List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the decision is, for example, pay Kelly $900k in a position we'll be able to fill long term with our top pick in a midfielder-heavy draft this year; OR, pay the same money to McKay to shore up the forward line for the next premiership tilt? I know what I'm going with.

Extremely unlikely scenario, this. However, definitely a line of thought to consider as long as McKay remains unsigned.

Yes. Extremely unlikely, but with Kelly a Free Agent, we could get both. In theory.

Looking at other key forwards not getting game time that we can get cheaply former pick 2 Josh Schache is another to track

stuck behind Bruce and Naughton
Plus they will play JUH ahead of him eventually

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looking at other key forwards not getting game time that we can get cheaply former pick 2 Josh Schache is another to track

Schache is horrible - have you watched him play or are you focusing on his draft number instead of his output to date?

Would be one of the softest and least enthusiastic footballers I've ever watched play AFL

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yep we’d get him cheap but if he can’t crack it in two squads is he really likes to turn it around for us. In my opinion I’d sooner hit the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again easy to say no but put up other names that are gettable

I get the thought process but yeah that’s why I said go to the draft, even the mid season draft. I mean josh Walker has shown more than he has prior to joining and people think he ain’t up to it.

The issue with recycling top picks is that there is a reason they’d be available

I get the thought process but yeah that’s why I said go to the draft, even the mid season draft. I mean josh Walker has shown more than he has prior to joining and people think he ain’t up to it.

The issue with recycling top picks is that there is a reason they’d be available

May as well shut the thread down then hey

just draft thread then

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
May as well shut the thread down then hey

just draft thread then

Well again I understand looking to someone like him, and yes the draft isn’t the only Avenue but for a kpf particularly it’s just that there has to be some concern considering he has been at two clubs both at the time he was recruited needed KPF but can’t get a game. Just because he might be the only one available doesn’t mean we should bother, particularly with our list the way it is we should be shying away from those who have had a shot but couldn’t produce. That’s all I’m saying

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
List management is not just trading, it’s delisting, re purposing etc.. not trading for certain players also is just as important as recruiting

You’re the expert of sifting through the rejects of other clubs.

Let’s hope kpf comes out flying in the state league
yeah definetly better than anyone in this thread

not hard to look up an out of contract list across the afl for starters yet many posters on here struggle to do so

the discussions are riveting coming from others

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
yeah definetly better than anyone in this thread

not hard to look up an out of contract list across the afl for starters yet many posters on here struggle to do so

the discussions are riveting coming from others

As riveting as you repeatedly bagging out the same players

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers

Sorry mate Schache is probably the worst number 2 pick of all time, the Bulldogs would hire a limo and drop him off at our doorstep at the sheer mention of his name..

Rest your lips and lets go to the draft.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
We need to be putting together a godfather deal for Harry McKay.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to be putting together a godfather deal for Harry McKay.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We can’t be paying anywhere near the cap. Offer him 2 mil over the next 2 years to walk through the PSD. Then $800k for the 4 year extension after he comes.

Got to pay someone.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Weideman - injured now but pushed back behind Brown. Needs to get more physical
Mcstay - a solid player who may get pushed down the pecking order with Daniher coming. Doubt Bris will want to let him go.
Fogarty - has potential, a kick up the arse might help him realise it.
Ratugolea - has had injuries but does have some potential. Could be a stop gap for a period to take pressure of Larkey and Goldy.

None of the above will ever be stars, but could provide something to our list.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Get his #1 buddy Scully at the same time and that’s FF and 2-way mid sorted.

Dayle Garlett to give us a bit of go on a wing?
Pretty sure I’ve got Lance Angwin and Justin Charles’ Player Managers number somewhere in my Filofax.

I’ll see what they’re up to..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back