Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is you imbecile.
Look I’m not defending everything PAFC says but to be honest so ******* what if it’s hard ?

Guess what it’s hard for west coast, it’s hard for Richmond too since when did they give a s**t about that or trot it out as some sort of defence for a s**t performance?

I hate it when Ken says this as though somehow it’s only hard for Port and everyone else gets their wishes granted by their fairy godmother instead

I've read this thread back to front over the years and I still don't know whether it's a massive piss take, or you all really want him gone.

Oh it's not a piss take. We take it to hilarious lengths because it's funny - but we actually do want him gone.

I've read this thread back to front over the years and I still don't know whether it's a massive piss take, or you all really want him gone.

Exactly how many years should we be prepared to give this guy to actually win the thing before it's acceptable to think we should move him on? We're at 9 years and counting. Or are we just little old Port Adelaide akin to Melbourne, Fremantle or St Kilda and we should be overjoyed with the odd prelim defeat, punching above our weight in a difficult competition?

Exactly how many years should we be prepared to give this guy to actually win the thing before it's acceptable to think we should move him on? We're at 9 years and counting. Or are we just little old Port Adelaide akin to Melbourne, Fremantle or St Kilda and we should be overjoyed with the odd prelim defeat, punching above our weight in a difficult competition?
If we didn't win 2018 I reckon Simpson would be on his last legs right now, I get your point.

Just imagine if you were living in the land of unicorns and rainbows where while being paid at least $10k per week to run around and stay physically and mentally fit you went on as 3 day bender and then your boss said no worries take as much time as you like to find yourself again we’ll just wait until you’re happy to start working again
Might try it Tuesday after a 4 day break and see how it goes

There are no credits in the bank. 2020 got him back to parity, no more. If we lose a couple more games like that I'll be getting this thread to part 5 pretty quickly.
I don't believe that 2020 got him back to parity, it went someway to getting there but he is still in the red as far as I'm concerned. Nothing short of a deep finals run will get him back to parity, probably will need a grand final appearance to achieve that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% accurate. The sky isn't falling after one loss in April, I'm not warming up my sack Hinkleys just yet, but even if you like Ken, there was no reason whatsoever to extend him when we did.
He could have been re-signed on a lifetime deal, he'd only get paid for 6 months in advance if sacked.

I don't believe that 2020 got him back to parity, it went someway to getting there but he is still in the red as far as I'm concerned. Nothing short of a deep finals run will get him back to parity, probably will need a grand final appearance to achieve that.

Agree, parity was probably the wrong term as it implies a clean slate. What I mean is I'll hold off the calls for his sacking for the first 1/3 of this season and then it's open season again unless we're in the mix.

Just imagine if you were living in the land of unicorns and rainbows where while being paid at least $10k per week to run around and stay physically and mentally fit you went on as 3 day bender and then your boss said no worries take as much time as you like to find yourself again we’ll just wait until you’re happy to start working again
Might try it Tuesday after a 4 day break and see how it goes
Are you as good and talented as SPP?

We want him GONE!

The start with Hinkley= Promising
[ 1617554935371.png

The current Hinkley
1617554863172.png

The future with Hinkley
1563550097074-png.711738

If Port don't at least make the Grand Final this season he has to go!

Meh in round 8, 2004 we lost by 92 points to North Melbourne - a team who weren't even in the premiership conversation that year
The 2004 team was ravaged by injury at that point of the season.

Yeah,

8 key outs against North04 (Primus, Francou, Wanganeen, Pickett, Montgomery, Hardwick, Carr, Kingsley) + 2 debutants (Symes, White)

Versus

1 self-inflicted absence against WCE21 (Powell-Pepper) + the youngest player being a second-year forward averaging 3 snags so far (Georgiades).

The former result is obviously what happens when you’re running on less than fumes. The latter, well, fingers crossed.

I just reckon there is a middle ground between

"We are complete garbage and will lose every game"

And

"We want our senior staff to be held accountable"

There is no question in my mind that we have been good enough to at the very least make a grand final in the past 9 years (Id say a good coach would have 2 flags in that period).

The list is there, the players are there. You can be critical while remaining aware of the positives.
I've never said we are garbage and will lose ever game.. i just sense when we start drinking our own bathwater. The moment kane and Chad were on SEN comparing the list to 2004 talking about connection and all this s**t after beating garbage the past fortnight was the moment I knew we'd lose this week. Ontop of Ken making claim that we are better than last year. Just keep quiet, they've earnt nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back