Unofficial Preview Changes v The Dogs, round 4 in Ballarat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the opportunity of our first win and the endorphins available to remind everyone that there's still plenty of previews that we need posters for this year!

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Assuming they’re fit I’d go with

In: McInerney, Gardiner, Berry
Out: Ballenden, Lester, Ah Chee (sub)

Dogs actually have a pretty tall forward line with Bruce, Naughton, English and the Bont so would like to Andrews, Payne, Adams and Gardiner down there. Lester has been serviceable but Gardiner is an upgrade.

Tough on Ah Chee but someone has to make way to bring Berry in to the midfield rotations and probably the only other option was Robertson

Lester!! How could you drop him after the other night where he saved us down back numerous times? Ah Chee I agree with - he has been poor all season but I doubt they will drop him. Ballenden is an obviously one for Oscar if the big O is fit again.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lester!! How could you drop him after the other night where he saved us down back numerous times? Ah Chee I agree with - he has been poor all season but I doubt they will drop him. Ballenden is an obviously one for Oscar if the big O is fit again.
Ah Chee had a knee heavily strapped and may be carrying an injury.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Because Gardiner will save us down back numerous times as well but more than Lester.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Because Gardiner will save us down back numerous times as well but more than Lester.
I like Dizzy back although as with J Berry you want to bring them back with a top temp of 14. After being injured?
If Dizzy comes back it is either Payne, Lester or Adams who goes. Payne young prob made more mistakes although needs games to learn
J Berry I not like to loose his brother of Dev as well so who goes then Ah Chee?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like Dizzy back although as with J Berry you want to bring them back with a top temp of 14. After being injured?
If Dizzy comes back it is either Payne, Lester or Adams who goes. Payne young prob made more mistakes although needs games to learn
J Berry I not like to loose his brother of Dev as well so who goes then Ah Chee?

No issue

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So therefore we never include a player coming off an injury at Ballarat?
depends if they fully recovered and what injury. If you still have a slight hammy 10-14 degrees not going to help.
Not sure it help with Neale's back as well. You carry more of a risk.
Although now you can sub someone off straight away maybe less then previous years.
So you might be right you can carry one in.

Who would you rather play on Naughton, Bruce or Bontempelli?
Would be happy with Andrews, Gardiner and Lester.
Or Andrews, Payne and Gardiner.
Or Andrews, Payne and Lester.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Lester.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Gardiner.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Payne.
Only constant is Andrews.

Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
depends if they fully recovered and what injury. If you still have a slight hammy 10-14 degrees not going to help.
Not sure it help with Neale's back as well. You carry more of a risk.
Although now you can sub someone off straight away maybe less then previous years.
So you might be right you can carry one in.
So by that theory, all footballers that play in the Ballarat league are at short odds of doing their hammy, especially the days when the temp doesn’t get into double figures 😉

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would be happy with Andrews, Gardiner and Lester.
Or Andrews, Payne and Gardiner.
Or Andrews, Payne and Lester.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Lester.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Gardiner.
Or Andrews, Adam’s and Payne.
Only constant is Andrews.

So Lester can't play on dangerous talls or smalls and isn't a great distributor.

He might win contests against poor forwards but without playing a more valuable role it leaves his position constantly in doubt

Seeing Noah in Melbourne now, I think it's a reasonable bet that he will either play or be our medical sub. If we don't play him this week or next, we won't have the option to for a further two weeks at any level which I think the club will be eager to avoid.

So my guess would be:

In: McInerney, J Berry, Gardiner
Out: Ballenden, T Berry, Payne

With Noah in for Jaxon as the medical sub.

If McStay happens to be ready, I'd expect him to come in for Fullarton too - but am thinking he is still probably a couple of weeks away.

Seeing Noah in Melbourne now, I think it's a reasonable bet that he will either play or be our medical sub. If we don't play him this week or next, we won't have the option to for a further two weeks at any level which I think the club will be eager to avoid.

So my guess would be:

In: McInerney, J Berry, Gardiner
Out: Ballenden, T Berry, Payne

With Noah in for Jaxon as the medical sub.

If McStay happens to be ready, I'd expect him to come in for Fullarton too - but am thinking he is still probably a couple of weeks away.

I think you've nailed it. McStay not likely for at least a fortnight.

I think you've nailed it. McStay not likely for at least a fortnight.

So they have taken him down there as a safe play incase covid takes off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back