Injury Injuries 2021

In a further step back from providing a fan-friendly service the WB website dropdown menu item "Injury List" not only no longer provides a full injury list, it provides no injury list at all.

Have I missed something? Can anyone see one?
Looks to me like we have to compile our own.

Again.

wian

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NZ Breakers / New York Knicks
Apparently Ed Richards was stretchered off today against Collingwood in the reserves game with a serious ankle injury and taken off for scans.. Easton Wood Got though unscathed

wian

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NZ Breakers / New York Knicks
Apparently Richards was stretchered off today against Collingwood in the reserves game with a serious ankle injury. Wood got though unscathed

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Your talking about a website that still has Sam Lloyd as a listed player with photograph and all.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Marra with a thumb laceration according to our doc. Didn’t think that wrapping looked like a dislocation unless it was dislocated at the knuckle joint.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Your talking about a website that still has Sam Lloyd as a listed player with photograph and all.
This is standard. Sam Lloyd is still on our list and could even play if he suddenly changed his mind about retirement (although taking Anthony Scott might prevent that). See Bryce Gibbs on the Adelaide website as another example.

In a further step back from providing a fan-friendly service the WB website dropdown menu item "Injury List" not only no longer provides a full injury list, it provides no injury list at all.

Have I missed something? Can anyone see one?
Looks to me like we have to compile our own.

Again.

I saw this on facebook first, but it's up on doggies webpage now - think you might have to go there & search "medical room" each week.:think:

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1616994071001

I saw this on facebook first, but it's up on doggies webpage now - think you might have to go there & search "medical room" each week.:think:

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1616994071001
Thanks NB, that's exactly what I do. Or did until I gave up.

That link is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, although at least they've now brought back the injury list.

Dr Chris Bell features in a 44 second video discussing this week's injuries. About 15 seconds of that is taken up with intro and trailer acknowledging a sponsor and showing our branding. I know it's necessary, but unfortunately those bits are content-free as far as we're concerned. The remaining 30 seconds is helpful but far from comprehensive (understandable in the amount of time available to him). He ends by saying "go to westernbulldogs.com.au for a full injury list" ... or words to that effect.

When I last posted there wasn't an injury list at all. This time there is, but let's take a look at it (this was a screen snap taken in the last hour, my red highlights added):

1617009290510.png

I'm sorry but by any measure that's a very poor offering. If that was a common retail business that I had no emotional connection with I'd simply walk away and take my custom elsewhere.
  • Garcia and Hannan are listed as 1-2 weeks away when the video that referred me to this page says they are now in full training and available for selection.
  • No mention of our high profile #1 pick Jamarra who was the first player featured in the injury list video.
  • No discussion in the video of Richards or Crozier (the latter in particular is a player we really miss and, judging from posts here, one that we are anxiously waiting news of). Given the Hannan-Garcia listing is clearly well out of date the listings for Crozier and Richards in the screen snap above are almost certainly out of date too and therefore next to useless for us.
  • To add insult to misinformation they say this was last updated six months into the future.
Do you see what I mean about feeling like the club doesn't really care about our needs with this weekly charade?

I have no gripe with Chris Bell. He's just doing the 30 seconds of content requested of him by the media department and probably has no control over the web page production.

A couple of things I should acknowledge in the club's defence are:
(1) For comparison I looked at the North and Saints websites and couldn't find an injury report at all!
(2) Our club admin is probably suffering from huge budget cuts due to the pandemic and related loss of revenues all over the place. Hence they can't provide the depth of content and quality assurance that they would in happier times. However that shouldn't excuse them from a few minutes reflection on what the fans are after. And surely a 2 minute proofread of this segment before it's published is not an unreasonable expectation. If it's all too hard I'll volunteer an hour or more a week to review the web page before it is posted and to provide general feedback if they want it. I understand that it would need to entail no extra production costs.

Look I love the club but I don't see why this should be acceptable to any of us. It's not a lot to ask. Apart from the frustration in not being able to get much that's useful from the club website it just looks so unprofessional.

They probably don't want to hear any more complaints from members but I suppose I'll need to send them a message anyway ...

Last edited:
(2) Our club admin is probably suffering from huge budget cuts due to the pandemic and related loss of revenues all over the place. Hence they can't provide the depth of content and quality assurance that they would in happier times.

This was my first thought.

However, who's uploading all the videos? Whoever's doing that could surely add an injury list page and put it on their weekly diary to update it (even if they have to go off the video put out to get the info).

While not wanting to rip people off, surely if resources and time are that tight wouldn't you ask for volunteers or get in a tertiary IT or media student for some work experience? It's a work-from-home job - covid safe.

I think it's worthwhile asking the club - be nice about it & don't give them the 'short of staff' excuse before they offer it. See what they say. And if they are short of staff, suggest they ask for work-from-home experience kids.

Back