Traded Nathan Kreuger [Traded to Collingwood with pick 55 for 41]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Over his injuries, bigger, stronger, attacks well, aggressive in the tackle, marks well and when he doesnt he at least contest and brings the ball to ground, not the best 1on1 strength yet bet getting better, agile, kicks fairly straight, and now well behind the pecking order at Geelong with the introduction of Jeremy Cameron, and out of contract this year. Could be a very cheap and good get for a team looking for another forward. I know 2 VIC teams that have been keeping an eye on his progress. Each year there are cheapy trades that go on and nobody bats an eyelid but most generally provide good value, would he be good in your team.....

Last edited:
Over his injuries, bigger, stronger, attacks well, aggressive in the tackle, marks well and when he doesnt he at least contest and brings the ball to ground, not the best 1on1 strength yet bet getting better, agile, kicks fairly straight, and now well behind the pecking order at Geelong with the introduction of Jeremy Cameron, and out of contract this year. Could be a very cheap and good get for a team looking for another forward. I know 2 VIC teams that have been keeping an eye on his progress. Each year there are cheapy trades that go on and nobody bats an eyelid but most generally provide good value, would he be good in your team.....
He’s not behind JC
He’s behind our 19 backman
He’s been in the backline for a year and a half now

He’s not behind JC
He’s behind our 19 backman
He’s been in the backline for a year and a half now
Actually he was drafted and played as a forward, played in defensive roles as a trial throughout some scratch matches last year until injury, in 2019 he rotated through def and forward and wing positions but mostly forward. His multi positional capabilities are what have clubs interested.

Actually he was drafted and played as a forward, played in defensive roles as a trial throughout some scratch matches last year until injury, in 2019 he rotated through def and forward and wing positions but mostly forward. His multi positional capabilities are what have clubs interested.
I know he was drafted as a forward buy he was also not drafted in his draft year and then in his top age we drafted him
Was trialed as a forward at VFL level but obviously got moved back for a reason.
Me personally, I don’t think he will make it at an AFL club

I know he was drafted as a forward buy he was also not drafted in his draft year and then in his top age we drafted him
Was trialed as a forward at VFL level but obviously got moved back for a reason.
Me personally, I don’t think he will make it at an AFL club
yeah him being moved back was for developmental reasons, as a forward he was in your vfl best many weeks and had bags of 4, 5 and 6 throughout the season. best again these past two weeks at vfl level

yeah him being moved back was for developmental reasons, as a forward he was in your vfl best many weeks and had bags of 4, 5 and 6 throughout the season. best again these past two weeks at vfl level
I’ll let cats_09 and Art Vandelay_ prove those stats aren’t correct as I can’t find it
But it was something like 18 goals in 12 games including one bag of 6 against a lower side.
As for being in the best im not sure about that, last week he was in our best last week and 2 weeks prior when we won by games easily
The game we lost, he wasn’t
Those are the important ones for a backman, if he got in the best then I’d be impressed
Not against NM and PM VFL

He's had one bag of 6 in his first season, and that's only week he was named in the bests. He's next best effort is 2 goals - he played 14 games and kicked 13 goals

Over the preseason he moved to become a more permanent member of the 'Misfits'/defensive unit - so when a tall defender or 2 need a rest this season, it'll open the door for him

As for the past couple of VFL practice matches, he was in the bests last week but don't recall him in the best the week before - but considering that's based on him as a defender, it was highly unlikely he'd be playing this week

How's he tracking?
As a defender I've been impressed with his work in multiple VFL games now.
The Bulldogs do love their Geelong defenders (Callan, Hamling, Gardner)

How's he tracking?

I dont think you will be needing him... you have more depth than us as it is.. and have Father Son coming in that may end up a KPP looking for a spot.

He injured atm.

I dont think you will be needing him... you have more depth than us as it is.. and have Father Son coming in that may end up a KPP looking for a spot.

He injured atm.
We're ok for forwards but I like the way he looks as a defender. I assume de Koning is off limits.

How's he tracking?
Injured at the moment - he's looked good as a defender in his last 1.5 games, but his biggest issue continues to be continuity of games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's expected he'd be delisted or a late pick if traded. Hasn't played a single AFL game and Cats have been known to not bother with trades for players that aren't worth much. He however has traits that are desirable to the game in this current game.

It's expected he'd be delisted or a late pick if traded. Hasn't played a single AFL game and Cats have been known to not bother with trades for players that aren't worth much. He however has traits that are desirable to the game in this current game.

I would like to keep him, shows a bit as a key back. Key forward not so much. Injury prone though.

If traded would be worth nothing, or at least a pick we would not use.

I see him as an AFL ready defender. Similar to Hamling. Has aggression as well just a little injury prone
He's going to be a gem for us once Henderson retires and he gets some continuity.

He'll play senior games next year.

Yeah he's not getting delisted mate. He'll be getting a contract offer from the cats which I'd expect he'll sign.

Sounds like you think its like Hamling. Hoping for a bargain. The age our our backline will ensure opportunity as soon he plays enough to put down some solid form. At 22 he does need to be able to string some games together.

Yeah he's not getting delisted mate. He'll be getting a contract offer from the cats which I'd expect he'll sign.
Think so? He's currently last on KPPS on who they want to retain and it looks like Henderson will go around again next year at his current rate and is only 31 so has a couple of years maybe left. There is De Koning, Henry, Stevens, & the chance Blicavs moves back again if another ruck is found.

Think so? He's currently last on KPPS on who they want to retain and it looks like Henderson will go around again next year at his current rate and is only 31 so has a couple of years maybe left. There is De Koning, Henry, Stevens, & the chance Blicavs moves back again if another ruck is found.
Stevens is a flanker for starters. Henry is more of an intercept defender.

De Koning won't be AFL ready for a while.

Henry outplays his size but isn't tall enough for the taller KPPs, he's essentially midfielder height. Stevens is doing his best work in the 2s through the midfield which seems to be where they see him. DeKoning is ahead of him on skill set but still too light for a KPD position.

There is exactly one player in the backline currently that can play talls and he is 31. Strong argument we're a KPD short with Blitz in the ruck now and 2 kids in the 2s too light and not available due to injury. He won't be delisted.

We're too thin not to offer him anything and the injuries are too concerning for other clubs to chase him.

He has had a lot of interruptions with concussions and injuries but there have also been times where they could have given him a game. I like him but I think supporters rate him a hell of a lot higher than the club and it wouldn't surprise me personally if they delisted him at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back