Prediction Shannon Hurn - Our All Australian Premiership Captain (and 300 Gamer)

Will Hurn become our first 300 game player?

• Total voters
You reckon we’ll get a special junper made up for his 300th?

Never considered it. Perhaps they would, could certainly flog it. Not sure what it would be though, other than maybe some initials on the back or similar.

I would rather the club do something like placards on every seat or similar, so it has a really good visual effect, but even that I’m not sure they’d be allowed to do due to Covid.

Never considered it. Perhaps they would, could certainly flog it. Not sure what it would be though, other than maybe some initials on the back or similar.

I would rather the club do something like placards on every seat or similar, so it has a really good visual effect, but even that I’m not sure they’d be allowed to do due to Covid.
A few clubs have done them, normally just a small nod to the player. eg. Norf did this for West Coast legend, Drew Petries 300th.

North-3dp-2016.gif

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
A few clubs have done them, normally just a small nod to the player. eg. Norf did this for West Coast legend, Drew Petries 300th.

View attachment 1094776
Freo did similar for Pav and Mundy from memory.

Mind you, they also did stuff for Fyfe's 150th. Nothing is too low for them.

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Just want to say last season especially his last 5 games of the year where very poor.
He didn't have any run or carry or running bounces and kicks.
This year he has been constantly running bouncing the footy and kicking.
He has been so effective

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
[QUOTE="HoneyBadger35, post: 69412421, member: ]
due to Covid.[/QUOTE]

Really?

COVID now being used as an excuse for lots of things.

Apart from the February blip earlier this year there has been no community transmission in WA for months.

I’m calling smokescreen.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just want to say last season especially his last 5 games of the year where very poor.
He didn't have any run or carry or running bounces and kicks.
This year he has been constantly running bouncing the footy and kicking.
He has been so effective

Our last 5 games were a slog with all the injuries hitting at once - chances are Hurn was forced to play a more conservative role and may have been feeling the pinch of the ‘fixture crunch’. Would make sense given his consistency over the last 280odd games.

Really?

COVID now being used as an excuse for lots of things.

Apart from the February blip earlier this year there has been no community transmission in WA for months.

I’m calling smokescreen.

You think the AFL have kept the covid protocols solely to stop Hurn getting a games record banner?

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Title needs fixing:
Shannon Hurn - Our All Australian Captain (and 300 Gamer)

Shannon Hurn - Our All Australian Premiership Captain (and 300 Gamer)

MeltMan

With The Power To MELT!
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1094776

Maybe i watch too much non football content, but walking around with a shirt that highlights my DP's does not seem like my idea of a good time. More Sasha Grey style

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just wanted to say I got it wrong and didn't think he'd get there.

Huge love for the bloke and proud to be his sponsor in this renaissance of a year which will see him reach and pass the 300 game mark, our games record holder and 2018 premiership captain.

Love ya Bunga.

Back