Analysis Worst AFL contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could put st kilda’s recruiting as a collective.

all mercenaries looking out with no.1 with no heart for the club.

hannebery was cooked, wanted to extend his career.
Hill wanted money.
Jones would have been NEAFL - thanks Saints for the payday
we all saw the doco- crows laughing at flog crouch who only cares about himself.

these guys don’t care.

st Kilda even got hannebery to present crouch’s guernsey. That st kilda champion Dan Hannebery

He missed out on one game but prior he has been solid in both games, don't understand the knock on him.
He's average at best and unless you're in the top 5-10 key defenders in the game, a 5 year deal is way overs.

He's average at best and unless you're in the top 5-10 key defenders in the game, a 5 year deal is way overs.
Is it a horrible contract? On par with the likes of Beams and McGovern?

Aidan Corr is not average at best, he's elite in metres gained, disposals, intercepts and above average in rebound 50's alongside a contesed defence loss rate of 14.3%. He's not the best defender by any means, not even AA worthy, but a solid contributor.

Is it a horrible contract? On par with the likes of Beams and McGovern?

Aidan Corr is not average at best, he's elite in metres gained, disposals, intercepts and above average in rebound 50's alongside a contesed defence loss rate of 14.3%. He's not the best defender by any means, not even AA worthy, but a solid contributor.
In terms of length? It's up there.

He really is. He's an okay stopper but his kicking is poor, which hurts his ability to rebound. Most defenders you describe rarely get more than 2 year deals, sometimes 3 years, but you're happy to tick off 5 years?

In terms of length? It's up there.

He really is. He's an okay stopper but his kicking is poor, which hurts his ability to rebound. Most defenders you describe rarely get more than 2 year deals, sometimes 3 years, but you're happy to tick off 5 years?
Obviously I think we're paying slight overs, but as of right now, you're cracked to think that he's comparable to a player which played only 8 games or another that isn't even considered best 22 and can't even get a goal per game as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill wanted money.
we all saw the doco- crows laughing at flog crouch who only cares about himself.

these guys don’t care.

st Kilda even got hannebery to present crouch’s guernsey. That st kilda champion Dan Hannebery
Certainly looking like that....and recruiting James Frawley.
Wtf is that?
Was cooked three years ago.

I always thought one of the dumbest contracts ever offered was Cale Hooker, it just showed a total lack of understanding where the club was at.
They would've got pick 2 compensation (Tarranto), instead they kept Hooker and traded away multiple picks in years to come chasing midfielders like Smith and Shiel.
I also think the 5 year deal offerered to Viney this year won't look good in years 4 and 5 either.
The Grundy deal is crazy for a ruckman.

But the worst AFL contract ever considering what we gave up was the one my club gave to Jonathan Hay.

Hill wanted money.

these guys don’t care.

People joke that no one wants to go to North but I'll say that has saved them from a whole lot of these kind of contracts

I always thought one of the dumbest contracts ever offered was Cale Hooker, it just showed a total lack of understanding where the club was at.
They would've got pick 2 compensation (Tarranto), instead they kept Hooker and traded away multiple picks in years to come chasing midfielders like Smith and Shiel.
I also think the 5 year deal offerered to Viney this year won't look good in years 4 and 5 either.
The Grundy deal is crazy for a ruckman.

But the worst AFL contract ever considering what we gave up was the one my club gave to Jonathan Hay.
Well, you'd be horribly incorrect then.

Obviously I think we're paying slight overs, but as of right now, you're cracked to think that he's comparable to a player which played only 8 games or another that isn't even considered best 22 and can't even get a goal per game as a forward.

Classic eth-dog in action here.

He's a poor to average key defender
He has a 5 year deal on a good amount of coin

In what world is this not a very poor contract?
which one.
Hooker. Was vital in us getting most of the players back on board, was an All Australian calibre defender and a good key forward in his own right.
Classic eth-dog in action here.
Being right and waiting for everyone else to catch up? Yeah, I know.

Went off the boil as soon as he re-signed

I wouldn't write Grundy off yet. BOG last week and should back it up this week. Hopefully these couple of soft kills will play him back into form. But I agree with the sentiment around him not being interested in premierships. If he was he would've taken unders like they do at Richmond instead of squeezing everything he could out of the club.

Not the worst but I do think Carlton is massively overpaying Williams. I think in a couple of years they’ll be regretting it.

He is not getting paid what has been reported. Only if he hits certain targets.

McGovern is the one. Both in terms of what we traded (effectively pick 13) and in salary.

Also remember two clubs actually allowed Jack Watts to play for them. Two!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back