Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

That's where it comes down to taste, isn't it? I can't stand listening to Jonathon Brown but other people seem to like him.
You cant have much taste if you like listening to Derwayne.

I dont particularly like listening to Jono Brown either, his voice is grinding

I just don’t get the dislike. I for one love the Roo, think it’s great we get to hear his opinion and sometimes get some insider facts.
No probs with it for me.
I can’t cope with his voice. It’s kind of like fingernails down the blackboard for me. Having said that, I think he should commentate, just not our games.

Gold Coast are going to upset a few teams this year. They've got a good group. Geez, I hope we can pry away Rankine and Lukosius though...I'd love them in our team.
All of our group stepped up at various times, but I thought ROB struggled again - just not timing his jumps right, and is a heavy-handed palmer of the ball - if he can improve his tap-work it'll go a long way to helping the mids. Brown also ordinary against Rankine - just lost him in traffic all the time, esp early. Frampton another who we need to look at dropping. If Sydney can play Logan Mcdonald, then we should bring in Riley Thilthorpe in my view, or Berg if he's not ready. Rest of the team earnt their spots I think.

Problem with that is he'll almost certainly be a restricted free agent. GC would likely match whatever contract we offer him, in which case we still end up paying the 2 firsts to get him over AND the inflated FA salary.

It may actually be cheaper to go after him prior to free agency.
Gold Coast are going to upset a few teams this year. They've got a good group. Geez, I hope we can pry away Rankine and Lukosius though...I'd love them in our team.
All of our group stepped up at various times, but I thought ROB struggled again - just not timing his jumps right, and is a heavy-handed palmer of the ball - if he can improve his tap-work it'll go a long way to helping the mids. Brown also ordinary against Rankine - just lost him in traffic all the time, esp early. Frampton another who we need to look at dropping. If Sydney can play Logan Mcdonald, then we should bring in Riley Thilthorpe in my view, or Berg if he's not ready. Rest of the team earnt their spots I think.
As I’ve said before, I’d wait til FA to look at Luko, but the one who impressed me was the ex Westies boy, Chris Burgess. Contracted til 2022 and wouldn’t cost the earth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding ROB. He has been terrible the last 2 weeks. He should have a very strict handballing licence. His kicking is not AFL standard, and has been well beaten in the hitouts. Made Tom Hickey look very good last week. The biggest problem is that too much is asked of him though at the moment. He really has no help. Hopefully in the future Thilthorpe will come good and not as much will be asked him. Makes me cry every time I see Tim English playing for the Dogs, knowing we picked Gallucci ahead of him.

Have said all along that 5 years was too long for Laird, and this seasons form I haven't seen much to prove me wrong.

A couple of other things, would have added Harry Schoenberg and Jake Kelly into the good category. Kelly's best ever game that I can remember him playing. Also, would add Tom Lynch into the bad category.

Very good summation otherwise.

To be fair, Hickey played a pretty impressive game against the Tigers as well...

IMO Brayshaw is the best regular commentator on Ch7 and it isn't close. Not sure if that opinion is popular or unpopular...
I think he goes a bit OTT at times but yeah he's probably close to the best. Probably tells you how low the bar is though

I think he goes a bit OTT at times but yeah he's probably close to the best. Probably tells you how low the bar is though
Re: going OTT - being next to BT doesn't help. Has been better when paired with literally anyone else

But yes, it's more a comment on the (lack of) quality of BT/Hamish/Darcy, honestly

You cant have much taste if you like listening to Derwayne.

I dont particularly like listening to Jono Brown either, his voice is grinding
Brown is like Kelli Underwood - both have good things to say, but both have voices that make your ears bleed.

Roo is similar, but they have the good sense to limit him to the boundary rider role - not main commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back