AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

The most appealing thing about this dude (apart from his Pantene hair) is his attitude. Hearing how he prepared for the game is nuts for a 19 year old.

The most appealing thing about this dude (apart from his Pantene hair) is his attitude. Hearing how he prepared for the game is nuts for a 19 year old.

Oooh do tell/link?

Glad others saw it but his ball drop seemed a little off. Seems to hold ball too low when guiding it down

I have seen some comparisons for Archie, but the one I can't help but think of is Jarred Brennan when I watch him. He used to do the same thing with guiding the ball down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracella II

Don't see this at all.

Caracella was a similar loping player to Langford even without that grunt. Played a bit taller than he was, as a half forward and wingman, but pace and power weren't features of his game.

He was a very neat, very smart player who struggled with the physical side of the game which resulted in problems in Brisbane.

I think the Reimers comments are pretty spot on. The Cook may have ended up somewhat of a running joke but he had some pretty high quality tricks.

Glad others saw it but his ball drop seemed a little off. Seems to hold ball too low when guiding it down. His overall foot disposal was ok, but aesthetically ball drop doesn’t seem the cleanest.

Love everything else about him though. Speed, strength, football nouse is all there.

Longy had a super low ball drop

as long as it hits the target I don’t care what the ball drop is like

but no Micheal Symons sort of stuff thank you

Don't see this at all.

Caracella was a similar loping player to Langford even without that grunt. Played a bit taller than he was, as a half forward and wingman, but pace and power weren't features of his game.

He was a very neat, very smart player who struggled with the physical side of the game which resulted in problems in Brisbane.

I think the Reimers comments are pretty spot on. The Cook may have ended up somewhat of a running joke but he had some pretty high quality tricks.

Not commenting on his size or ability in a contest. I am talking about the way he turns towards goal with ball in hand and the way he runs from there and puts his head over the ball when he kicks.

Very solid, very assured debut.

Love the way he stays in the contest, either getting the next ball or sticking a tackle.

Someone mentioned a comparison to Watson, at least superficially. I definitely see that, both in running style and kicking action. He has a little bit of a shuffle/waddle going.

Someone likened him to Ryan Griffin, and I agree, even wears the 16, Griffin was a jet at his peak.
This is the best comp i have seen yet. Griffen at his peak was about 92kgs though, so Archie may not have his physicality.

Stylistically though that is the perfect 'inside' mid for the current game as Griffen was 6'2", strong over the ball but could run and spread with the best of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back