WHERE ARE WE AT? WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the difference between 6 mths and a yr? I really don't see any re.

Gym and comradery are definitely big things. And you left a few things out there. And if he's outperforming other players on the pitch at training at bars and clubs and that re.. get him in there.

The difference could be as simple as the player understanding positioning in our defensive web. You can't play them until they do.

“From the outside looking in, surely Collingwood should be investing in their future, because right now, we’re watching Collingwood’s past, and that’s unequivocally been proven to be not good enough”

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Makes it less unattractive sure, but there's a lot of distractions to deal with, more than any other club.

If a coach would have a choice between a team with potential future vs a team with potential future and whole lotta bs on the side, which one do you think the coach would choose?

I just don't see any coach of any note falling over themselves to get here, and the reasons are obvious.
Lots of baggage. it Reminds me of an article I read around the awful 2002/2003 period. Matthews talking to Malthouse after MM took over from Shaw. Matthews told MM, “If you are going to cut, cut deep” I’ll see if I can find the article. If so I’ll scan and post.

Lots of baggage. it Reminds me of an article I read around the awful 2002/2003 period. Matthews talking to Malthouse after MM took over from Shaw. Matthews told MM, “If you are going to cut, cut deep” I’ll see if I can find the article. If so I’ll scan and post.
2002 and 03 we maDe grand finals..

Gee philips looks good today for hawks

Ffs

That would be interesting, I wonder if MM would be willing to traipse the same line to the next coach - if one comes that is.

We’ve taken some important steps already

- Ed gone
- Graham Wright appointed who will hopefully sort out the list management issues.

Next steps
- Replace Hine but keep him at the club in a scouting role. His failure to recruit anything resembling KPF is damning IMO

- Keep Buckley and resign on a 2 year deal.

- Replace all current assistant coaches. Harvey / Sanderson see you later. Bring in some fresh experienced personnel with premiership experience.

Reinvigorate the list - no need to bottom out whilst we have Grundy, Moore etc on our list
- Hit the draft next 2 years
- Bring in key position position players ( Full back, and KPF - via trades)

We can return to being a competitive top 4 club in 2-3 years if we get it together.

Go Pies

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lost me at keeping Bucks. Insanity.

Lost me at keeping Bucks. Insanity.

And that's fair - I have had significant misgivings about continuing with Bucks myself. But I've come to the view that I would move Bucks on only if someone of the ilk of Clarkson or Beveridge were available.

If that were the case happy to move him on.

Interesting comments above.

In particular the keep Buckley and surround him with premiership experience assistants. I've heard this theme many times before and I keep wondering why would these assistants agree to such an arrangement? And also why wouldn't you just replace Buckley with these premiership experience assistants (assuming they wan't to be senior coaches) and be done with it?

I would only move Bucks on if we could land either Clarkson or Beveridge. I'm of the view that we need to move Harvey on at the end of this year, and bring in someone who is outside of the Buckley / Collingwood bubble.

I would only move Bucks on if we could land either Clarkson or Beveridge. I'm of the view that we need to move Harvey on at the end of this year, and bring in someone who is outside of the Buckley / Collingwood bubble.

Whilst I acknowledge your comments, I firmly believe this is not the solution for 2 reasons:
(i) It's time to stop blaming Harvey and Sanderson for Buckley's non successes.
(ii) The likelihood is that we won't get Clarkson or Beveridge but that should not preclude the club from moving on. We need to take a risk and identify the next Clarkson/Beveridge.

Now may I say that I don't envy a potential new coach replacing Buckley. Why? The supporters. Because if he doesn't have pretty much immediate success the Buckley throng will be all over it. A likely poison chalice.

Poor old Bucks. If we'd fallen over the line in 2018 he'd be contracted until the end of 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell will be a gun coach I rkn

I think he will too. Perfect apprenticeship - premierships at the most successful club of our generation and then some time diversifying his experience away from Hawthorn. Textbook unlike at Collingwood.

Gut the list and start again using the King brothers as the foundation blocks. We've entered another golden era for forwards.

“From the outside looking in, surely Collingwood should be investing in their future, because right now, we’re watching Collingwood’s past, and that’s unequivocally been proven to be not good enough”

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Only a coaching change will see us heading in the right direction.

Saints fans want king dropped

Good thing they didn't drop him. He kicked five snags last night. Now that the game has been ridiculously tilted to favour forwards, the Pies need to start from scratch and the first step should be to do whatever we have to to get both the King brothers in our forward line. That will set up us for sustained success down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back