Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently other clubs are laughing we didn't take Richards, yet LOB has better output, now that's fun
give me a club that doesn't have draft regret, hasn't stuffed up a selection, has thought they could develop a player but couldn't, even dodged a bullet more through good luck than good management..............

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riiiight ... don’t think it matters which way you frame it ...but if you want to try that angle - the answer would be a resounding ‘not much’.

In your opinion

Example

Brandon Ellis was selected at pick 15, has won 2 flags, will have a better career than some selected in the top 10, while others will be considered better footballers, yet none of those top 10 have won a flag, as yet

Ellis's output at the GC is similar to those Tiger's years, yet I doubt anyone would consider him much more than a B grade player

What a player adds to a team, is more important than how good he is compared to his cohorts

In your opinion

Example

Brandon Ellis was selected at pick 15, has won 2 flags, will have a better career than some selected in the top 10, while others will be considered better footballers, yet none of those top 10 have won a flag, as yet

Ellis's output at the GC is similar to those Tiger's years, yet I doubt anyone would consider him much more than a B grade player

What a player adds to a team, is more important than how good he is compared to his cohorts

No doubt.. and most people are aware of the ‘role players’ in any premiership team ... but not sure what that has to do with LOB/Dow - the answer is still a resounding ‘not much’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back