Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lmao only a dumb campaigner would actually think this could happen

I wouldn’t be taking anything for granted. We aren’t Geelong.

These guys (CP5 & Clarry) are coming into their prime and need September action to cement their playing status/legacy. It’s on us now to give them every indication that Melbourne is the joint where they will achieve that.

3-0 is a great start but it doesn’t erase 2019 and 2020. Continue to make winning a habit and they’ll stay.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

These guys (CP5 & Clarry) are coming into their prime and need September action to cement their playing status/legacy. It’s on us now to give them every indication that Melbourne is the joint where they will achieve that.

3-0 is a great start but it doesn’t erase 2019 and 2020. Continue to make winning a habit and they’ll stay.
Yeah nah.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah yes.

You reckon the MFC aren’t capable of shitting the bed? Naive.
Mate if you wanna worry yourself about Trac going to Collingwood go nuts. Not a ******* hope in hell.
That article is literally Tony Shaw picking a bloke who barracked for Collingwood who's good, there's more substance in the food at a soup kitchen

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate if you wanna worry yourself about Trac going to Collingwood go nuts. Not a ******* hope in hell.
That article is literally Tony Shaw picking a bloke who barracked for Collingwood who's good, there's more substance in the food at a soup kitchen

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Tony Shaw’s mail is just the tip of the iceberg around the AFL. Until these two guns sign up for 3+ years and put any speculation to bed these big clubs will come hard and come often for them.

I don’t want to hear any more about two year extensions to ‘stay hungry’ or to keep options open to ‘test free agency’. We need Tracc and Clarry - our two best players - to genuinely commit their futures to the MFC. It would be a huge fillip for the club and our premiership aspirations.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Tony Shaw’s mail is just the tip of the iceberg around the AFL. Until these two guns sign up for 3+ years and put any speculation to bed these big clubs will come hard and come often for them.

I don’t want to hear any more about two year extensions to ‘stay hungry’ or to keep options open to ‘test free agency’. We need Tracc and Clarry - our two best players - to genuinely commit their futures to the MFC. It would be a huge fillip for the club and our premiership aspirations.

tenor (3).gif

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s started. The noise will continue and grow louder from here on in until such time as he inks paper with us well beyond 2022. Clarry as well. All the usual suspects - Pies, Hawks, Cats, Blues - will be sniffing around.

Play finals this year and maintain a happy club environment and we’re every chance to retain them. Both would be worth $1m/season on the open market.

1617588738620.png

This you?

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seriously , if he stays or goes it is literally out of our control . Does anyone here know of any stuff ups with contract renewals over the last couple of seasons ?
I think the club has quietly gone about the business of contracts quite well .

So why would he go to a team on the decline that has just shown their administration is dysfunctional and the contracts they give players means jack s**t?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
So why would he go to a team on the decline that has just shown their administration is dysfunctional and the contracts they give players means jack sh*t?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Pretty much this. You know managers will be telling players don’t become the next Treloar.

He's gonna be restricted anyway
Won't deter many clubs I imagine. If they're genuinely keen they'll find the cash and trade currency. As schmuttt said it'd be silly to think there aren't clubs hitting up his manager about it, I'd hope we're also on the phone to Merrett's manager, etc. If you don't ask you won't know if you're a chance.

Back