The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I’d see a football timeline where a 3 time premiership player is booed by fans of that club, and his new fans respond cheering him after hating Smith for a decade.

Same with our best player being Cam Guthrie. Genuinely shocked he’s become so good.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Swapping our first pick last year for Geelong’s this year is looking tasty. Wouldn’t be surprised if they missed finals and we get their top ten pick.

Big fan of Jiath. Such a brilliant story.

Born in an Ethiopian refugee camp, his parents having relocated from South Sudan. They manage to migrate to Australia, Jiath gets a scholarship to Xavier College and is now playing in the AFL (and doing pretty damn well). Amazing stuff.
I know this is such a cliche but I love the way he takes the game on. So good to watch.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer

Born in an Ethiopian refugee camp, his parents having relocated from South Sudan. They manage to migrate to Australia, Jiath gets a scholarship to Xavier College and is now playing in the AFL (and doing pretty damn well). Amazing stuff.

Such a talent, and an amazing story to boot. Proud to have him represent the brown & gold.

s**t form from Hawks ‘fans’ booing a fantastic servant to the club. Said people I doubt knew about the club prior to Clarkson taking over; once a Hawk, always a Hawk.

This year is a development year - nothing more, nor less. Geelong supporters showing interest in W/L despite this is utterly embarrassing. 2008 was a long time ago.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Such a talent, and an amazing story to boot. Proud to have him represent the brown & gold.

sh*t form from Hawks ‘fans’ booing a fantastic servant to the club. Said people I doubt knew about the club prior to Clarkson taking over; once a Hawk, always a Hawk.

This year is a development year - nothing more, nor less. Geelong supporters showing interest in W/L despite this is utterly embarrassing. 2008 was a long time ago.

Huh?

Gladly only playing him once this season. Thought he’d be a handful when I watched last week. Sicily in starts to formulate a good defence barring the two talls who are nothing special.

Our backline especially half back flanker is a strength of the side - Sicily, Scrimshaw, Jiath, Impey and Hardwick. Not to mention Day who may develop into a mid

Hopefully Denver Garrainger Barrass comes on and takes one of those talls.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Our backline especially half back flanker is a strength of the side - Sicily, Scrimshaw, Jiath, Impey and Hardwick. Not to mention Day who may develop into a mid

Hopefully Denver Garrainger Barrass comes on and takes one of those talls.
Lol impey.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Gladly only playing him once this season. Thought he’d be a handful when I watched last week. Sicily in starts to formulate a good defence barring the two talls who are nothing special.

It’s very refreshing to see someone continue to play with their instincts even though he does make a few mistakes. He doesn’t go into his shell and still plays his natural game despite that, very exciting to watch. I sensed a real buzz around the ground when he was in the vicinity of the ball, reminded me of Buddy in his early days.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
It’s very refreshing to see someone continue to play with their instincts even though he does make a few mistakes. He doesn’t go into his shell and still plays his natural game despite that, very exciting to watch. I sensed a real buzz around the ground when he was in the vicinity of the ball, reminded me of Buddy in his early days.

He killed whoever he was playing on, think it was Higgins, no Geelong player was anywhere near him every time it went into our forward line.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Really s**t news.

Admired at how Witts had really turned his career around at Gold Coast to become one of the better ruckman in the league, and a leader to the young Suns.

Been a brutal round for serious injuries with Jade Gresham tearing his Achilles and out for the rest of the season (maybe longer too)

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Gold Coast been absolutely rinsed by injuries. I suppose it gives them an excuse to blood more youngsters.

Swapping our first pick last year for Geelong’s this year is looking tasty. Wouldn’t be surprised if they missed finals and we get their top ten pick.
No chance. 8 more games at home. North home and away. Top 8 will be met, just a matter of how high.

All 4 who made the prelims have looked sluggish at times in the first 3 rounds. Playing games later than ever in history has led to very short preseason’s. All clearly lacking conditioning.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
No chance. 8 more games at home. North home and away. Top 8 will be met, just a matter of how high.

All 4 who made the prelims have looked sluggish at times in the first 3 rounds. Playing games later than ever in history has led to very short preseason’s. All clearly lacking conditioning.
Still shaping up as a good trade for us. Our first pick last year was pushed down due to academy/FA compensation picks in what was considered a weaker draft and a bit of a lottery due to u18s having little exposed form. Next year is predicted to be a super draft like 18. Even if you scrape into the eight, it’s a pick ~10 for us.

Still shaping up as a good trade for us. Our first pick last year was pushed down due to academy/FA compensation picks in what was considered a weaker draft and a bit of a lottery due to u18s having little exposed form. Next year is predicted to be a super draft like 18. Even if you scrape into the eight, it’s a pick ~10 for us.
Best of luck. Still reckon you're getting something between 14-18, the guy we picked has already played so win win then.
The 2nd rounder thrown back by GWS I must say is looking nice :)

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Best of luck. Still reckon you're getting something between 14-18, the guy we picked has already played so win win then.
The 2nd rounder thrown back by GWS I must say is looking nice :)
Holmes will probably be a gun with the way you guys pluck em, but I am liking our chances of you guys sliding somewhat. I don’t think the new rules suit you guys (or us FWIW). We’ll see.

Holmes will probably be a gun with the way you guys pluck em, but I am liking our chances of you guys sliding somewhat. I don’t think the new rules suit you guys (or us FWIW). We’ll see.
No question. A rule that absolutely harms those who set up well behind the ball and blesses those who throw caution to the wind.
A comp so desperate to make itself high scoring they bring this in as well as paying all the soft frees against defenders. Shocking how little they can do these days.

Reckon neither club goes the distance, we'll just get the benefit of home games to get the wins needed, and we will lose on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back