30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Keep Jelly or trade him to Ridley?

I'm trade trigger happy so need another opinion.

I'd turn him into Ridley although it's probably more complicated a decision than that.

I don't have Ridley and am not looking to get him in immediately, chasing missed points.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Keep Jelly or trade him to Ridley?

I'm trade trigger happy so need another opinion.

I'll play devils advocate for Jelly. He didn't start well last year either with sub-premo scores of 101, 89, 95, 92 in his first 6 games but he still ended up with a 114.6 season average on the back of a 115+ average from the previous 3 year period. He's going to post some big scores again this year like he always does, whether it's in your sc team or not. You've copped his crap scores, you deserve his big scores. Ridley's hot start has been impressive but he's probably not going to average 115+ over 22 games. Unless Jelly gets injured again, I don't forsee a net gain in a sideways trade to Ridley in the long run.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I'll play devils advocate for Jelly. He didn't start well last year either with sub-premo scores of 101, 89, 95, 92 in his first 6 games but he still ended up with a 114.6 season average on the back of a 115+ average from the previous 3 year period. He's going to post some big scores again this year like he always does, whether it's in your sc team or not. You've copped his crap scores, you deserve his big scores. Ridley's hot start has been impressive but he's probably not going to average 115+ over 22 games. Unless Jelly gets injured again, I don't forsee a net gain in a sideways trade to Ridley in the long run.

Damn, why do you always have to make so much sense all the time for. 😄

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'd turn him into Ridley although it's probably more complicated a decision than that.

I don't have Ridley and am not looking to get him in immediately, chasing missed points.

Yeah it is chasing points, just wish I started with Ridley thats all.

I started with 4 def premos (Lloyd, Laird, Stewart and Short) but should have started at least 5. Haha.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
Excellent summary. I don't have Jelly and I certainly wouldn't trade him in, but it would be crazy to trade him out if you started with him. On top of all the good reasons you gave, you simply don't trade out a playing, uninjured super-premo after just 3 rounds.

Ridley is a good trade in, maybe a must have, but you upgrade to get him. You don't sideways/downgrade.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

I agree that Jelly should be held, he will 100% come good. Looked frustrated on the weekend, reckon he and Leon will have a yarn and Kelly will have 35 next week against my Pies.

Disagree on the Ridley comment though. I can envisage 22 games at 110-115 quite easily. His floor is also higher than Lloyd who did it last year, you literally cannot tag a guy his size. Plus Dons will get scores kicked on them every week so there's a minimum 10 free kicks from full back.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree that Jelly should be held, he will 100% come good. Looked frustrated on the weekend, reckon he and Leon will have a yarn and Kelly will have 35 next week against my Pies.

Disagree on the Ridley comment though. I can envisage 22 games at 110-115 quite easily
. His floor is also higher than Lloyd who did it last year, you literally cannot tag a guy his size. Plus Dons will get scores kicked on them every week so there's a minimum 10 free kicks from full back.

I said 115+ so you're not actually disagreeing with me. ;)

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm slowly realising who the SP mids are in Supercoach....I made a mistake starting Zerrett ahead of Oliver, classic move of just copying my AF and RDT sides.

So my current midfield is: Crae, Zerrett, Cripps, Taranto, Tyson, Campbell, Jordon, Gulden.....disgusting I know.

From my understanding, the big 3 are Crae, Oliver and Neale right?

How long can I go on with this shite midfield that I currently have? Should I look to downgrade a fraud like JDG so I can upgrade Tyson to Oliver ASAP?

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'm slowly realising who the SP mids are in Supercoach....I made a mistake starting Zerrett ahead of Oliver, classic move of just copying my AF and RDT sides.

So my current midfield is: Crae, Zerrett, Cripps, Taranto, Tyson, Campbell, Jordon, Gulden.....disgusting I know.

How long can I go on with this sh*te midfield that I currently have? Should I look to downgrade a fraud like JDG so I can upgrade Tyson to Oliver ASAP?

Yep I would do those 2 trades in a heartbeat.

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah it is chasing points, just wish I started with Ridley thats all.

I started with 4 def premos (Lloyd, Laird, Stewart and Short) but should have started at least 5. Haha.
I started with 5 premium defenders and now have 6, and I’m hoping to have 7 soon, it’s year of the seagull! Champion data have ****ed their scoring system, they need to make adjustments to the current algorithm...

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Spoilsport! We wanna see Judd_Magic burn those trades

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

How long can I go on with this sh*te midfield that I currently have? Should I look to downgrade a fraud like JDG so I can upgrade Tyson to Oliver ASAP?
Wait for Oliver to bottom out.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Wait for Oliver to bottom out.
might be an option, didn't realise he scored that poorly against gws. Next week he could be silenced again by MOC (hopefully).
Well I still need to get in a mid premo this week because I can't go on with that midfield for much longer, who is the next best mid I should get?

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
might be an option, didn't realise he scored that poorly against gws. Next week he could be silenced again by MOC (hopefully).
Well I still need to get in a mid premo this week because I can't go on with that midfield for much longer, who is the next best mid I should get?

Tom Mitchell if you can afford him

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Steele, Titch. Maybe swing Laird to the mid and get Ridley. Dunkley.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Mate, I'm ranked 7k with this midfield ...

7k.PNG

... and I'm pretty happy I strengthened other lines to start the year. The topline mid premos have all started slowly and we can look to start picking them up in a month's time on the cheap.

Have patience my friend ;)

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1094427

... and I'm pretty happy I strengthened other lines to start the year. The topline mid premos have all started slowly and we can look to start picking them up in a month's time on the cheap.

Oh God, your mids are almost as bad as mine,

1.gif

...now show me that sexay defence you splendid kenty :moustache: :thumbsu:

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 1094427

Would've thought this midfield Would've killed my season.

Screenshot_20210405-214117_Chrome.jpg

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Some cheap upgrade options on the horizon, if they don't smash out 140's in the meantime.

R7ish
Neale - ????
Petracca 540-560k - What's gone wrong this year?
Oliver 580-600k - :padlock:
Kelly 550-575k - Role poor, will surely change at some point.
Adams 480-500k- Lots of touches, awful efficiency. Sustainable? Injury history a worry but at that price might be worth a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back