Unofficial Preview Changes v The Dogs, round 4 in Ballarat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the opportunity of our first win and the endorphins available to remind everyone that there's still plenty of previews that we need posters for this year!

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We are looking at purchasing tickets for the bulldogs game and will check with the club tomorrow but if anyone knows this question will be greatly appreciated. Will be group of 4 of us who are all members and are happy to stand and also taking my elderly mum who has a walker. Does anyone know whether it won't be a problem for her to take her walker into Mars stadium? She will then use here walker as her seat during quarter breaks.

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seeing Noah in Melbourne now, I think it's a reasonable bet that he will either play or be our medical sub. If we don't play him this week or next, we won't have the option to for a further two weeks at any level which I think the club will be eager to avoid.

So my guess would be:

In: McInerney, J Berry, Gardiner
Out: Ballenden, T Berry, Payne

With Noah in for Jaxon as the medical sub.

If McStay happens to be ready, I'd expect him to come in for Fullarton too - but am thinking he is still probably a couple of weeks away.
I think T Berry will survive with Ah Chee to miss. His forward pressure and pace was excellent against the Pies.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think T Berry will survive with Ah Chee to miss. His forward pressure and pace was excellent against the Pies.

Yep, pleasantly surprised at T.Berry. If he can keep up the pressure, get between 10-15 disposals a game and average a goal a game then he is a lock imo. Fantastic closing speed that really rushes the defrenders. I wonder if he would be able to transition to the midfield later on

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pressure will be key this week to stifle the dogs short quick handball (throw) game.

Not sure if any team has come off a 100+ point win one week & lose the next, but I reckon our boys will go ok this week.

Will be curious if the 30 degree temps they played in on Friday will affect them or not.

If I had a spare million dollars I'd be putting on Josh Bruce not kicking ten goals this week ;)

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

If it came down to it, I'd have to go T Berry rather than Ah Chee.

Having said that, I think Ah Chee's efforts against the Pies are being undersold. He made a couple of crucial run down tackles and otherwise didn't do a helluva lot wrong.

There are role players who are instructed to sacrifice personal ambitions in the interests of the team.

Mcstay is another of these types of players. He often get criticised because he only gets X kicks and Y goals and Z tackles.

Fages and the match committee aren't complete fools.

If the low stat/ possession players are retained in the team, I for one are prepared to accept they have done what's been expected of them.

Fages has seemed pretty committed to Ah Chee as a best 22 player since we traded him in, including in periods last year where his form was significantly worse than what he's shown so far this season. So while it's possible, I'd be very surprised if Ah Chee was dropped any time soon.

Fages has seemed pretty committed to Ah Chee as a best 22 player since we traded him in, including in periods last year where his form was significantly worse than what he's shown so far this season. So while it's possible, I'd be very surprised if Ah Chee was dropped any time soon.

I think there's been chat about him being injured.

Agreed though, barring injury he'll play most weeks. Fagan seems very committed to him.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Significantly Worse ?? He was a good player for us all last year. Mostly a role player.

OK.

Lots of people hate Ah Chee. Not going to be happy till he's not in the side. I get it. I completely disagree. Every mistake he makes is highlighted ,all the good things he des ignored .

What did Answerth ever do that was so good . I realise he's just a kid and will be a good player but he coughed it up a lot more than Ah Chee ever has.

Significantly Worse ?? He was a good player for us all last year. Mostly a role player.

OK.

Lots of people hate Ah Chee. Not going to be happy till he's not in the side. I get it. I completely disagree. Every mistake he makes is highlighted ,all the good things he des ignored .

What did Answerth ever do that was so good . I realise he's just a kid and will be a good player but he coughed it up a lot more than Ah Chee ever has.

You've misunderstood me - I'm a big Ah Chee fan too. I think he's had a really solid start to the year.

My point was just that I think his first month or so of footy after the re-start last season was a bit shaky at times as he learned the new role, and that if Fages didn't drop him then, I can't see Fages dropping him now that he's playing well.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Likewise McStay.

He was mostly terrible last year.

Just my opinion.

Ah Chee is being played out of position , this year we see if McStay can really play with more freedom. He seems to have dropped a bit of weight.

I'm not arguing with the coaches because on the results of the team overall they've done exceptionally well. But they're not right all the time. Like every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back