Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundie Christians see the world through Jesus goggles.
Not a truer statement have you ever said on this thread.
That is the am, anyway. Difficult to activate, but it is the aim.

Most Christians don't even know what the Bible says. My sister, a fundamental Christian, put this on Facebook the other day.

Screenshot_20210405-213914_Samsung Internet.jpg

I asked her why she is deliberately going against the word of God. She asked me what I meant. I said that the Bible says that women should be silent in church yet she and other women regularly speak in church. She had no idea that the Bible says this. Christians pick and choose what they take from the Bible.

I don't pretend to be neutral. Pretense is your gig.
I am talking about theoretical neutrals. Not you.
And you have no knowledge allowing you to call anyone pretentious.
Just a throwaway line I'm guessing.

You did.
But my point sticks.
The bible paints a picture of the devil as being intelligent, logical, knowledgeable, and calculated. You'll learn some difficult lessons if you persist in playing that angle against atheists.

The bible paints a picture of the devil as being intelligent, logical, knowledgeable, and calculated. You'll learn some difficult lessons if you persist in playing that angle against atheists.
And then I think to myself-- what is the future of the devil? When it's all said and done, when Jesus returns, I'll be saying to any devil followers

I am talking about theoretical neutrals. Not you.
And you have no knowledge allowing you to call anyone pretentious.
Just a throwaway line I'm guessing.
I don't understand your point, so I'll just wish you a happy Easter.

All fun and games, mate. :)

Show a little sympathy for a change.

Brilliant song, and possibly my favourite Stones song, maybe second to Angie.
But as you say, asking for sympathy.
I'm getting in early.
Empathy and sympathy does not negate the need to come to terms with SIN and separation from God.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant song, and possibly my favourite Stones song, maybe second to Angie.
But as you say, asking for sympathy.
I'm getting in early.
Empathy and sympathy does not negate the need to come to terms with SIN and separation from God.
1. You can't offend a god that doesn't exist.
2. If separation exists between parent and child, responsibility lies with the parent to fix the damage.

If your parenting skills were anything like god's, do you think your children would have been better off? Be honest! (I understand that honesty is difficult for you, but please try)

Why not the whole interview? Are you that bigoted? He had his life transformed, his evidence based values challenged, his relationship with God healed.

It's not worth my time, he is an economist, not a theologian. Everytime i challenged you on the bible you say "what credentials you have"..yet an economist who agrees with you so he has the credentials apparently. I have read the Bible cover to cover, i have already ready history, archetypes, symbology and spirtituality. I am in a far better position to comment on the Bible than any brainwashed member of an organised cult. The guy is a *in lightweight.

He offers nothing but waffle based on personal beliefs. Guys like William Lane Craig are heavyweights and worth listening to, guys like him are the ones i encountered every Sunday when i used to be a part of a cult.

There's no way i am wasting 30 minutes of my life listening to a brainwashed economist and christian apologist. Please dont use the word evidence, i don't think you know what it means.

Last edited:
Just because we have better control of our language, vocabulary, and emotions, in general, compared to some of the angrier pieces of work here, does not make Christians arrogant.

What is it that makes you NOT arrogant? You and your types are full of s**t (beliefwise not as a person). You guys claim:

- Only christians are going to heaven
- you can only be saved by accepting your way
- It's never too late to accept Christ (so no other religion is relevant)
- 5.5 billion people are going to hell
- Christianity is the best religion on earth
- no other religion offers what Christiianity does

etc etc.

The very definition of arrogance but i would say its more full of s**t.

1. You can't offend a god that doesn't exist.
2. If separation exists between parent and child, responsibility lies with the parent to fix the damage.

3. If your parenting skills were anything like god's, do you think your children would have been better off? Be honest! (I understand that honesty is difficult for you, but please try)
1. God is offended by those who stray, and ridicule, and He exists.
2. At what stage? That's a very open-ended question. It is not always the parent who needs to say sorry. It can be up to the child to see the light.
3. Ridiculous. Again, trying to compare a mere man with God when it comes to anything, including parenting, is a farce. And I thought you said God does not exist??

What is it that makes you NOT arrogant? You and your types are full of sh*t (beliefwise not as a person). You guys claim:

- Only christians are going to heaven
- you can only be saved by accepting your way
- It's never too late to accept Christ (so no other religion is relevant)
- 5.5 billion people are going to hell
- Christianity is the best religion on earth
- no other religion offers what Christiianity does

etc etc.

The very definition of arrogance but i would say its more full of sh*t.
And, Power man, what if all your points above are actually true?
Is it arrogant to want all people in my sphere of influence to know that truth?
What loss is it to have faith?
Absolutely none.

And, Power man, what if all your points above are actually true?
Is it arrogant to want all people in my sphere of influence to know that truth?
What loss is it to have faith?
Absolutely none.

You missed the point as usual. We are talking about what's arrogant or not, saying 5.5 billion people in the world are wrong? you have the cheek to call others arrogant?

Considering all the things Christianity got wrong, you think it's right? why? We had this discussion before, apparently it's more important not to shave before mass than abolish slavery. It's more important for my wife to be virgin than accepting women as equal to men. It's more important to beat all the infants to death in Egypt cause the pharoah is corrupted. Why would you want to follow such a deity?

Most of the Christians i know of don't even believe in the above, remember what Pope said? belief in Christianity is not required to go to heaven, i am talking about your types, specially.

You still discount the fact that if God wanted him to follow his ways he could have done a better job than the Bible. He missed about 5.5 billion people, not a great hit rate and Constantine should be your real hero and not Jesus.

The original purpose of religion (religare as in to unite) is for human beings to get closer to something larger than ourselves. Each of us has our own perception of reality and how we can achieve this; all of these ideas are perfectly valid and make our world the diverse place it is. You guys have turned it into a popularity contest, precisely why i am against your variety or arrogance, you guys do great disserve to spirituality and specially Jesus.

What loss to have faith? we had this convo before, living your life in slavery and fear! be obidient to your master orelse...you lose your one and only life, based on a book clearly written by primitive men. You lose everything you have in life, your freedom, your conscience. Your own self..all this for a reward for somethng no one has ever seen or experienced.!

Amazing.

Last edited:
Two great SMH letters a couple of days ago in response to an Easter article.

“Simon Smart posits that it is only God who can bear the weight of the world and all its sorrows. According to his belief system, this is the same God who created the world and, being omnipotent, imposed upon the world all of its sorrows. It is within this God’s power, supposedly, not to inflict upon the world all of these sorrows. It beggars belief to any logical person.”

“Just so I understand a message that keeps eluding me – a human sacrifice allegedly took place a little over two thousand years ago in conditions of such brutality and injustice that, had I been present, I would have felt morally obligated to attempt to prevent. However, I must accept that I bear responsibility for the act and prostrate myself in an act of contrition. The event, though foreordained by an omnipotent and omniscient cloud-dwelling being, was necessary to atone for the sins of an earlier man, Adam, whose crimes (mostly curiosity and carnal desire, it would seem) I also had no part in. However, this is a good thing, because blood sacrifice enables me to pass off responsibility for my misdeeds and avoid any liability for restoration or personal improvement. Perhaps, after all, there are some Easter lessons for us. We need to grow up, accept responsibility for our own behaviour, strive to be better. Cast off the yoke of childish, iron age fantasies.”

You missed the point as usual. We are talking about what's arrogant or not, saying 5.5 billion people in the world are wrong? you have the cheek to call others arrogant?

Considering all the things Christianity got wrong, you think it's right? why? We had this discussion before, apparently it's more important not to shave before mass than abolish slavery. It's more important for my wife to be virgin than accepting women as equal to men. It's more important to beat all the infants to death in Egypt cause the pharoah is corrupted. Why would you want to follow such a deity?

Most of the Christians i know of don't even believe in the above, remember what Pope said? belief in Christianity is not required to go to heaven, i am talking about your types, specially.

You still discount the fact that if God wanted him to follow his ways he could have done a better job than the Bible. He missed about 5.5 billion people, not a great hit rate and Constantine should be your real hero and not Jesus.

The original purpose of religion (religare as in to unite) is for human beings to get closer to something larger than ourselves. Each of us has our own perception of reality and how we can achieve this; all of these ideas are perfectly valid and make our world the diverse place it is. You guys have turned it into a popularity contest, precisely why i am against your variety or arrogance, you guys do great disserve to spirituality and specially Jesus.

What loss to have faith? we had this convo before, living your life in slavery and fear! be obidient to your master orelse...you lose your one and only life, based on a book clearly written by primitive men. You lose everything you have in life, your freedom, your conscience. Your own self..all this for a reward for somethng no one has ever seen or experienced.!

Amazing.
You continually miss the whole point of a relationship with Jesus, and the liberation that brings about in believers, the peace of mind, seeing the world the way He did. It is NOT popular, and not alluring to those who don't have a yearning to know God. And there are impostors. But it is the way.
I don't know where or how or why you fell out, but what we do know it is you who walked away, not God. The offer is always there to return.

Amazing.
What is amazing is how you consistently credit posters (Christians- me) with words I haven't actually said.
When did I call anyone here arrogant?
In saying that we believe Jesus is THE WAY to God, that is what is taught in the Bible. Basic truth. That is not arrogance, just because we know it to be the truth.
I don't care how many times you have read the Good Book- it is clear it's a chore for you, and not edifying for you.
If you want the Bible to come alive for you, go back to Jesus.
The Holy Spirit allows the Bible to inspire you, and passages will hit you like never before.
Without the Spirit, you will be a nit-picker and bored as!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back