Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he should be safe for rest of the season as Freo continue their rebuild, but if they are still bottom 6 next year, he will be in some strife.

Not sure if that is fair though and it's an injury riddled and young list without a fully functional forward line.

Peter Bell should be under more heat. Pretty much swapped Lachie Neale for a broken down Jesse Hogan who is no longer at Freo.

Today's loss was insipid, no excuses for losing that game. Onwards and upwards, just win next week.
Your season (and squad) right now remind me of your 2003 season, where you will win almost all of your home games and pinch a couple away games, enough to make finals but not good enough for the flag. Your loss to Carlton was not unexpected. I expect you to beat Hawthorn easily next week.

Peter Bell should be under more heat. Pretty much swapped Lachie Neale for a broken down Jesse Hogan who is no longer at Freo.
that wasn't bell. if you remember bell and the recruiting staff went right off jesse hogan. rumor has it it was the pres, board and lyon who overruled him.

Which points do you disagree with and why?
well lets dissect your post......
Having three of the exact same midget mids in Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong is a complete balls up.

No it wasnt. As a freo fan posted on here.... Serong is only 179cm. Brayshaw and Cerra are 185 cm each. Serong isnt a dud. he won the rising star last season.
Henry continues to be a bust. A rookie selection at best and not a high 1st rounder.
Henry is a bust? Yeah he was pick 9 points wise. Gave up a few points to get him.

The bloke has talent. I will reserve Judgement until at least the end of next season.

Jo Lo will lose his job before they rise up the ladder.

you might be right at this point. However he is contracted until the end of 2022. We could sack him at the end of thise season with one year left. But unlikely. I want to see this through.

It's a club that ruins careers. They'll have their Eastern States recruits bailing.
Brayshaw was originally out of Contract in 2021, Signed a 4 year extension until 2025.

Taberner was out of contract too in 2021, he too signed a 3 year deal until 2024.

young,Serong, and Henry were all our 2019 1st rounders of picks 7, 8 and 9. All 3 were out of contract this year and all signed on until 2023.

Yep.... All those eastern States recruits are fleeing freo.:thumbsu:

An utterly pathetic and putrid display on today. The players didn't try from the opening bounce.
One of the rare lines I agree with you on.

Recruited the wrong type of players. Another rebuild to come.
1st off all I have posted this before and will post again.

the moment the wheels fell off in 2016 when freo went 0-10, it was the start of the rebuild. Dont care what anyone else though, it was an ageing squad.

That backline of 2012-15 was this......

FB: Duffield, Dawson, Johnson
HB: Spurr, McPharlin, Ibbotson.

Duffield and McPharlin retired in 2015. Dawson and Ibbottson retired in 2017. Johnson and Spurr were gone in 2018.

Backline to a while to fix up.

The mids were phased out too. Crowley was gone in 2015. Michael Barlow, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Nick Suban and Tendai Mzungu was gone in 2016. Cam Sutcliffe, Tom Sheridan and Hayden Crozier were gone in either 2017 or 2018. Danyle Pearce reitred in 2018.

Freo has some solid young mids coming through.

The forward line.... Pav Retired in 2016, Mayne was gone as a Free agent in 2016, Ballantyne retired in 2019.
What do you mean recruited the wrong type of players?

Who else did you expect to recruit? Buddy Franklin.

I have posted this before and posted this again.

Jesse Hogan was an A grade tall forward. It didnt work out.

Cam McCarthy is a B grade forward Who was capable of kicking 40 goals a season. Like Hogan it didnt work out.

Shane Kersten like Cam McCarthy was a B grade forward.

Rory Lobb is a KPF ruck thats injury prone.

Matt Taberner is a C grade forward that kicks 2-3 goals a game or 30-35 goals a season. I like the bloke. He isnt elite but at least he busts his gut out and gives 100 percent to the cause. Same reason why Jono Griffin played 56 games in 7 years from 2011-17 playing back up ruck to Sandilands and Zac Clarke.

Freo tried to trade and develop forwards and so far and it hasnt worked out. So try again in the draft.

And Walters is a pathetic example to his young team mates. Should be banished until he grows up.

Absolute crap post if I havent seen one. You dont see him like I and the rest of the dockers fans do.

You want a good example about him to his young team mates... go back to mid 2012.

Walters was a fringe player at freo from 2009-2011. Start of 2012, he came to the club in Pre season unfit and over wieght.. Ross Lyon told him to train alone.

He comes back fitter and with a better attitude.

Kicks 22 goals and 11 behinds from 10 games.

In 2013 he kicks 46 goals and 23 behinds from 21 games to help us get into a grand final. If that isnt leadership and setting an example to younger players, I dont know what else is.

considering bell got half of those people sacked, nah i don't think so. plus its a very common rumour that persists in perth that lyon and the higher up were meddling in things like trading.
They needed a quick fix forward for a team going nowhere
Took a punt on Hogan ( and McCarthy) and it didn't work out .
History, hopefully learn from it and move on .

Nah that was Bell thinking that he was playing 4D chess
Lyon and his mates were constantly undermining people at the club and their decisions. Bell didn't want Hogan in the first place, Lyon wanted the quick fix and brought him in. If Bell's in charge of that trade period fully we only bring in Conca and Lobb. Lyon supposedly undermined the strength and conditioning team too, making players come back before they were ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having three of the exact same midget mids in Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong is a complete balls up.

Henry continues to be a bust. A rookie selection at best and not a high 1st rounder.

Jo Lo will lose his job before they rise up the ladder.

It's a club that ruins careers. They'll have their Eastern States recruits bailing.

An utterly pathetic and putrid display on today. The players didn't try from the opening bounce.

And Walters is a pathetic example to his young team mates. Should be banished until he grows up.

hahahaha what a bunch of crap. Cheers for the laugh. Fair troll

Serong 178cm
Brayshaw 184cm
Cerra 188cm

All midfields have players similar heights.
Shuey 183 - Kelly 183cm - gaff 182cm

theres This thing called a balance, where we have Fyfe at 192cm Acres 191 Mundy 193cm

Henry will be fine. Natural talent.

It wasnt a great win. I dont beating the hawks. Only Beat them by 15 points. Both teams are struggling and will probably finish bottom 6.

This time last year, Freo beat the hawks in Perth by 16 points and that was our 1st win over them since 2014.

Our age and experience level means we will have issues with consistency. This week’s game against a vastly improved Adelaide will be a big test and an opportunity to get into the 8 before a home game against North.
I’m fairly confident we can really start to gel over the next few weeks, especially with Logue, Lobb, Hamling (potentially) and Pearce (potentially) due back before the derby. I think we are on the right path but we need to translate our home form into some kind of form on the road if we are to surprise a few and make a run for the top 8.

They’re mid range, I had them 8th before season (and us 9th).

Considering their injuries they’d be happy to be 2-2.

Usually interstate sides don’t just win all games at home and lose all away, eventually they either begin to lose some at home or win some away.

Crows will start favourites but no reason why Freo shouldn’t think they can win this week.

Freo an absolute monty for the W tomorrow in Adelaide - will go into the Derby at 4-2.
I didn't say that, did I? My post was merely in response to an opposition supporter who compiled a ridiculous thread, that was followed by a self admission, relating to the fact he never actually views my team's games. How does the saying go, "Those in glass houses..."

I didn't say that, did I? My post was merely in response to an opposition supporter who compiled a ridiculous thread, that was followed by a self admission, relating to the fact he never actually views my team's games. How does the saying go, "Those in glass houses..."

Wasn’t responding to yourself mate - just figured the ‘Freo 2021’ thread that this has become would be the best place to make predictions for Freo’s upcoming games. ☺️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back