Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb 25 touches and a goal for 66. Did he butcher the ball that much??
1 kick in defence went straight to an eagle about 20m out directly in front, a couple of other direcr turnovers, it all looked very un Helmet like. He should've finished on 100+ without the uncharacteristic errors. 66 still seemed harsh though.

Blake Hardwick has scored 90 and 103 so far this season. Priced at $373k.

In the first 2 rounds he is ranked elite for disposals, kicks, efficiency, rebound 50's, effective disposals, intercept possessions, intercept marks, marks and metres gained.

Maybe one to keep an eye on.

In the first 2 rounds he is ranked elite for disposals, kicks, efficiency, rebound 50's, effective disposals, intercept possessions, intercept marks, marks and metres gained.

Awkwardly priced imo.

any fellow Zilliams owners out there ?

I watched him fairly closely given it was his first hit out with us......he played terribly. Yet, se still scored 78

#upside

5 free kicks against didn't help. He may have tonned up.

any fellow Zilliams owners out there ?

I watched him fairly closely given it was his first hit out with us......he played terribly. Yet, se still scored 78

#upside

Made a couple of clangers late (one oof) and got mowed down in a tackle running into goal. Should have got 90+ imo. If he ends up my D6 I will be laughing.

Why Ridley without any doubt? Bowes no chance to continue the gull role?
Ridley has prior season form .....Bowe's is more a leap of faith after two games, coming off a 84 ave season

1617152309064.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley has prior season form .....Bowe's is more a leap of faith after two games, coming off a 84 ave season

View attachment 1090316
I see what you mean but having said all that I remember Ridley last year was 300k season start no1 predicted he’d become the player he is. Bowes pick 10 plenty of talent sc is all about risk could pay huge dividends if he keeps it up which he very well could

I see what you mean but having said all that I remember Ridley last year was 300k season start no1 predicted he’d become the player he is. Bowes pick 10 plenty of talent sc is all about risk could pay huge dividends if he keeps it up which he very well could
Ridley is guranteed to be a top 6 DEF ......can you say the same about Bowes

Not saying Bowes is a bad SC selection, but the question was of preference

1 kick in defence went straight to an eagle about 20m out directly in front, a couple of other direcr turnovers, it all looked very un Helmet like. He should've finished on 100+ without the uncharacteristic errors. 66 still seemed harsh though.

should have been -66, hes the reason why the eagles were close at the end

Rather than cast doubt on a Top 3 lock, can you please explain to me why your best kick off half back in Brodie Smith is scoring like sh*t lately?
Just true to form for Smithy .....always the tease

I have a question regarding Bowes. He averaged 90 in his first 9 games last season, only tonning up once but he was really consistent in scoring between 80-99 with a high floor (only going below 80 once in his first 9 games). In his following 8 games to round out the season he averaged 76.75, tonning up twice but they were his only two scores over 90, with 4 scores under 66. Is there a particular reason his average dropped almost 15 points in the second half of the season?

Now obviously the longer quarters would play a part in his disposal numbers going up but not exactly to the extent that they are. 21 disposals was his high last season, to which he now currently ranks 5th in the comp for disposals averaging 30.5 per game. So is there a role change? He is also ranked number 1 for disposals amongst defenders, but obviously this is a very small sample size.

Now to compare him to Ridley. I don't necessarily see why he cant follow a similar trajectory to Ridley from last season. Yes, he costs 100k more but if you got on Ridley early last season, you definitely reaped the rewards, compared to those who got on later. I'm definitely considering Bowes, it's the type of pick that could make or break my season but i always play supercoach this way, it would be boring any other way.

I reckon because our Forward line is such a mess atm that all our defenders will score well this year as most of the goals we kick will be from fast breaks from the backline.

I have a question regarding Bowes. He averaged 90 in his first 9 games last season, only tonning up once but he was really consistent in scoring between 80-99 with a high floor (only going below 80 once in his first 9 games). In his following 8 games to round out the season he averaged 76.75, tonning up twice but they were his only two scores over 90, with 4 scores under 66. Is there a particular reason his average dropped almost 15 points in the second half of the season?

Now obviously the longer quarters would play a part in his disposal numbers going up but not exactly to the extent that they are. 21 disposals was his high last season, to which he now currently ranks 5th in the comp for disposals averaging 30.5 per game. So is there a role change? He is also ranked number 1 for disposals amongst defenders, but obviously this is a very small sample size.

Now to compare him to Ridley. I don't necessarily see why he cant follow a similar trajectory to Ridley from last season. Yes, he costs 100k more but if you got on Ridley early last season, you definitely reaped the rewards, compared to those who got on later. I'm definitely considering Bowes, it's the type of pick that could make or break my season but i always play supercoach this way, it would be boring any other way.
With Lukosius playing more up the field this season, Bowes has become our distributor out of the backline. Intercepts a bit and the lads look for him to move the ball on.

Pretty much takes all the kick ins as well. If his role doesn't change with Harbrow coming in for poor Buda, Bowes should keep his role. The only other risk to his SC status would be him moving to the midfield (as a GC supporter I would love this though).

Okay Hunter Clark owners. What the hell do we do from here? Upgrade to Riddler before he’s too expensive?

Okay Hunter Clark owners. What the hell do we do from here? Upgrade to Riddler before he’s too expensive?

Yes. I'll be doing that in another format, but it's even more of a no-brainer in SC.

Hunter Clark's first 3 games TOG% getting lower and lower (Thanks WaynesWorld19 )

78%72%67%

Or downgrade to Cumming and pocket $100K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back