Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Simon Prestigiacomo, Liverpool
Remember, Murph won an AFLPA MVP at the peak of his powers - that’s why we hold him accountable for poor games. Carlton seem to think that he can play the HFF role like a Burgoyne, Boomer, Ablett and Higgins have/are doing now but he just doesn’t have the chops for it based on round one/two.

I do not understand why we don’t put games into Cunningham? Dow needs to accumulate 20+ today or surely he’s gone.

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
And people shitting on Ed for being so far from the game.. would be easier for him and his brother to go to Geelong and play; now wouldn’t it? Do you want Charlie to * off to Geelong? No? Didn’t think so.

be realistic, the surf coast lifestyle is way nicer than the rat race of the inner north.

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Sydney's kids look fantastic no doubt, but they have been playing 3-4 30+ year olds each game this year (Reid is also nearly 30). We have had 4, 4 and 5 with the inclusion of Betts today. Fairly similar.
Please spare me --Ability wise huge difference in the players ability though .. only betts could be deemed above average for his position and he hasn't played yet

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Harry has 9cm (and loads of talent) on their tallest defender in Cox. Today should be massive for him if we can play to his strengths. We can really stretch Freo’s backline.

Harry needs to find and work hard to retain front position. Then, we just need to deliver the ball to his advantage

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Remember, Murph won an AFLPA MVP at the peak of his powers - that’s why we hold him accountable for poor games. Carlton seem to think that he can play the HFF role like a Burgoyne, Boomer, Ablett and Higgins have/are doing now but he just doesn’t have the chops for it based on round one/two.

I do not understand why we don’t put games into Cunningham? Dow needs to accumulate 20+ today or surely he’s gone.
About 8 years ago

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Common ingredient in most wins is the attitude from the first bounce. Be fierce, relentless in pressuring the opposition and want to move quickly.

reckon we will know within 5 mins which Carlton attitude turns up this week.
We’ve advertised it all week so it’s not exactly gonna take our opponents by surprise when we come out looking to apply a heap of pressure. How do we respond when our opponents meet us with equal force?

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
And people shitting on Ed for being so far from the game.. would be easier for him and his brother to go to Geelong and play; now wouldn’t it? Do you want Charlie to fu** off to Geelong? No? Didn’t think so.

be realistic, the surf coast lifestyle is way nicer than the rat race of the inner north.
Firstly Ed would not get a game in the Geelong seniors today. Ed bleeds Carlton. But, everyone's time comes to an end to suggest we should keep giving games to a player just to keep his brother on the list is not the way any professional football club should go about it.

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
We’ve advertised it all week so it’s not exactly gonna take our opponents by surprise when we come out looking to apply a heap of pressure. How do we respond when our opponents meet us with equal force?
That's football .. 👍🏻

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

We usually respond like Percy Jones’ cricket team of the 1970’s - “The Plastic 11”, and melt under pressure.

:p

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Firstly Ed would not get a game in the Geelong seniors today. Ed bleeds Carlton. But, everyone's time comes to an end to suggest we should keep giving games to a player just to keep his brother on the list is not the way any professional football club should go about it.
Charlie lives on the surf coast also champ

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
No doubt the will and intent will be there today.
Go Blues. 💙
I'm very jealous of people that are still able to feel this confident. After last week's display of tackling and pressure and our coach saying you can't question their effort immediately after, I just hope one day I can have 'no doubt' intent will be there for a match.

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
1617498110849.png

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal

let’s see if they actually come out and do as Teague suggested.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Freo will come out snarling... we’ve advertised Cripps is hurt, Casboult plain to see, JSOS had a miracle recovery from a shoulder ( watch that get tested early on), and we bring in a geriatric forward who still thinks he can bedazzle players with his Harlem Globe Trotter moves.

Basically if we have a slow meek start to the game it’s going to a painful 2 hours

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think a loss today will cause big headaches for Teague.

I see a lot of people calling for youth here, but we need to understand that there needs to be a balance. You don't want to be playing 22 young blokes out there and getting smashed week in week out. However, in saying that I actually don't think Murphy offers anything at all. I think many have gone past him and think the club are carrying him to his 300, but to do this at the expense of the fans who have been crying out for a taste of success is frustrating.

I have a bad feeling about today. I hope I am wrong. Go blues.
That's all well and good when the senior guys are willing or able to be physical around the contest.

Which of our senior guys does that describe?

Jones - yes

Ed - yes, but he is a turnover machine

Doch - see Ed.

Eddie - willing not always able

Cas - rarely imposes himself, can't run or kick ATM

Murphy - bwahahaha. It'd take Murph 3 rounds to punch himself out of a wet paper bag.

So tell me, which is a net positive for the side?

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
FFS this is depressing!. I didn't realise it was round 17 and we just lost to North by 10 goals remaining winless for the year!.

If people want to turn the Autopsy thread into a 100 page shitfight then go for it. Right now we are in round 3. We've had 1 disappointing result and we are a big chance to get on the board today.

Cheer the * up people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back