Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko is a great player but I don't think he is a pressing need for us. Certainly not given how much it would cost to obtain him.

A classy elite midfielder is a much bigger priority. Forget him and Rankine until that's sorted.
Anyone who can kick like he does is a pressing need for us.

But yes a classy midfielder is #1, #2 and #3

Anyone who can kick like he does is a pressing need for us.

But yes a classy midfielder is #1, #2 and #3
We'd have to give Luko something like a 6 year $900k deal to get him across, on top of the draft picks (multiple first rounders)

I'd rather spend that on a midfielder

UGLY:
Mark Riccuito's special comments, how bad can this guy be? I know he is trying not to be favouring Adelaide, he succeeded. Surely Fox needs to stop this now.
All of a sudden this team will be favourite to win next week against woeful North Melbourne, this will be a whole new level of pressure for the youngsters in the side, and North are already getting the living suitcase beaten out of them by the media, they will be under immense pressure to show something!
I just don’t get the dislike. I for one love the Roo, think it’s great we get to hear his opinion and sometimes get some insider facts.
No probs with it for me.

Last edited:
Gotta pull the trigger with RT now IMO. When Tex is in this kind of rare form its the perfect opportunity for a kid to come in and have an easier time of it.

Had a dirty day down south yesterday but showed glimpses of why we drafted him
This!
After the first (or second? not sure) bag that Tex kicked, Nicks commented that would guarantee him a game the next week.
By that measuring stick, Frampton's last 2 games should ensure that he is dropped to get some form, unless Nicks has him there for reasons that I cannot see --- yesterday, he was worst-on-ground by daylight.
Thilthorpe would gain immeasurable experience from playing with Tex and getting some decent delivery from the mids. It's hard to believe that he could be as poor as Frampton, but if so, the Crows are no worse off (nett effect) and stand to gain much more long-term.

Luko is a great player but I don't think he is a pressing need for us. Certainly not given how much it would cost to obtain him.

A classy elite midfielder is a much bigger priority. Forget him and Rankine until that's sorted.
Rankine will develop into that elite midfielder......

No one is saying he's bad, he's very good he just isn't a star, he's very comfortable just playing on the talent he already has.
If he continues to play at his current level he's already one of the most composed and attacking kicks in the game, with ridiculous athleticism.

He'll improve and go well beyond that.

I'm still not completely certain he hasn't just recorded his 20 most common phrases and they don't play them on a loop while he sits in the bar.

I have finally found proof to disprove my assertion!!

After the Weller goal in the first quarter Dwayne slips in a C U Next Thursday 😂

He wasn't beaten, he competed and played his role, plus no one in SANFL played well enough to displace him
Disagree, as much as I want Frampton/Fogarty/Jones/Thilthorpe etc ALL to succeed. Please have a look at the bottom of this chart posted by maxlilly , where Frampton sits well below the worst 4 Suns players.
The end-of-year Coaches' votes about playing one's role will tell us all about his game yesterday, and I've been unable to find Frampton's stats from yesterday (eg perhaps the 1%-ers will show that he competed well, or played his role, but I couldn't see it).

If he continues to play at his current level he's already one of the most composed and attacking kicks in the game, with ridiculous athleticism.

Is he worth 900k a season and two first rounders? That's realistically the price we'd have to pay to get him in, within the next 2 years

In all honesty we probably don't need him until he hits free agency any way, we have other pressing needs on the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also watching the replay I noticed Lynch's gut running to provide an option at half forward. A lot of it goes for unrewarded, but when needed he is there.

Not sure if we have anyone else capable of doing this at the moment.

Is he worth 900k a season and two first rounders? That's realistically the price we'd have to pay to get him in, within the next 2 years

In all honesty we probably don't need him until he hits free agency any way, we have other pressing needs on the list
Is he worth that much, no probably not and TBH there's a small handful of players league wide who are

Also, during the 3rd, Doedee's "slip" while gathering the ball running back may have actually been genius.

I will never be able to prove it, but the way he slips allows him to grab the ball, his opponent can't tackle him without giving away a head-high free and he gets away a vital handpass.

Amazing stuff if intentional.

Which is why I’d wait until FA to entice him back. He’ll be at his absolute peak by then, injuries not withstanding, and would be a win for us.

Also watching the replay I noticed Lynch's gut running to provide an option at half forward. A lot of it goes for unrewarded, but when needed he is there.

Not sure if we have anyone else capable of doing this at the moment.
The Lynch hate here is foolish.

He did, but he doesn't get the penetration that Smith does. Very few players do.
If he plays on out of the square he can just about roost it to the wing.

It's a huge advantage for us.
I would get Sholl to take the kick ins if Smith was unavailable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back