Preview Round 3, 2021 : Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday 3:20pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully Impey also touches up Tom Atkins for tunnelling him in 2019, causing his ACL injury.

Still pissed at the fact that prick got nothing for tunnelling Impey under the ball.
Pretty sure it was mop-head Myers that tunnelled Impey causing his ACL: a deliberate act that cause the highest level of impact, but went by unlooked at.

Higgins hasnt fired a shot yet. Been well down on his past few years. Need to remember he is well past his peak now and i doubt he was recruited to do alot of heavy lifting which he will be doing tomorow without Danger and Menegola there. He was recruited as the cream to assist the others in getting them a flag. They will need him to find his best form IMO.

I didn't watch the Adelaide v Geelong game, but it's fair to say Higgins wasn't up to much against Brisbane.

Hopefully for our sake he is over the renaissance he was having at North Melbourne. Though I'm not writing him off just yet. Last year he averaged over 21 touches a game, which was fairly high in relation to the shortened games. For context Selwood averaged 18.3 (excluding the game he was injured early) in a much better team.

Hopefully one of Hanrahan or Cousins is the sub. Easier to react to a tall going down and replacing them with a small than the other way around.

Cousins offers us the most versatility in terms of reshuffling players' roles. e.g. send him through the middle and move Worpel to the half forward.

Geez i thought the ins and outs on this site were funnier by the week, after seeing team selection and peoples reactions I'm booking gf tickets. With the amount of young talent we are bringing in or keeping we are a shoe in.

Btw I'll be very disappointed at a minimum if we ain't a lot closer than last week. Dangerfield has pantsed us year after year since moving 2 geelong he's not there 2morrow. We need 2 stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy and Ceglar need to win the ruck battle and our small forwards need to get on top if we are to win. Those are two areas where we can expose Geelong.
At least one of them needs to show something up forward as well. We looked a tall forward short last week. Ceglar a little better than McEvoy in that regard.

What are your honest expectations of Mitch Lewis for tomorrow?

Myself and some of my fellow degenerates on the punting board have high, high hopes.

Who do you see as more likely to be the main focal point up forward: Lewis or Koschitzke?

Myself and some of my fellow degenerates on the punting board have high, high hopes.

Who do you see as more likely to be the main focal point up forward: Lewis or Koschitzke?

Honestly mate, it's all dependent on the mids. As with most games this year, the team dominating out of the centre usually has a forward kicking 5+.
If we can get the ball in quick and to advantage, he could kick a bag.

He'll be the main focal point, with Kosi providing blocks etc.

Think kosi plays close to goal.

We need to shut down Duncan.

Howe is too slow on the outside, so it has to be Shiels IMO. If we shut him down then their goes their best link man and best field kick.

We can back Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Wingard to go head to head with Selwood, Guthrie, Parfitt and Higgins.

Aside from Duncan we have all watched Higgins absolutely torch us multiple times. Hopefully we can quell his and Smith's influence too.
Was gonna say...Smith can link up well too

Ruckman:
McEvoy has played 81% and 79% game time.
ceglar played 76% and 74% game time

So assuming we always have at least one ruckman on the field at a time, we have played them on the field at the same time for 57% and 53% game time. I don’t see that as enough as it means we are using one of our four bench spots for a ruckman for 43%-47% of the game ie ~10-12% of our total bench capacity on two ruckman. They either need to contribute more up forward or we need to play three forwards and one ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back