Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Will wait for the replay to see how I feel, goal aside nothing stood out at the ground.

Would play him next week, better option than our emergencies and we’ve lost a couple more today
My issue is that even down a rotation he still didn’t get much gametime and from what I saw he offers zero defensive work in his game

Will wait for the replay to see how I feel, goal aside nothing stood out at the ground.

Would play him next week, better option than our emergencies and we’ve lost a couple more today

Aren't Cameron & Menegola in line to return next week - those 2 could easily replace Evans & Higgins who look likely to miss through injury, meaning that there's not necessarily an open spot

It's then a case of whether Dahlhaus holds his spot, or if he's replaced by Constable or Close

Last qr.
Smith (running machine) 3 disposals
+ a heap of other players.
Blitz (running machine) 0 disposals
Stanley (ruck) 0 disposals
Constable 2 disposals (off the ground for half the qr)
Is that meant to prove something?
5 possies in the 2nd half isn’t great, especially when he should have been fresher.

I’d play him next week but far from convinced still. Today does little for or against his cause, seems a meh sort of day

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Is that meant to prove something?
5 possies in the 2nd half isn’t great, especially when he should have been fresher.

I’d play him next week but far from convinced still. Today does little for or against his cause, seems a meh sort of day
Proves he wasn't the main reason we were overrun. No players were.
We're older and short preseason.
Fair effort from 50 mins of gametime.
Should get a sub game next week. Doubt he'll get a proper game.

BUSTER29

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Perth/ Pilbara
AFL Club
Geelong
Proves he wasn't the main reason we were overrun. No players were.
We're older and short preseason.
Fair effort from 50 mins of gametime.
You are absolutely spot on.
The Cats,as a whole were being over-run in the last.
Constables contribution once he was subbed on was a clear positive.
Punk-ass b#tches on here don't want too be proven wrong.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last qr.
Smith (running machine) 3 disposals
+ a heap of other players.
Blitz (running machine) 0 disposals
Stanley (ruck) 0 disposals
Constable 2 disposals (off the ground for half the qr)
According to the AFL app in the last quarter

Blicavs had 1 disposal at 100% efficiency, 2 tackles, 5 hitouts and 21 pressure acts

Constable had 2 disposals at 50% efficiency and 8 pressure acts

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
According to the AFL app in the last quarter

Blicavs had 1 disposal at 100% efficiency, 2 tackles, 5 hitouts and 21 pressure acts

Constable had 2 disposals at 50% efficiency and 8 pressure acts
When I typed that it said zero. Not shitting.
The first time I checked it, it said Constable only played 33 mins too. But then went up.

When I typed that it said zero. Not shitting.
The first time I checked it, it said Constable only played 33 mins too. But then went up.
Some of those things change

It's like the Saints vs Essendon match, I saw it reported by multiple sources that at halftime there was an adjustment made to the team stats and 1 tackle was removed from the Saints total of 13 to give them 11

Someone then said it was updated again and they dropped to 11 tackles

I guess with some of those stat pages that there's someone updating things during the match, but at breaks or post match they then cross check the numbers and make changes where needed

I know we don't really have full control over when to activate the sub, but if we don't need to activate it in the first half and it's in the second half when we activate it then feels like that's when we'd get best impact from Constable

In his 3 games so far this season we've seen him have an impact when he's come on, but the impact drop off the longer he's on - he may have been well suited under the previous sub rule where clubs had more control of the activation of it

I ageee with that.he started fantastically well but faded..dont think he can run out full games and thats the issue with him as the rest of his game is good but with only 75 rotations its a real problem.

Great 2nd quarter. The goal was clutch. But again not enough influence for long enough. Would love to see him play a big last quarter. Will he get one more chance before Dangerfield back?

azyboy

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Disagree. Either name him in the starting 22 or play him in the 2s where he can get some decent match fitness.

The fact that he was benched for half of the last quarter is damning when we were down a rotation. Either he was injured or his fitness clearly is an issue.

Morning Glory

Debutant
Mar 27, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Disagree. Either name him in the starting 22 or play him in the 2s where he can get some decent match fitness.

The fact that he was benched for half of the last quarter is damning when we were down a rotation. Either he was injured or his fitness clearly is an issue.
I don’t think fitness is the biggest concern, it’s his inability to impact if he doesn’t get the ball. I’m 42 and had a hip replacement and I’d be confident to step around him. I feel for him as he would of been a good player 20 years ago. The rule change has made it even harder for him as well.

I get a feeling that his lack of game time in the last quarter, especially late in the match was more to do with his lack of spread from the contest with concerns that if he didn't get his hands on the ball first or a teammate and instead of was the Hawks who got first hands on the ball, that we may not have got enough defensive pressure from him

He's not known for his chasing or defensive pressure, so maybe a preference shown to those who could lockdown on the opposition if/when required

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
GHS mark 2. Can’t defend. On a day we were down on rotations - in a season with limited rotations / his aerobic capacity is so s**t he still sat on the bench flat out. Aside from his goal, he didn’t gain meters. He didn’t hurt hawthorn with his disposal. He’s a VFL player and Narkle would offer us infinitely more. Both as a sub or a picked player.

Always seems to get hands on the ball early then fade.
My sticking point is when he does get a handball he doesn’t run forward or doesn’t spread with any zest. Just sort of stands around.
His handballs and kicks seem training drill type possessions. Not real damaging and no penetration.
Nice goal though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back