Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a 32 year old nurse that works in a general medical/ respiratory ward in Brisbane which is important for us to have with what is going on here at the moment. I hope those that want to be vaccinated will have theirs soon. Good luck and all the best.

Hopefully the Goverments can get more Doses Made and out there so everyone who wants can get it ASAP.

Be good to get 2nd Jab to be Fully Vaccinated.

TheGreatGrundy you might be in the next Lot of People who be able to get the Vaccine

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully the Goverments can get more Doses Made and out there so everyone who wants can get it ASAP.

Be good to get 2nd Jab to be Fully Vaccinated.

TheGreatGrundy you might be in the next Lot of People who be able to get the Vaccine
I will be in that group along with many others but the question is when?

Glad you made the right decision to get vaccinated, on the road to the second one and close to full protection a week after the second dose.

100% Agree it be great to be Fully Vaccinated. Then be waiting do we need a Top Up later in time or Not now.

I think being Vaccinated makes me feel more Safer about Covid. I just don't understand people who want to take a Risk and NOT get it. I know it's there Choice but I can't see the Upside for it. Plus them not getting Vaccinated means it take longer to get back to Normal Again

IF you get the Vaccine you are less likely to Spread it alongside less chance you catch it yourself.

So people need to think more about Themselves with this

SnakePlisskin

Cancelled
Mar 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Early morning adventures
6859AA33-3481-46E1-A219-EE2F6A5832E7.jpeg

Wtf is that re.. went to pick it up.. thought it was a stick or some sh*t like that.. it's a fu**en insect.. do any of you asymptomatologists or geologists or whatever know what it is.. can I pick it up without getting a disease or some sh*t like that re?

View attachment 1094213
Get yourself to the hospital Gimp. Just being within 5 metres of a stick insect will kill you if left untreated. Luckily a month of enemas usually clears up stickinsectitis.

Great article here.

Australia’s vaccine rollout has so far been overhyped and under-delivered.
This from August 2020 (AstraZeneca is pleased to have signed a Letter of Intent with the Australian Government today, ensuring people in Australia are a step closer to having a vaccine against COVID-19 available, should the AstraZeneca / Oxford University candidate, AZD1222, prove successful). The next step will be to conclude other contractual agreements, including arrangements with a selected manufacturer who can produce the vaccine locally. As a company, AstraZeneca is committed to ensuring fair and equitable access to a vaccine against COVID-19, and will provide the vaccine at no profit during the pandemic. We look forward to confirming the next steps with the Australian Government and other critical partners shortly).

The first announcement, in August last year — that Australia had negotiated vaccine deals — set the tone for the rollout of “announceables”. Within hours, this initial announcement unravelled as it became clear it wasn’t a “deal”, but in fact a letter of intent.

Bungle 1: the wrong pace
Australians started the year in the happy position of having essentially eliminated domestic transmission of coronavirus. Australia didn’t have the high daily COVID death tolls of other countries, and so didn’t have the same sense of urgency about the speed of the vaccine rollout.

But this relaxed attitude — which federal health minister Greg Hunt called “a marathon not a sprint” — has continued for too long.

Bungle 2: the wrong phasing
The first phase of the rollout included three main groups: hotel quarantine workers, health-care workers, and people in residential aged care.
States should have been allocated all the vaccines to roll out first doses as quickly as possible to workers in hotel quarantine and on the health-care frontline.

On March 22 Hunt announced the second phase, which includes more than six million people, and encouraged people to call their GP to organise a vaccination. He made this announcement knowing Australia didn’t have enough vaccines to meet demand.

GPs hadn’t been warned of the impending tsunami of calls, nor did they know how many doses they would get and when. The federal government didn’t have a robust logistics system to ensure the right doses got to the right places at the right times. GPs were, rightly, extremely angry.

At one stage, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the goal was four million people to be vaccinated by the end of March. Here we are in April, and he has delivered less than a fifth of that.

Some of the shortfall is due to problems with international supply chains. The European Union blocked some deliveries to Australia. The federal government should have immediately shared the implications of this with the public, but delayed disclosing the reality until forced to do so at Senate Estimates a week later.

Bungle 3: the wrong model
The federal government has seen the vaccine rollout not as a public health program but as a political issue, complete with the Liberal Party logo on a vaccine announcement. The focus has been on announcables and good news stories, with the glory to shine back on the government in the lead-up to an election.

This focus has meant the government’s initial priority was a rollout through GPs and, later, pharmacies.

Involvement of GPs was the right call — it’s good for doctors to provide a comprehensive range of services to their patients. But reliance on GPs was the mistake.

GP clinics rarely have the space for significant numbers of people waiting to be vaccinated and to be observed after being vaccinated. Mass vaccination requires large centres such as sports venues and town halls.

Despite adopting a slow, boutique strategy for rollout, the federal government still set ambitious goals. At one stage, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the goal was four million people to be vaccinated by the end of March. Here we are in April, and he has delivered less than a fifth of that.

Bungle 4: the wrong messaging
The federal government’s original plan was to “underpromise and overdeliver”, according to Hunt. But the reverse is a better description of what has played out.

A more logical approach would have been to implement more phases, each with smaller numbers, and to make the phasing consistent with local production by CSL, which aims to manufacture about one million doses per week.

The biggest problem with the relentlessly optimistic political messaging is it makes it harder for the government to admit its mistakes, learn from them, and reset the rollout.

I read today that Australia has dropped from 42 to 115 in the vaccine rollout stakes.
Yeah we're killing it. My 86 year old mother in law can't even get it (let alone my 78 year old mother).

My daughter works in a public hospital as a nurse and they don't organise for her to have it. She has to go to some place miles away in her own time off to get it. She's also did the training to administer it early this year but no-one has given her any info about her actually using those qualifications to give it. She's sitting on the shelf like the vaccine itself.

It's total incompetence.

Last edited:
Yeah we're killing it. My 86 year old mother in law can't even get it (let alone my 78 year old mother).

My daughter works in a public hospital as a nurse and they don't organise for her to have it. She has to go to some place miles away in her own time off to get it. She's also done the training to administer it early this year but no-one has given her any info about her actually using those qualifications to give it. She's sitting on the shelf like the vaccine itself.

It's total incompetence.

Shows what People voted for when the Kept Scommo in Power.

Coalition is run by Morons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back