List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Stephens wouldn't re-sign until he gets games this year. If he doesn't play he walks for opportunity
Not our problem.

If a player runs becuase he's not good enough, then he's not going to be good enough in another club.

I also think this is a rediculous opinion. Many players have had to earn their position and don't run at first chance.

This post is full panic merchant.

Not our problem.

If a player runs becuase he's not good enough, then he's not going to be good enough in another club.

I also think this is a rediculous opinion. Many players have had to earn their position and don't run at first chance.

This post is full panic merchant.
It was hardly a panic post. If he doesn't play games (because he isn't best 22) then he will leave and so be it. I'd rather re-sigh about 5 other players before Stephens FWLIW

As I understand it shouldn't we be better off $-wise in the future if we have guys like Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Wicks, Campbell and Gulden in the best 22? I don't see why we should end up overpaying for any of these boys when they should be happy to play for a successful club (hopefully in the future) and remain in their home state. Isn't that supposed to be one of the advantages of having homegrown talent in the team?

Would be such a massive benefit if a few of those guys were our best players but we didn't have to pay them an exorbitant amount of money just to keep them. That money could then be re-directed to our best players from other states (Dawson, McCartin, Rowbottom, McDonald, McInerney etc...)

Or do I have too much faith in these kids loyalty to the club/preference to stay in NSW?
Being a good team and having a good environment matters most. I think we're fine. If you compare us and GWS, even at our worst we don't seem to lose players at a more than average rate for the league.

I also don't think players should be penalised for being loyal. I understand it'll be done, but I don't like the idea of a nsw boy getting played less because they're more loyal.

I think no matter what we'll have a similar core for the next 5-8 years. Can't see any big flight risks in our team, but that's my feelings.

It was hardly a panic post. If he doesn't play games (because he isn't best 22) then he will leave and so be it. I'd rather re-sigh about 5 other players before Stephens FWLIW
Your post is literally, if we don't give this kid games he'll leave us. Don't care if you don't rate the kid, but he was pick 5 and there's plenty on the board that like him. Maybe not a panic post, but it's hardly logical.

Your post is literally, if we don't give this kid games he'll leave us. Don't care if you don't rate the kid, but he was pick 5 and there's plenty on the board that like him. Maybe not a panic post, but it's hardly logical.
Call it a hunch, mate. I am surprised we didn't give him a 3rd year when we drafted him like most of our recent first rounders

It was Trealoar's time at the Giants. Every week i saw him stating 'they/we will all sign' until i relaised he was right. Everyone else signed but he want to Collingwood.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
ok.. thought you were comparing the Swans to Collingwood!! that was pretty offensive as i genuinely hate their ex president and don't think much of the rest of them.
Still think Stephens will sign. Today was the first news in over 12 months of any contracts for Swans players and I read it as Stephens being near the top of the list. Covid put a stop to all contracts last year, and the Covid impacts this year is still unknown.
I reckon the new rules coupled with the new game style suits Stephens perfectly

Call it a hunch, mate. I am surprised we didn't give him a 3rd year when we drafted him like most of our recent first rounders
Fair enough, probably a little jumpy around Stephens, just feel like he's been given not much lee way by us supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a list ending 2021 to deal with.

We have massive decisions as Norf, Hawks, Crows, Blues and ors might offer much bigger elsewhere.

Absolutes:

Dawson
Hewett
McCartin
Parker
Stephens
Warner - done 06/04
Wicks

Likely's:

McLean
Reid
Ling (I hope)

Maybes:

Brand
Carruthers
Gould
Naismith (Base pay)
Sinclair
O'Connor
Sheather
Fox

Going:
Amartey
Bell
Clarke
Gray
O'Riordan
Ronke

Kennedy signed
93e906423d3c45caafc399013e9bb707.jpg

Last edited:
I am adding 2 + 2 = 5 but Billy Brownless on the 'Sunday Footy Show' has stated the Pies are going after a uncontracted midfield captain.

My guess is Luke Parker, but could by Cripps.

Lets see what comes out about it.

I am adding 2 + 2 = 5 but Billy Brownless on the 'Sunday Footy Show' has stated the Pies are going after a uncontracted midfield captain.

Bont to take over from pendels

Massive contract offer apparently

Can you honestly see Parker at Collingwood? Srsly? One club player. Captain until they cart him out in a box.

No way the top guys are going to leave, they can sense a premiership or two with this group and will want to be part of it. Can see guys taking unders to stay together. It's more likely the fringe players who will be more tempted to leave to get some regular game time in other teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back