Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

On here, probably yes.

Anything with credibility, no.
That was my next question, link to official source.

Seeing as that doesn’t exist, where did the rumour here originate?

And what’s going on with Worrell?

There were strong rumours the day after the draft that Worrell would be back in Victoria after two years.

That was my next question, link to official source.

Seeing as that doesn’t exist, where did the rumour here originate?

And what’s going on with Worrell?

There were strong rumours the day after the draft that Worrell would be back in Victoria after two years.

Worrell re-signed for two years

I Am sure there is some bad blood between The Crows and Saints after The Crouch fiasco.

If I am Adelaide I would simply refuse to even discuss negotiations with St Kilda as a matter of principal.

In an ideal world, Collingwood and Hawthorn should be interested, they seem like much fairer and reasonable to deal with than say The Bulldogs or St Kilda (of late)

St Kilda did nothing wrong. We pushed him out the door and they knew we wouldn't match for fear of him signing the matching contract and staying. We were playing poker holding our cards backwards and bett8ng big while doing it. We got exactly what we deserved.

Yep. Probably the biggest hole in our list is a second tall defender.

Howard is the number 1.
Carlisle is 30 this year, his body is not what it was and Ratts doesn't seem to be a big fan.
Frawley is 34 and an insurance pickup for a year (2 max).
Wilkie, Highmore and Coffield are more your third tall / intercepting types. All will probably struggle for size and strength against a genuine KPF or resting ruck.
Clavarino is our developing defender, but probably not AFL quality

The type of player McAsey was projected to be, is exactly what we need. List manager is ex-Adelaide, has close ties to the Crows and went after B.Crouch last year.

Would be up to our eyeballs in this I would have thought. Assuming we finish top 6 again, pick 12-18 might be on the table (with maybe the Crows 3rd - a late 30s pick - coming back)
Look, that's probably not terrible.

I think it was an error for the Crows going so early on a tall defender, if he wasn't a rolled gold guarantee to stay and play.

Geez, The Dogs could sure have used him today against The Eagles.

Really The Crows should try force them to pay overs (especially as The Dogs are just about in another flag window)

Crows can and should drive a hard bargain here.
Pretty hard to drive a hard bargain for a guy that can't get a game.

Doubt he would have helped any more than anyone they had against the Eagles, he's still a work in progress and a long way off being a quality AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, The Dogs could sure have used him today against The Eagles.

Really The Crows should try force them to pay overs (especially as The Dogs are just about in another flag window)

Crows can and should drive a hard bargain here.
Unconstructed high draft picks who have shown little generally have little value. As Carlton supporters should know.

A pick around 20-25 would be the price.

Pretty hard to drive a hard bargain for a guy that can't get a game.

Doubt he would have helped any more than anyone they had against the Eagles, he's still a work in progress and a long way off being a quality AFL player.
well GWS poached Phil Davis from the crows. Hie was pick 10in the 2008 draft. He only played 18 games in 3 seasons from 2009-11. crows got a 1st round pick as compensation.

The bloke has played 10 games. All in 2020. I see him playing 10-12 games this season.

well GWS poached Phil Davis from the crows. Hie was pick 10in the 2008 draft. He only played 18 games in 3 seasons from 2009-11. crows got a 1st round pick as compensation.

The bloke has played 10 games. All in 2020. I see him playing 10-12 games this season.

We've got 4 players that we seem comfortable to use as KPDs and he is presently ranked 4. He's further back for a spot in the forward line. I can't see him playing 10-12 games without multiple key position injuries. And Davis wasn't exchanged at the trade table, so what we got for him is irrelevant. If you recall, size of contract was a key driver in determining compo and Davis was paid very well.

Davis wasn't even traded. The crows got a compensation pick for him.

He also had injuries in his first couple of year. It's not a great comparison.

None of you opposition fans have to worry about this one. He's coming to the Dogs.

He was desperate to come here before getting taken by Adelaide, we still need a key defender and he knows he'll be part of a contending team for the next 7-8 years.

We've got 4 players that we seem comfortable to use as KPDs and he is presently ranked 4. He's further back for a spot in the forward line. I can't see him playing 10-12 games without multiple key position injuries. And Davis wasn't exchanged at the trade table, so what we got for him is irrelevant. If you recall, size of contract was a key driver in determining compo and Davis was paid very well.
Watching the sanfl game fish played well and took some strong marks. I think a few more games at that level to get the confidence going and he certainly will be pushing for a spot in the senior side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back