Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't we already tried drafting an abundance of marking forwards and it hasn't worked or failed for us? KPF, maybe a different story.

So far I'm loving Phillips, Lazzaro, Powell. Despite these loses. It's actually the older players and the recent draftees of Curtis Taylor, Mahony, Zuurhar and TT there efforts that is bothering me

I could, but I won't. Let's just say that plenty of people know the reasons and some of the 'speculative' stuff that was posted in the past few months was correct.

I truly don't care if you choose not to believe it.
If plenty of people know the 'truth' then why don't you state it instead of besmirching the player with your allusions.

Showed some good traits.

Is a little shorter than I expected. Was dwarfed by most of not all of the dogs mids.

He reminds me of one of those Soviet wrestlers (showing my age here lol) from the Olympics where he comes out and you're like he looks small then he immediately twists some big Romanian to the point where his arms are about to snap off, then many years when Google is invented you learn he was also commander of a paratroop unit that was cut off on top of a mountain in Afghanistan in 1985 and held out for 18 days against the Mujahideen and he walked out in his full dress uniform.

He'll be fine in that regard. That Dogs midfield is pretty much full strength and full maturity apart from Smith, and even he's got a couple of preseasons under the belt now.

He reminds me of one of those Soviet wrestlers (showing my age here lol) from the Olympics where he comes out and you're like he looks small then he immediately twists some big Romanian to the point where his arms are about to snap off, then many years when Google is invented you learn he was also commander of a paratroop unit that was cut off on top of a mountain in Afghanistan in 1985 and held out for 18 days against the Mujahideen and he walked out in his full dress uniform.

He'll be fine in that regard. That Dogs midfield is pretty much full strength and full maturity apart from Smith, and even he's got a couple of preseasons under the belt now.

So you're saying Will Phillips is the first soviet paratrooper/wrestler to cross codes and play AFL? Another tick for The Huddle.

So you're saying Will Phillips is the first soviet paratrooper/wrestler to cross codes and play AFL? Another tick for The Huddle.

In Soviet Union, hard ball gets you!

LOL, this is an enormous pile of sh*t.

The thing that played the only deciding role in his departure is the state of his knee and whether we felt is justified the four years he wanted.
Yep unless Snake had a part in it I’m pretty sure this was all there was to it. A very pragmatic decision.

A few big ticks for me from Wills first game.

- Hitting targets - his kicking is excellent
- That play in the pocket where he had to go, and the dogs player bounced off him
- Clean hands, doesn’t seem to fumble

Yep. One quarter into his career and he rode the hit and made a more experienced opponent look decidedly average - not the worst debut in a tram under serious heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD LOL

This is so oddly specific

" After the retirements of Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling West Coast have thrown a huge multi-million $ deal at North youngster Logan McDonald which will be hard to refuse "
Port Adelaide also throw a massive deal at Powell....so where does it end. Just pick up Vic. kids or back the club to keep them.

Yeah, I keep hearing that there was reason for trading BB, but I haven't seen anything beyond rumours and snide remarks. Perhaps you could enlighten as to why we traded a player who for three years kicked over 50 goals, especially as we have such great stocks to replace him?
Because there is a very good chance his knee is cactus.

Who gives a s**t about Ben Brown lmao move on.

Bloke is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back