Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

At some point later in the year I'll do a comparison to those clubs that have recently got one and where we sit comparatively.

This thread has gone early on the back of the forst 3 rounds

If we were the Gold Coast we'd probably get additional first, additional end of first, and first access to any kid who's club side has the letter S or T in it.

I used to be proud of our non PP status. It doesn’t work, means nothing.

Everyone else takes advantage of the system, time for us to get with the program.
Yeah, I was proud of our years without a spoon. And PP. If we win a flag in 5 years, will anyone give a s**t of we got a spoon and a PP back in 2021?

Milk the ******* system.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

It'll be a miracle if we win a game this year, so I'd bank a PP. Though it'd be end of first round and not the start because leopards don't change their spots.
Definitely this. We will probably fluke a win once or twice this year but we wont be competitive in a lot of games. Irrespecitve of the AFL not liking us, what they really don't like is upsetting their sponsors, broadcasters and betting partners. Teams that are a walkover aren't good for the game and the look of the competition. Expect us to apply early and get an end of first round PP.

More likely the AFL will try and push our picks back in the order through some bullshit compensation than give us a Priority Pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fail to see how we get less the Gold Coast if we perform worse?

How does the AFL bat that away?
Performing worse that the Gold Coast would in all likelihood kill us. We don't have the league funding 5k crowds and AFL media calling them great turnouts.

I know I said I would do it later but here is the comparative stuff of PPs that are relevant. The make up was changed in 2012 because Melbourne tanked. Meaning Melbourne, Carlton, And anyone else who got one before them are meaningless to the current day.

Criteria the judge on:
1617702987043.png

This is Gold Coast ladder positions since their inception:
1617701724461.png

This is ours -2 years from the great exodus of 2016:
1617701805381.png

Gold Coast were given half the world in draft concession in 2019:
1617701926776.png

This would be based on the fact that all bar 2 years (2013 & 2014) they were bottom 4.

We would need to be s**t for probably another 3 years meaning bottom 2 until 2023 in order to get anything resembling what they did. Fact is that would kill us. We would be pretty dire if we were uncompetitive for that long. Its been too long already TBH.

We are not even really on par with Brisbane of 2016 who received a end of first round priority pick:
1617702412108.png

If we win the spoon this year and ask for a priority pick I'd be astounded if we were to get more than an end of first round pick as a best case scenario.

If we don't win the spoon then pretty much forget about it.

The failure to pick a direction and stick to it in 2018, coupled with the rally for Rhyce in 2019 would mean plumbing the depths for my time than we are feasible able in order to attain this sort of help.

So by all means if we are s**t enough we should ask. But don't expect much or be angry when we don't get much.

Lets see where we finish on this graph at the end of the year.

This is after Rnd 3 in which you can see scoring has increased.

If we are anywhere near the GC or GWS bottoms, we 100% will be inline for one.

1617773169518.png

Last edited:
I can see us fitting the same criteria as GC only to have the AFL rub it in by giving us pick 20. They'll make it seem like we were lucky to get that and the AFL media will make it seem that way too.

I'd give them my left nut to get pick 1 and 2 this year.

I can see us fitting the same criteria as GC only to have the AFL rub it in by giving us pick 20. They'll make it seem like we were lucky to get that and the AFL media will make it seem that way too.

There is no way to get past the human nature aspect of it. I don't have immediate concerns about our leadership but if you have a figurehead publicly known as aggressive and intimidating there is little doubt that'll stop them taking the piss like that.

Collingwood got a Sunday twilight vs dogs few years ago, pulled less than WE did for the timeslot, complained and were no longer scheduled for that slot.

There is no way to get past the human nature aspect of it. I don't have immediate concerns about our leadership but if you have a figurehead publicly known as aggressive and intimidating there is little doubt that'll stop them taking the piss like that.

Collingwood got a Sunday twilight vs dogs few years ago, pulled less than WE did for the timeslot, complained and were no longer scheduled for that slot.

Yeah, but when it's laid out on a graph like that, if this was to remain, we'd be clearly the worst side of the last 30 years, the gap between second last and us this year is almost 100% greater than any other year in that period.

That is damning.

Yeah, but when it's laid out on a graph like that, if this was to remain, we'd be clearly the worst side of the last 30 years, the gap between second last and us this year is almost 100% greater than any other year in that period.

That is damning.

Shock horror though, I'm guessing the AFL priority pick special sauce uses none of the criteria they publicly list and all of the criteria listed under the heading "Franchises and Favourite Clubs".

Won’t happen pick 1 only

He got pinged twice mate.

The ironing.

The best handballer in the league getting frees against for throwing against f*n Western!

You can't make that sh*t up...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clear fist to the ball on at least one of those as well. Meanwhile the Bont was giving lessons to the boundary umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back