goals today he can do the Hawkins role.

Short sighted to play Oscar in the ruck regularly and Nic is the most important player in our team by far and needs to be protected.

Sooo.... Vardy in
Xon for Shuey
One of Brander or Petch out for Vardy

Loved seeing Winder play well and would love to know whats up with Cameron.
Stop. Vardy is useless. Oscar Allen is by far our second ruck. How many times does it need to be proven. He isn't just an OK ruck he is a useful second ruck.

Seriously what the * are bringing vardy in for. We are a man short with him in the team. Nic is 30 there is no protection. If he doesn't play now he's going to retire in 1-2 years. Throw all caution out. He's turning 31 this year. So it's really his last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back