Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Trade for our second rounder this year, since he's no good and all.
Legit best forward line ever
Fritsch Weideman Jackson
Brown King Pickett
Tmac on the bench and Tracc rotating fwd.
:hearteyes:

The pressure on that poor kid is insane.
It really is, last year before the season Saints supporters on the main board were bragging about him.

Probably not even in the top 10 in the AFL youngsters for pressure

What about Philips at North?
Poor kids already copping the Natanui>Watts crap
Phillips was a slight reach wasn't he? Hollands and McDonald were the more fancied prospects from my brief draft reading.

Still, silly to jump to conclusions so early in. North were always going to struggle this year so any kid would look a bit out of their depth.

Phillips was a slight reach wasn't he? Hollands and McDonald were the more fancied prospects from my brief draft reading.

Still, silly to jump to conclusions so early in. North were always going to struggle this year so any kid would look a bit out of their depth.
Hollands did an acl in his Draft year which obviously lowered his value, north would never take that risk. McDonald probably has more talent than Phillips but Phillips is pretty much a sure bet to be a 200+ gamer and leader of the club. Clear that North just wanted some solid mids to build the foundation in Phillips and Powell who both look pretty good.

With King it’s the pressure coming from St Kilda supporters themselves hyping him up as the next Tony Lockett.

With Phillips it’s more from everyone looking for the next draft blunder

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Disagree. Saints are already playing him as the main man. I'm talking about pressure to perform, not pressure from randoms in the media. King is clearly very talented but he isn't a Hogan or Darling, he doesn't have the body to play consistently well as the #1 target.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Disagree. Saints are already playing him as the main man. I'm talking about pressure to perform, not pressure from randoms in the media. King is clearly very talented but he isn't a Hogan or Darling, he doesn't have the body to play consistently well as the #1 target.
Not much different to Luke Jackson
But I agree these kids should be allowed to develop first. This whole 'just play them' is dumb

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I always get the impression watching Petracca that he is clearly very strong, very dynamic, very confident, good skills (all of which will ensure he becomes a great player) but just lacking in a bit of footy IQ, in terms of where to be and when to go. Anyone else know what I mean?
Completely, I alway find with Trac that his timing is off. Ie he is either rushed or too slow. I think his problem as well is that he will kick to early, he needs to run like an extra 3 steps before he kicks it.

From St. Kilda board ("Is Jack Steele now the best player out of the 2014 Draft?" thread). I don't think Petracca is the perfect player, but not sure I can agree with this assessment necessarily.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
From St. Kilda board ("Is Jack Steele now the best player out of the 2014 Draft?" thread). I don't think Petracca is the perfect player, but not sure I can agree with this assessment necessarily.
Honestly it's not that wrong I don't think.
He's still in the bracket below the best imo best being only a handful of players. Doesn't mean he won't keep improving

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I agree his game has weaknesses - just not sure footy IQ or being rushed are those weaknesses.
I think he's highly intelligent but I think his brain also lets him down aswell. He does the incredibly hard well and the incredibly easily hard.
Still a kid though

I might be out of the game these days, but he can't be under that much pressure if i've never heard about him

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd say 12-13 wins to get there.

From inside, I'd imagine they would not be happy if they missed out on the 8. I don't think there are any excuses NOT to make it.

Got a top 3 ruckman
Viney/Brayshaw/Petracca/Oliver/Langden

IMO one of the best half backs in the game in Jayden Hunt. Teams really do need to focus on this guy.

Play fast footy, got great small forwards, quality defenders
From the main board "Melbourne: What do we make of them" thread.

This poster isn't the only one pumping up Hunt (someone else called him a real point of difference, which is probably true in the same way that a wireless bungee jump is a point of difference) but "best half backs in the game" is a massive stretch and I doubt any coaching groups have put much time into him to date.

Petracca isn't in the top top bracket yet but geez he is getting close. FWIW I define the top top bracket as the group under Dusty.

Steele is a very good footballer but he will never be in that class.
I thought the same thing and still do a bit but I am coming around to Steele

If he can keep on hitting the scoreboard from the middle he will join the elite bunch at the top of the game

Back