Crown Melbourne Part 4

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It looks like up to 1000 people allowed at crown from tomorrow

How many of these will be allocated to poker?

0 for poker.

1000 people, however only for VIP members (platinum and black card holders)

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I went in yesterday. Very underwhelming at the moment. I don't play poker, so I don't have an opinion there either way. But the whole set up is very restrictive.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Had a look at Crown, was sad to see the poker room turned into low level blackjack tables. Poker will be moving to the area which was formerly Groove Bar (behind Lumina), won't be open before new year.

Nalts

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Current whisper is poker will be back in Feb/March. However it'll be capped at 10 tables and only running Friday/Saturday/Sunday. No more tournaments or tournament series', Aussie millions etc likely gone for good. This is coming from management so likely to be legit but plans can change. They've been wanting to do away with poker for a long time so seems like they're largely seizing this opportunity to make it happen.

Sep 19, 2006
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
Current whisper is poker will be back in Feb/March. However it'll be capped at 10 tables and only running Friday/Saturday/Sunday. No more tournaments or tournament series', Aussie millions etc likely gone for good. This is coming from management so likely to be legit but plans can change. They've been wanting to do away with poker for a long time so seems like they're largely seizing this opportunity to make it happen.

That absolutely sucks :(

Sep 19, 2006
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
:(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 213

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Coming back in May. 20ish tables in the old high limit area downstairs. 5 handed, full rake. Lowest game will probably be 2/5, definitely no 1/2.
What's the rationale behind 5-handed? I don't see how that works without tables constantly breaking. Here in Adelaide they're running full tables since reopening.

Nalts

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Used to work there, still have friends that do. Comes from management.

What's the rationale behind 5-handed? I don't see how that works without tables constantly breaking. Here in Adelaide they're running full tables since reopening.

I'm assuming it's a government stipulation since all the other games are also capped at 4 or 5 per table.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I'm assuming it's a government stipulation since all the other games are also capped at 4 or 5 per table.
Cheers. Seems unworkable for poker. My experience of live games is no-one wants to play short handed - if it gets down to 6 at any point without a waitlist then the table inevitably breaks.

Nalts

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cheers. Seems unworkable for poker. My experience of live games is no-one wants to play short handed - if it gets down to 6 at any point without a waitlist then the table inevitably breaks.

Yeah I reckon they're dreaming thinking people will be willing to play permanent short handed while paying full rake. Maybe the poker starved degens will be into though.

Back