Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

hasn’t he rested enough? It’s 2 games into the season and looked below par last year. Sorry but his body is clearly not up to it at this stage

He blew his shoulder out in round 6 last year and played the year out encumbered from that point on before getting a reconstruction at the end of the year. Was averaging 23.5 disposals a game at that point which doesn't sound that great but in shortened quarters it was still the equal 11th highest average in the league at the end of the year.

Then was killing it in round 1 this year after getting his body fully healthy and was BOG at half-time before petering out and then playing an underwhelming game in round 2. Liable to believe he got injured around half time in round 1 explaining the current drop-off since then.

I tend to think he has just gotten unlucky of late due to some contact injuries, but forecasting into the future his body is certainly no more banged up than Dangerfield with his groins, Petracca with his knee or Fyfe with his shoulders.

Just part of the game and he's found himself in a temporary period of being unlucky.

The more I see it.... I am Convinced he will head to the eagles.

Given the choice....

Carlton offers him 1 million a year for 4-5, possibly 6 years. He will probably stay.

If freo look at him, I wouldnt pay him no more than $800,000 a year on current form and freo need 1 million in spare cap space to keep the youngers guys, so thats freo out.

I look at west coast with the midfield they have of Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Kelly and that tall fijian bloke that their main ruckman. I can see West coast offer Cripps a Dangerfield type deal. $800,000 for 5-6 years. Sure its possibly below his market value but its a long term medium sized deal. He goes back to WA. If Cripps signs for west coast, He will play finals for at least 3 seasons, despite west coast ageing squad.

Hell West coast can front load it if its 4 million over 5 years: $1 million for the 1st 2 years, then $800,000 for the 3rd and then $600,000 for years 4 and 5.

West Coast are done - and everyone with half a brain knows it - a bunch of old blokes plodding around good enough to maybe make finals on the back of their home ground advantage - the BF posters thinkjing finals every year from West coast looking forward is chest puffery based on looking through rear view mirror.

Fremantle would be an easier gig for Cripps - younger team on the up.

Of course there is always the Richmunt 'destination Club' to consider - I coudl tell he was tempted by the way he ran through the lot of them before he got injured.

Naah I reckon Norfs will end up having the inside run on Cripps - they have a warchest.

West Coast are done - and everyone with half a brain knows it - a bunch of old blokes plodding around good enough to maybe make finals on the back of their home ground advantage - the BF posters thinkjing finals every year from West coast looking forward is chest puffery based on looking through rear view mirror.

Of course there is always the Richmunt 'destination Club' to consider - I coudl tell he was tempted by the way he ran through the lot of them before he got injured.

Naah I reckon Norfs will end up having the inside run on Cripps - they have a warchest.

He was actually pretty chummy with the Richmond boys at the game

If Cerra leaves this year what sweetener is Carlton going to add to the deal?

Cerra for Cripps + ???
Curnow? Him and A Pearce can compete against each other in the rehab group for the next five years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

care to retract that?

Pushed the best Vic team all the way in Melb than smashed one of the premiership favs at home?!

WC may have some aging players but plenty of them still have some good footy in front of them!!

care to retract that?

Pushed the best Vic team all the way in Melb than smashed one of the premiership favs at home?!

WC may have some aging players but plenty of them still have some good footy in front of them!!
It took 3 whole days to debunk his half-brained comment.

WCE definitely not done with yet.

Is the amount of tape Carlton spend on medical tape to keep Cripps together included in their salary cap?

Jon Ralph mentioning that Carlton are in the final stages of a 5 year deal for Cripps.

It took 3 whole days to debunk his half-brained comment.

WCE definitely not done with yet.
Yep our average team age of of 7 months more than Carlton means we're about to fall off a cliff.

Been hearing this since '15.

Care to tell us where we're going to fall down after certain players retire?

I'm interested in your analysis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back