Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fog>>>daylight>>>Dahlhaus.
Not the same type of player, nor do they play the same type of role

To get the best of Fogarty he needs to be in the guts, meaning that at Geelong he'll face the same issues as Constable as too whom they keep out of the 22

Not the same type of player, nor do they play the same type of role

To get the best of Fogarty he needs to be in the guts, meaning that at Geelong he'll face the same issues as Constable as too whom they keep out of the 22
Both playing half forward, both negate very well, ones just a heap better than the other now, and half his age.

we’ve just added two more mids too, I’d rather Fog than both. Once again half their age. Dropped the ball with this one. Hope it was money related.

Both playing half forward, both negate very well, ones just a heap better than the other now, and half his age.

we’ve just added two more mids too, I’d rather Fog than both. Once again half their age. Dropped the ball with this one. Hope it was money related.
He asked for a trade. If a player wants out you show them the door. Can't blame him for wanting out but the club for letting him go.

Giving him away for a pick which was effectively valued at Melbourne's future 3rd was a bit of charity though

Who does he play in front of at Geelong though?

I’d have kept Fog and not recruited Higgins, personally.

Or, Higgins to the fwd line, Fog to the middle and Dahlhaus to the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine the 07 Geelong team with these current rules?

The man on the mark rule is encouraging teams to go through the middle, something that team did better than anyone, and it leaves defenders exposed in 1 on 1 battles, wouldn't rate many current forwardlines much of a chance V Scarlett, Egan, Harley, Enright, Hunt and Wojak.

You have to wonder what’s Freo long term plan is? I can’t really see it
Somebody here said exactly that about Essendon last week. A week later, a memorable win, the future looks great.
Freo will bounce back.

It’s making me ill watching Fog playing well week in week out for the Blues.

Me too; thought he was just starting to look more than likely for us on limited exposure last year; great two-way potential mid for us.

Now Carlton set to reap the rewards of Fogarty's development.
26 touches, 7 tackles and a goal, doesn't get much more well-rounded than that.

Pickett looks like precisely the type of player that will kick 5 goals on Jed Bews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back