Autopsy Play the kids they said, it will be good they said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry as I missed this.

So to my last paragraph: when will you say it's NOT their fault? Give us a date, I'm keen to know.
As soon as Noble has the playing list he wants, then we can move on form the cluster* of the Scott era.

I would think there will be another 1-2 years of deep cuts and then the time to develop the current crop.

If you were to look at every list across the competition then we would have one of the worst list of 24-28 year old players in the league.

Shaw and Noble didn’t bring these guys in or develop them poorly, that falls squarely at the feet of Scott and Joyce.

We cut 22 players in the offseason and 2 of them found new homes and that was only as supplementary picks. That’s how bad a list Brad Scott has built.

Zurhaar and Larkey are giving me the shits.

Prancing around like peacocks whilst doing absolutely * all.

Might be unpopular opinion but I thought CZ looked significantly better against the Dogs. His field kicking is very underrated and stands out in our side.

He was better yes but still he is bloody frustrating - he thinks he is far better than he is.

Larkey I have no idea what he is doing. Anything?

Larkey looks low on confidence. Don’t really know what to do short-term until our ball use improves. Hoping that Xerri will provide him with a bit of a break.

Ball use or not he is way, way off where he needs to be.

Why didn't Xerri play as he was fit wasn't he?

This is to all the Brad hatters obviously not you Themanbun cause this board is full of them when in his coaching career did you start hating him or not believing in his ideas. Was it at the beginning never liked him from the start, half way through maybe when we got rid of Boomer and co. When like i said before should he have started the rebuild. I am sure i will get a heap of crap responses but there is a few switched on posters that cant stand him i would love to have their views.
The last two years.

Larkey looks low on confidence. Don’t really know what to do short-term until our ball use improves. Hoping that Xerri will provide him with a bit of a break.

Both well down - and for a while now (injury contributed for both last year).

For mine both need to be tasked with going back to basics as forwards, although not sure Z has ever really had those. Leading at the carrier and pressing continuously, I know tough in our current team but they simply have to - we’re way to stagnant all over the field and neither of those guys are great in congestion. Given our struggles I’d prefer we play a higher forward line and leave one forward very deep. We might not make it to a shot on goal but I’d prefer to stretch the defence slightly and practice transition. Happily leave a Cunnington, JZ or Stephenson one out very deep while resting.

Sorry as I missed this.

So to my last paragraph: when will you say it's NOT their fault? Give us a date, I'm keen to know.

Every decision we’ve made post their departure is not their fault.

The reality is that our list management team have had to start from scratch, with some serious gaps in the 24-28 age bracket. The new list management team has had to start at ground zero, with a lack of quality players in that age bracket, making rebuilding even more difficult.

As far as I’m concerned, that will always fall on the responsibility of the Scott/Joyce era. I’ll stop referencing them as time passes, however it’s a reality of where we are currently at, that I think is negligent to just ignore and forget about.

I like the sentiment of Noble in his presser. If you're not prepared to play to our standards, then pack your bags. It's about bloody time.
How some of these blokes have played 100+ games is beyond me.

there has been a lot of rhetoric over the past few weeks, let’s see if anyone follows through with the talk

If we have Goldstein, Cunners, Tarrant, Ziebell, Dumont, Corr, Anderson, Polec, McDonald playing and in form it should be enough support for us to be competitive and allow the kids to develop well in seniors.

But it drops off very quickly after that and it is detrimental to development playing young guys in a team like yesterday. Need the above core group back quickly or Tyson, Garner, Walker need to step up.

And the forward line needs a change of thinking ASAP. Bring in Xerri and I would also abort the Ziebell experiment and put him forward. Very hard to drill a system of fast movement out of the backline/midfield when you have such poor options to kick to.
why does the Ziebell experiment have to end?

his goal kicking has left him and he’s just starting to hit his grove with career best stats, And you want to subject him to going back to the negative mindset that he had?

I don’t get it.. better option is to find another forward capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his goal kicking has left him and he’s just starting to hit his grove with career best stats, And you want to subject him to going back to the negative mindset that he had?

Well I would prefer we didn’t have to but our forward line is a shambles and I think he is the best (perhaps only) option we have to bolster it.

If we don’t do something about our forward line we will hinder the development of the rest of the team.

It seems to me that our hole in the playing list lies with recruiting errors. if we had got our picks right guys like mountford. Clarke, Wagner, Durdin, Nielsen Preuus, Watson, Josh Williams would now be regulars. There is a lot of wasted picks there. the good news is that the recruiters responsible for this are no longer with us.

Secondly guys like Atley who looked so good in his second year with a 5th in the Syd has not developed & never even had a season as good as his second.

The list cuts we have just had should have been now a few seasons earlier.

Another factor is ther is nothing wrong with playing kids but they must have some experienced heads around them. Our injury list has robbed us of key experience to provide on field leadership. Guys like Cunners et al were gifted 20-30 games when on performance they didn’t merit selection but had Boomer etc around them.

What was it over the scott/brayshaw years

"Sustained success."

Sounded great to me, even though I ended up hating that coach and his system and flatulating style of high brow communication that would inspire only a librarian.

Then we decided to drop half the side, and roll the dice on being able to do something different than carlton, melbourne, *insert decades long suffering team here*, just when covid arrives to pressure the bottom lines of every club.

HELL YEAH!

WOO!

I reckon watching a developing team is a lot more exciting when there is a potential young gun forward running around. Or two. Without that, not only is it hard to get excited about the future, it’s hard to see where this rebuild is heading.

I’m not just talking about a young Carey or Longmire type. Even a young Petrie or Brown would make it more interesting to watch

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don’t have any forwards capable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing wrong with playing the kids. Unfortunately we don’t have the quality veterans available to offer the requisite support. Goldy, Cunners, Taz, McDonald , Jed, Jack and Corr. It’s not enough as it without missing half of them.
Eggzachary.

A team like the following would be ideal right now:

B: Atley – Tarrant – Corr
HB: McDonald – McKay – Ziebell
C: Scott – Cunnington – Polec
HF: Thomas –Larkey – Stephenson
F: Zurhaar – Xerri – Turner
R: Goldstein – LDU – Simpkin
Int: Anderson – Powell – Phillips – Dumont

8 blokes with under 50 games, a defensive unit with excellent experience, a nice blend of youth and experience through the middle and an inexperienced forward line.

Such a line up with give us the opportunity to rotate through some young blokes and rely on Tyson and Hall as some extra experience, rather than relying on kids to hold the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back