Preview Round 3, 2021 : Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday 3:20pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression Lewis and Kozi are expected to carve up the Cats or they'll be considered not good enough, despite only playing a few games.

Supporters forget how average Buddy and Roughy were in their early development. But we persevered and they improved.

I don't expect them 2 carve up geelong at all. If they play their roles and do the team thing everything else is a bonus.

However Lewis is in his 5th year, Kosi an injury interrupted career but now 3rd year. Comparing them 2 Bud and Roughy in those years would not bode well for them.

I get the impression Lewis and Kozi are expected to carve up the Cats or they'll be considered not good enough, despite only playing a few games.

Supporters forget how average Buddy and Roughy were in their early development. But we persevered and they improved.
Buddy kicked 75 goals and won a final off his own boot in his third year. In his fourth year he was the best player in the game.

Agree with you RE perseverance but there’s no benefit in comparing them to future Hall of Famers

I don't expect them 2 carve up geelong at all. If they play their roles and do the team thing everything else is a bonus.

However Lewis is in his 5th year, Kosi an injury interrupted career but now 3rd year. Comparing them 2 Bud and Roughy in those years would not bode well for them.

100% people need to be patient. Two blokes coming in and learning the system. Play there role provide a aerial threat, 2nd efforts. The Great thing about Lewis,Kosi,Jeka they are mobile.

We actually have some quality smaller players around them if our tall timber can develop this season.

Kicked 188 between them at 21 years of age.

Lets just not compare future players to those two, it's unlikely we'll get a combination as good as that again.

Cracked record but smith got a push in the back after kicking that point on the run v Geelong.

should have been a free shot inside The point post to the nearest player. Hah had the hoops on, he would have had that free for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightly or wrongly regarding the comments on TOB, I think we should all respectfuly agree he isn't going to be part of the next successful Hawthorn team. Just not good enough.

Hopefully we pump games into Lewis Kozzie and Jeka and work out if they can offer what we need going forward.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

suppose sydney had decided Joey Kennedy wasn’t in their next successful team.Outside 2008 only barely having 22 players won’t cut it

You know someone on the Cats board is likely saying the opposite

and it WOULD make me salty if it happened
They'd have to be able to spell all those words, so highly unlikely.

If Obrien can get 9 years and 100 games Lewis and kosi can at least get a fair chance this season. Jeka too.

I'm not trying to suggest that they will give instantly better output than Obrien just that by now it doesn't appear like Obrien is going to get the job done for us.

The other 3 need to be given the opportunity this year to develop and for us to judge them. I have high hopes for the 3 of them as I did Obrien years ago.

We may find after this year that none will make it and we need to draft/trade/fa another tall but we may end up finding out which will be the next premiership forwards.

Imagine if we didn't play Roughead, Franklin and Boyle in 05,06,07.

Speaking of which. Away with kids on a holiday

I need a ******* break. When’s work start again?
Put one of them on the phone and I'll get them to repeat over and over, "Captain Kirk was the Best Jedi in Lord of the Rings" until you go insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back