Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst game we have played under JLo, by far. He needs a Liverpool kiss. Selections, tactics, motivation all schizen

Yep, I am still going to support JLo, but his coaching and selection this season has been way beyond conservative. Everyone else is taking the game on and scoring, we are playing a defensive possession game.

What are we expecting at the game next week - 20,000? I'm ******* sure I'm not paying to watch the s**t the boys are dishing up at the moment.

The non-selection of Treacy looks appalling after the fact. Our structure forward of the ball is so poor.

Inaccurate win against witches hats in Rd2 aside, this year is starting to get a stink about it.
Treacy and Sturt come straight in.
A forward line of Switta, Schulz, Frederick, Colyer is too much. Switta and Schulz with Fredrick wing. Sturt as deep forward. The structure this week was awful

I think it's just going to be a topsy turvy season. If it's a handover to generation next on the cards, it'll mean some additional turbulence.

Yeah look I dont think J Lo is who we are after. I dont have anything to back it up but I just dont think he has it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This roller coaster sux , the highs aren’t that high but the lows are a screaming plunge to hell

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The skills are still not at the required level when under game-day pressure. STILL. Not after 5 years!! Let that sink in for a moment.

First time I’ve allowed the thought to enter my head that Longmuir might be an idiot.

Today was a total failure across all lines.
Same
and it’s definitely worrying to think were it could end up for us.

That half time interview ...JFC , someone noted it had a touch of the mark Neelds about it and it was a scarily accurate take

I think he is too soft. All about let’s wrap our arms around players and not let’s rip the arms off our opponents.

HTFUJLO
Unfortunately he was a soft-ish type player at times and it appears his coaching style is similar. Would rather give a big hug than a spray and I'm sorry, that just won't cut it. He is clearly not academically intelligent, however before.today I thought he had some footy smarts. His repeat poor selections twice in three weeks now make me question this aspect. Wasn't it obvious that we lost a conduit to goal after Fyfe left the field last week? Clearly not to JLo and the staff.....just pick another small - just a shiteshow!

Nah more concerningly I think it’s he’s got a system (west coast lite if you like) and if it doesn’t come off or the lads are switched on (like today) he’s a deer in headlights .

I do agree tho he doesn’t seem the type of coach that can inspire when things aren’t working either eg get them to run through a brick wall so to speak - see today for perfect example

Nah more concerningly I think it’s he’s got a system (west coast lite if you like) and if it doesn’t come off or the lads are switched on (like today) he’s a deer in headlights but do agree he doesn’t seem the type of coach that can inspire when things aren’t working either - see today for perfect example
So in other words, doesn’t have a “plan B”

First time I’ve allowed the thought to enter my head that Longmuir might be an idiot.

Today was a total failure across all lines.

I was dubious when we first appointed him but then he won me over last season. I'd be lying if I didn't admit doubts are starting to creep back now though.

We're displaying worrying signs of CC-era flakiness, and if there's one thing I associate with average coaches it's flaky performances. At the moment I can still rationalise it away due to injuries and youth, but it's a concern for sure.

“We’ll put our arms around him”
I’ve heard that phrase too often for my liking this year at Freo.
A lot of boys need a cold hard look at themselves this week. Every now and again a coach needs to get ******* angry at the players. They are not his friends.
I will say the comments after the game about Andy and Cox being hung out to dry are promising. At least he recognised it. So much respect for Brayshaw. He ******* cares!!!
We need some more lads with a bit of fight in them. Bullied off the park by Cripps and co today. Needs to be a line in the sand drawn now. No more bullying by anyone. Full stop. 😡

I just watched his presser and I’m a little more positive about JLO. He assessed the breakdowns fairly well, and I’m quite confident there will be a response next week.

But like others here, I have been concerned about JLO’s language around team selection.

I also watched Teague’s presser and that bloke is a bird-brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back