Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I look at a team like Sydney and see how the coach has backed the young players in and they are reaping the rewards.

I look at ours and see a coach who turned back to senior players and pushed our youngsters out of position or out of the team (SPS back, Cuningham forward/now out of the team, Dow out of the team last year, Setterfield to a wing… just to name a couple). It was nice whilst it lasted winning those few games off the back of it over the last two years - but as those older players now decline our youngsters have suffered/are suffering dramatically for it IMO.

I really hope i’m wrong but am quite concerned about today’s game…

Don't care where he's starting, he doesn't fu** up sitting back and intercepting/marking an opponent.

Once the centre bounce setup was moved on from, he was up the ground, but he wasn't giving the overlap run on his wing (Murphy/Newnes/Fisher instead).

You can tell when a player goes to the wing for us, because their pressure and disposal stats go through the floor.

He was back. Wings start on the wings, or sweep back from the forwardline. They don't start in defensive 50 and move forward to the wing.

Willo's pressure and disposal stats were through the floor because he had a putrid game, not because he was playing on the wing.

After watching the Swans again, I’m feeling like we have missed the boat again. Everyone is going on about their 3 draft players, up here in Syd they are going on about who is sitting in the coaches box!

Assistants make the difference!!

Swans are play a great balance of tempo footy, always been well structured

A nice mindset change from horse

As bad as things are right now, I cannot believe the amount of supporters either on here or across the socials hoping for a loss. Sad.

Its like putting a coat a paint on a ceiling after there has been a leak. What happens next time it rains??

I’m not a St Kilda supporter who hopes they win each week. I’m a Carlton supporter who expects to win each week...

Meh. I'm spent.
We all got stuff off our chests.
I wrote to Liddle and got a long personal reply
...some about choosing political leaders for no.1 t.h....he said it gets revisited every 2 years...
The rest was nothing we haven't heard before. Nice he took the time though.no doubt many others got replies too.
I also said if Crippa injured let us know! Lol. No doubt pressure from so many asking what's wrong with him led to a spill in the press.
Also asked about development and coaches.
..nothing said on that.
I think everyone is concerned in there.
Im feeling pretty emotionally spent too.

I gave the club a decent whack in the autopsy thread too.

Love the baggers so much. Huge part of my life.

Just so over the whole rebuilding fazes and hearing "we'll be good in two years".... but two years never seems to arrive. Then watching teams like Sydney turning it round so quick.

I don't know what the answer to the whole thing is. Mayve we will come good this year.

Has to be something to do with culture though. I suspect we won't truly move forward until we clear out most of the old guard from our cellar dweller years... Murphy, Casboult, Barker etc.

Need to get some winners into the club to show everyone how its done and what it takes.. none or our old gaurd actually know what it takes

We see the Swans injecting youth, Essendon winning big with youth, and we have Cunningham , Stoker and Kennedy rotting in the 2’s ( to name a few ) . Regardless of how we perform today. We really need to push past Murphy, Curnow , CAS and Betts. We don’t require sub par experience anymore . We picked up Williams and Saad to add to our leadership. Disappointing selections yet again !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not nearly as disappointing as our performance last week, nor the response to it in terms of the team selection.
Let's see how we respond game day. Who knows how things played out during the week which guided the selections.

Its like putting a coat a paint on a ceiling after there has been a leak. What happens next time it rains??

I’m not a St Kilda supporter who hopes they win each week. I’m a Carlton supporter who expects to win each week...

Expect to win, but hope we lose?

Sydney, few years out of the 8, load up on academy picks, hard at it culture, looking great.

Carlton load up on first round picks, end up with Walsh and Harry.... Rest look lazy, uninterested and here we are staring at the vfl side hoping someone from the Mc down to the trainer makes a statement.

Weitering says hi

I think a loss today will cause big headaches for Teague.

I see a lot of people calling for youth here, but we need to understand that there needs to be a balance. You don't want to be playing 22 young blokes out there and getting smashed week in week out. However, in saying that I actually don't think Murphy offers anything at all. I think many have gone past him and think the club are carrying him to his 300, but to do this at the expense of the fans who have been crying out for a taste of success is frustrating.

I have a bad feeling about today. I hope I am wrong. Go blues.

He was back. Wings start on the wings, or sweep back from the forwardline. They don't start in defensive 50 and move forward to the wing.

Willo's pressure and disposal stats were through the floor because he had a putrid game, not because he was playing on the wing.
He was 7th defender all night.

Im feeling pretty emotionally spent too.

I gave the club a decent whack in the autopsy thread too.

Love the baggers so much. Huge part of my life.

Just so over the whole rebuilding fazes and hearing "we'll be good in two years".... but two years never seems to arrive. Then watching teams like Sydney turning it round so quick.

I don't know what the answer to the whole thing is. Mayve we will come good this year.

Has to be something to do with culture though. I suspect we won't truly move forward until we clear out most of the old guard from our cellar dweller years... Murphy, Casboult, Barker etc.

Need to get some winners into the club to show everyone how its done and what it takes.. none or our old gaurd actually know what it takes
Parker Kennedy Lloyd ried rampe throw in Franklin for fun

Casboult Murphy curnow Jones ..

The aged core of Sydney is light years in front of ours ever was ..
they have been re jigging there list for 4 years also with a far superior core group

We have only just started to get a competitive group of skilled players in that 26 year bracket

Sydney's kids look fantastic no doubt, but they have been playing 3-4 30+ year olds each game this year (Reid is also nearly 30). We have had 4, 4 and 5 with the inclusion of Betts today. Fairly similar.

Hard to get excited for today's game, but it's footy, so I'll be there!

Still an uninspiring line-up, but grateful for the 'Ins' - particularly JSOS and Parks.

We win with a high-pressure game and it'll all be 'Awesome! Now that's the benchmark! Need to see this every week!' .. yada yada yada .. groundhog day.. Still no answers for a few weeks, in any case.

A demoralising loss and sh*t will hit the fan, imo. It's quite possible that a loss could be a turning point (out with the old, in with the new), or it could also force the coaches into self-preservation mode, which isn't good for the club..

Both options have a groundhog day feel to them, sadly.

On the plus side, my lack of enthusiasm for the line-up allows me to watch the game stress-free!
So you'll be disappointed win or lose? Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back