24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Whatever happens this year I see a significant cull at year end. Not all based on performance, some just end of career like Geary, Frawley, Carlisle and Ryder. But others I can see being shown the door are Kent and McKenzie. That's why we, out of all the teams need to nail the midseason draft to restock and get some match fitness into some young blood for the 2022 season. It's not that I am down on the existing list, with big outs like Geary, Ryder, Marshall, Paton and Gresham its just that I think the footy gods are telling us to start building for the next season already. I predict by the end of round 6 we will be 1-5 and the season effectively over. Am I being too pessamistic?

Wherever you sit on the ladder at the time

Apparently on 2nd June, the Wednesday after round 11.

We play West Coast (H), Richmond (H), Port Adelaide (A), Hawthorn (H), Gold Coast (A), Geelong (H), Western Bulldogs (A) and North Melbourne (H) before then.

Unless we lift our game we won’t win too many of those. It would be ironic if there were some absolute guns that we could nab.

For those doing not much Sandringham Dragons playing at 2.00pm at RSEA today
Did you end up going Stewy?

If so there are a couple I'd like to hear about.

Big Heath in the ruck and Mckay in the midfield look like possible mid season prospects, did either go any good?

Also our boy Paris?

Sandy also have 3 top 10 prospects in Sinn, Howes and Cheeser apparently

Don't mind the sound of Chesser

The question was who would you trade who has trade value.

It‘s not a knock on king just a hypothetical nothing more, players come and go all the time the club remains not the other way around. If the trade makes no sense perhaps you should tell the many posters who would pay two firsts for bing tomorrow. Also has Anderson signed an extension? Best mates, please players couldn’t give a rats arse they need to look after themselves. Is it crazy that a bayside Melbourne boy whose father is on our board might want to return home.

Just take the emotion out of it and ask yourself would you take Anderson and a first if it was offered for king. You’ve made a case that king is our best young key and he is, you’re also right that he’s hardly played and may well be everything we hope he’ll be so I guess that’s a no from you.

I would have a good look at any offer for any player, everybody has a price.

King is untradeable in my view. He’s a lad in his second year of senior football after recovering from an ACL. He gets buffeted from pillar to post while holding down a key forward post. Poor kid, let’s give him time to develop. He’ll be a star (like his twin brother). And he loves the club.

There is a core of players I wouldn’t consider trading - untouchables. In order they are: King, Marshall, Steele, Clark, Coffield, Howard and Butler (an elite crumber despite his loss of form). The rest you would put a price on and clinically consider in a trade if there was genuine value. Doesn’t mean you’d trade them, but give consideration if the deal was right for the club.

I have a hunch there will be a big response from the team in the weeks ahead. A few players will be playing for their careers.

Big Heath in the ruck and Mckay in the midfield look like possible mid season prospects, did either go any good?

Also our boy Paris?

Is it best to get a ruck from the TAC or are we better looking at that have opted to play WAFL or SAFL?
I think there are a couple of last years crop playing state level.

Also our boy Paris?

Yes ...actually .. did thought Chesser & Edwards likely types.

Daicos ......class above 1st half ..until tag applied ......even though they don’t tag in TAC..

Would‘nt even consider trading Battle would blow up in our face .

My take play him forward until Allison ready then back too good a player to let go.

Big Heath ..is big no for me.

Yes ...actually .. did thought Chesser & Edwards likely types.

Daicos ......class above 1st half ..until tag applied ......even though they don’t tag in TAC..

Would‘nt even consider trading Battle would blow up in our face .

My take play him forward until Allison ready then back too good a player to let go.

Big Heath ..is big no for me.
If the long term goal was to play Battle In defence then now is the perfect time to do it.

No need to wait to see if Allison turns out any good, we need a key defender now and we already can't seem to find a permanent spot up forward for him

Battle should look at moving on wasting his career at the moment and we get 1st round for him

probably blew his value out now. Get less than we got for Bruce.

Is it best to get a ruck from the TAC or are we better looking at that have opted to play WAFL or SAFL?
I think there are a couple of last years crop playing state level.

Think I’ve said it countless times would all be over Kieran Briggs at Giants ...don’t understand what they
are doing there amazed he stayed another year.
Done 3 years development...ready.....big fan of him ...

Think I’ve said it countless times would all be over Kieran Briggs at Giants ...don’t understand what they
are doing there amazed he stayed another year.
Done 3 years development...ready.....big fan of him ...
Is he up for grabs or is this another Brayden crossley/Isaac Heeney situation where it’s really just wishful thinking?

I don’t for a second think this will be the end result but....

Ming has a Rhys Stanley vibe, as it stands. Massive height with lightning speed, that can take a mark at the highest point of their jump - before dropping it - and can easily kick it over 50 metres, but always stab at it.

Unlike Stanley (pre-revolution at Geelong), I believe King will get through this rough patch. But old wounds have been opened and it hurts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Leo coming along?

Would be playing him now ...as back pocket following same trajectory as Paton...great vision
good kick...they won’t until we are desperate.

The other forgotten man Byrnes too ...although the hamstring early this year ..set him back.
So would be patient with him, really good head on his shoulders ....

Would be playing him now ...as back pocket following same trajectory as Paton...great vision
good kick...they won’t until we are desperate.

The other forgotten man Byrnes too ...although the hamstring early this year ..set him back.
So would be patient with him, really good head on his shoulders ....
We really need these boys to come on quickly.
Right now we've got depth players for injury but no real pressure for spots.

We really need these boys to come on quickly.
Right now we've got depth players for injury but no real pressure for spots.

Walked past Bytel and Byrnes in the corridor when I was leaving 5 mins before the end of the game game. I actually asked them “what happened there, boys?” as I passed them.

They are both a good size. We need to bring Bytel back and give Byrnes another go if /when he is over his injury.

Walked past Bytel and Byrnes in the corridor when I was leaving 5 mins before the end of the game game. I actually asked them “what happened there, boys?” as I passed them.

They are both a good size. We need to bring Bytel back and give Byrnes another go if /when he is over his injury.

did they respond?

not much either of them could’ve done not being in the ground and all ;)

did they respond?

not much either of them could’ve done not being in the ground and all ;)

Nope they didn’t. Was really just a passing, rhetorical question. As you say, they weren’t out there.

Both those boys need to be fed in and l maintain that Bytel is crucial to our future.

We have 1 A grade mid in Steele and what looks to be now a questionable future for Gresh.
Crouch we know can accumulate but is not as damaging as his numbers suggest and it's TBD if he can pull those numbers again.

It's just not good enough.
We have a middling midfield group at best and Ryder's contribution flattered us last year too.
Our prime group is Marshall, Steele, Crouch
Bytel, and I'd be committing to that for the whole season.
Get this group up to speed asap, then Hunts and the guys with pace (iffy disposal though) Jones, Gresh, Byrnes operate as recievers.

If we can make enough progress in this direction it puts Ross and Dunny on the FA table which might get us a 2nd and a 3rd to really attack the draft and/or land us a FB and young ruckman.

We basically passed on last year's draft so we'd bloody want to make up for it this year..

So going by this article below, we’d have picks 2 and 8 or 9 in the mid-season draft if it was held tomorrow!:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/579055
Interesting. Wonder if we’re tanking to get that?

in all seriousness though where is it stayed we have two picks when it says only one is available? Or is the other one for Gresh?

Interesting. Wonder if we’re tanking to get that?

in all seriousness though where is it stayed we have two picks when it says only one is available? Or is the other one for Gresh?
I’m pretty sure we actually have 3 spots available, but happy to be corrected. Maybe not now that we added Hunter and Wood. That might be why it’s down to 1.

Looks like if you put someone on the LTI list you can put someone on the rookie list after the mid season draft has been held.

I’m pretty sure we actually have 3 spots available, but happy to be corrected. Maybe not now that we added Hunter and Wood. That might be why it’s down to 1.

Looks like if you put someone on the LTI list you can put someone on the rookie list after the mid season draft has been held.
Up to 4 now that Gresh is out for the season.

1 we never filled, 1 from Robbo retiring then 2 if we put Paton and Gresh on the long term injury lists.

Paton , Gresham.
That enough for you?

I'm sure you're correct, but Pato and Gresh on the LTI list makes it 3, and Robbo might make it 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back