Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, see the thing is - the Australian Women’s Cricket Team broke the world record today for most consecutive ODI wins by any team ever, men’s or women’s, which was pretty cool. Chased down the Kiwi total with 11 overs to spare with half centuries to each of Healy, Perry and Gardener.

Then apparently there was a game of footy that started just after that record breaking match finished, which didn’t go so well. Screw that s**t, and everyone who didn’t turn up and/or played like the poo my new kitten just did in her litter tray... 😑

I’m celebrating the good stuff! 22

Look, see the thing is - the Australian Women’s Cricket Team broke the world record today for most consecutive ODI wins by any team ever, men’s or women’s, which was pretty cool. Chased down the Kiwi total with 11 overs to spare with half centuries to each of Healy, Perry and Gardener.

Then apparently there was a game of footy that started just after that record breaking match finished, which didn’t go so well. Screw that sh*t, and everyone who didn’t turn up and/or played like the poo my new kitten just did in her litter tray... 😑

I’m celebrating the good stuff! 22

Imagine caring more about your country than your footy team. Shame.

I reckon everyone should just settle down. Carlton copped a fair pineapple during the week and were revved up. Fremantle were still feeling heady about last weeks big win over the Giants and wernt prepared for them. We will beat the Hawks next week.

I reckon everyone should just settle down. Carlton copped a fair pineapple during the week and were revved up. Fremantle were still feeling heady about last weeks big win over the Giants and wernt prepared for them. We will beat the Hawks next week.
Weren’t prepared?? Were our players staying on Mars during the week? Of course Carlton were getting bagged, that’s why you prepare and galvanise yourselves. We did the opposite.

Imagine caring more about your country than your footy team. Shame.
Not about my country - I ain’t no ‘Straya campaigner’ kinda person. I love my cricket, and it’s gratifying and so much fun to watch a team who play as a team, who are passionate about their sport, who are driven, who play for each other, who have an environment where they all push each other to be better, where their professionalism is never questioned, and where if someone has a bad game, there are a bunch of others who’ll stand up and fill the hole.
Can’t say that about my footy team.

It's our turn for the pineapple. I hope Duffield throws a few bombs on his podcast.

Gross. Whenever we've lost these important games over the years I always read "oh well you know they were just more motivated than us", or "it was a must-win game for them". Why though? Why should we accept that's the case for the opposition but not us? We don't make finals just by beating up on an out-of-sorts Hawthorn at home, we do it by winning 50/50 games on the road and so far this year we've failed miserably to that end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're proper f’ed if we're relying on a media "pineapple" to incentivise our playing group. After 5 years in the wilderness if we're not hungry now we never will be.
Exactly...these guys are getting paid on false pretences and don’t realise the pain the average supporter/ member has to endure.

these are the types of games any serious team should win. freo would have been more than aware that carlton were going to be desperate today so why didnt we want to match it? are we also not desperate to win? its just oh so predictable and boring. carlton play s**t, get destroyed by the media then play us and make us look terrible. if we were a proud team we should have demolished them today but we let them embarrass us.

these are the types of games any serious team should win. freo would have been more than aware that carlton were going to be desperate today so why didnt we want to match it? are we also not desperate to win? its just oh so predictable and boring. carlton play sh*t, get destroyed by the media then play us and make us look terrible. if we were a proud team we should have demolished them today but we let them embarrass us.
100% we should be smashing down walls to beat these campaigners especially after last year at Optus

So let me get this straight:

Do we all agree we bottomed out 2016-2019 and have drafted / traded reasonably well since then With a couple of bad exceptions ( Hogan / McCarthy ) . Who were EXACTLY the type of players we needed but unfortunately turned out to be head cases So we go back to the drawing board.

Then Supporters say we can't trade for instant gratification players because we are s**t at it

Yet the same supporters don't have the patience to wait for our young players / new team / new coach to Gel and develop

Well as far as I know there's no other options so either stay on the wagon or GTFO

The side consisted today of one injured KPF, 2 average rucks with one who is as slow as treacle pretending to be a forward , a Key back who is the same size as a big mid and the rest comprising of mids, half back flankers and small forwards.
I think that is the most undersized side I can remember. What did the dumb **ck selectors think was going to happen.
Selection for today's game was a total brain fart.
I knew we would get blown away . A blind miner could see that.
That's twice in 3 games that the coaching panel have stuffed up and the win was a lucky romp over sub standard opposition.

100% we should be smashing down walls to beat these campaigners especially after last year at Optus
How our team didn’t want to come out and absolutely embarrass the Blues after that loss last year is beyond me. If they’re not motivated enough because that’s their literal career/job and needed something extra, surely that was enough.
Useless lazy soft utensil campaigners.

The side consisted today of one injured KPF, 2 average rucks with one who is as slow as treacle pretending to be a forward , a Key back who is the same size as a big mid and the rest comprising of mids, half back flankers and small forwards.
I think that is the most undersized side I can remember. What did the dumb **ck selectors think was going to happen.
Selection for today's game was a total brain fart.
I knew we would get blown away . A blind miner could see that.
That's twice in 3 games that the coaching panel have stuffed up and the win was a lucky romp over sub standard opposition.
Plus it was indoors where the weather wasn’t going to affect it. I would of played Logue even if he wasn’t 100% and Treacy was a no brainer

Agreed 100%. Date should be circled in the calendar by everyone on the list and the coaches already.
And everyone of us should be there screaming our rings out
I'll be making the 400km journey specifically for that one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back