BigCat1

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
I'm worried that they're putting in Holmes way too quickly, he has what School football and two VFL practice matches before an AFL debut.
Given there would be about 100 supporters that have seen him play live/TV/even 2 mins of highlights in the last 2 years, I’m comfortably happy to back the club here.

it’s not like we have no depth so that must excite everyone that we have a talent that has already leap frogged all them.

Yea should of played Jenkins imo for team structure.
Could be a factor on a perfect quick G surface tomorrow.
Maybe we are going for speed.
I just can't see us doing this without Danger v the Hawks.

Yea should of played Jenkins imo for team structure.
Seriously.. You're back again after the earlier warning

It's already been confirmed you're an Essendon supporter, and whose previous posts on the Geelong Forum show a clear detest for Geelong

You've already been told this afternoon to move on and return to the Essendon board - don't want to see you around these parts again

The other issue is. ...it seems kicking scores in 'IN"... Kruger or someone as the third tall should be getting a game now... as we have no Rohan or Cameron or Sav. If not now...then when.
Does it? Why do so many of late keep referencing <insert tall forwards here> as reasons Kreuger should play.
He is playing as a defender.

The moment Henderson, Kolodjashnij, Henry etc become unavailable then we look at Kreuger. Not before then and not instead of, as he isn't as good as any of the backmen in our side.

BigCat1

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
Not going to comment about selection of individuals but if we cough up more than 5 intercept marks inside our fwd 50-70 then the coaching panel deserve a big fat F.

I just cant see who will be bringing the ball to ground to allow our smalls to do their thing.

Not going to comment about selection of individuals but if we cough up more than 5 intercept marks inside our fwd 50-70 then the coaching panel deserve a big fat F.

I just cant see who will be bringing the ball to ground to allow our smalls to do their thing.
If we cough up intercept marks in f50 it's the mids kicking it there that are the issue not the targets they selected on the team sheet. They either moved it too slow or fluffed the kick.

Maybe we're going to play Stanley up forward and up with Blicavs in the ruck
I would hope not. Their kpf targets are inexperienced but you can't teach height and kolo will get burned on a quick entry.

Prefer Hawkins Island where Hawkins just draws the defenders and we get a loose small somewhere. Evans, Miers, even an out of form Dahlhaus can all hit the board.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
We've effectively had one key forward for years. Not sure why we'd start worrying now

they will try to drift Stanley forward to pinch for a few goals throughout the game as they have often done historically. If he kicks 2 then he has done enough to compensate and compete to help our Hawkins.

big worry for me is Rohan out because he was the one going up smashing aerial contests and bringing the ball to ground if he didn’t mark it. We don’t have anyone to do that this week up forward as Hawkins doesn’t jump anymore.

Quite an important structural loss with our current team.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I’d play Henry forward, he can provide an aerial contest and is actually a natural forward in some ways. Some of his best football at Geelong was forward I reckon.

yes, love this. Goes well addressing the post I made a sec ago. Probably closest like for like with Rohan and the deficiency he leaves up forward

yes, love this. Goes well addressing the post I made a sec ago. Probably closest like for like with Rohan and the deficiency he leaves up forward
Agree. Only ? is his reliability as a goalkicker. Henry could be a real winner there. CS said he wants to play all his defenders, and that he wants them to be flexible- the only player destined to not move from defence now seems to be Kolo, but he too has had time on the wing.

I’d play Henry forward, he can provide an aerial contest and is actually a natural forward in some ways. Some of his best football at Geelong was forward I reckon.
I disagree. If he hadn't stepped up as a defender he have been delisted I think. He kicked 3 against Brisbane once in 7 goal win and 2 against Freo that one time we beat them by like 22 goals. Other than that it's a couple of 1 goal returns.

His wheelhouse is 3rd defender, intercept marks, and aerial threat disruption. I would hesitate to move him away from that

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Agree. Only ? is his reliability as a goalkicker. Henry could be a real winner there. CS said he wants to play all his defenders, and that he wants them to be flexible- the only player destined to not move from defence now seems to be Kolo, but he too has had time on the wing.
If he kicks 2 I will be rapt. Feel he just needs to create an aerial contest and not let hawthorn intercept mark all day because we don’t have anyone to fly for a mark, which could easily happen when we have Hawkins who doesn’t compete in packs and miers dalhaus higgins francis are not aerial players either. So we do have a problem without Rohan doing that role. I see us susceptible to being intercepted too easily up forward

I disagree. If he hadn't stepped up as a defender he have been delisted I think. He kicked 3 against Brisbane once in 7 goal win and 2 against Freo that one time we beat them by like 22 goals. Other than that it's a couple of 1 goal returns.

His wheelhouse is 3rd defender, intercept marks, and aerial threat disruption. I would hesitate to move him away from that
Pretty sure at least one of those occasions was quite similar to this where we were short a forward marking option. I remember as I backed Henry for first goal! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back