Can someone explain the logic behind cats being favs against the Dees?

Remove this Banner Ad

AdamE89

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah I’m a Dess fan, but honestly it’s got nothing to do with that.

They were $1.20 against Adelaide.

Brisbane should have won in the final 25 seconds.

Hawthorn are not expected to do much this year

Additionally

6 day break

Higgins out

No danger

Is this easy money or am I missing something?

8D8BD8D2-ABEF-45E8-9745-F9E4005F1D13.png 2CBFBCC6-F117-4A61-A091-467953BDE4C2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
People are just apprehensive about the Demons, been plenty of false dawn's before.

The list of teams you've beaten so far (Freo in Melbourne, St Kilda and an injury hit GWS) isn't awe inspiring either.

Best thing is to beat them and show if you are the real deal or not

Last edited:

Additionally

6 day break

Higgins out

No danger

View attachment 1094939View attachment 1094934

Who cares mate lol.
We've been crap for 20 years
They've been excellent
We've been s**t at the G
s**t under pressure

Geelong were in a GF 4 games ago. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

Who cares mate lol.
We've been crap for 20 years
They've been excellent
We've been sh*t at the G
sh*t under pressure

Geelong were in a GF 4 games ago. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

WOW WOW WOW!

Settle down their fellow skier, I did ask if someone could explain the logic and if I was missing something?

Go easy lol

Imo it’s because the cats are good and the Dees are bad.
Pretty much this. Geelong are experienced and a strong team, should be in the conversation once September rolls around. Dees are going well and should make finals, but are a solid rung below the cats. Gonna go take shelter now before the North insults come.

Additionally

6 day break

Higgins out

No danger

View attachment 1094939View attachment 1094934
Take out a loan against the house and remember to gamble responsibly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW WOW WOW!

Settle down their fellow skier, I did ask if someone could explain the logic and if I was missing something?

Go easy lol
If you had to put all your money on a team and they were both $1.90 where are you putting it? Cause I ain't dumping it on us

Simplest explanation, would be Scott's presser earlier this week re: injuries and who we have returning -

OUT: Evans (2 game small forward), S. Higgins (has not started the season well, or adjusted to his new role yet so no great loss), Constable (sub)

IN: J. Cameron (2019 Coleman Medalist), Menegola (2020 AA Squad member - most considered unlucky not to make final squad)

Fair turnover in talent in just one game

Go put your house on the Dees if you’re so confident then. Should be great news to get such good value right?

Odds have to do with where the money is going. As it happens more money is going to Cats to win. Don’t agree? Put money on Dees and the odds will go the other way.

Who cares? if you’re confident in a win then be thankful for the odds and make some money.

Yeah nah I do agree with that point. I’m just trying suss out why the bookies think the way they have in this situation.

I guess last seasons results and consistency over time would be the main factor.

Haha Dee’s fans will you never learn…?

Shithouse troll comment :thumbsdown: If you knew anything about MFC fans then you'd know we are naturally apprehensive (if not downright pessimistic) about our chances in ANY match against a team with high pedigree/strong winning culture (and even those without but who have had the wood on us in recent past), regardless of both team's form going into the match. Literally one Demon's fan has taken umbrage at the fact we aren't favourites against last years Grand Finalists. The rest of us, whilst obviously happy with 3-0, know that we haven't proven s**t yet.

Go put your house on the Dees if you’re so confident then. Should be great news to get such good value right?

Odds have to do with where the money is going. As it happens more money is going to Cats to win. Don’t agree? Put money on Dees and the odds will go the other way.

Yeah dw I’m aware of how it works but while yeah I Google it, that’s no fun in a forum so tell me what this would mean...

It’s 2010 and Cats are $1.21 Melb are $3.90 down at Skilled Stadium.

Cats are 4th 9-6 win loss and Dees 7th
8-7 win loss and similar % but cats have won the last 10 against Melb.

1 day before the game and Dees have come into came into $3.05, and cats drifted to $1.38

Well melb is still the underdog, but have come in or shortened in price by a lot. That means more money on Melb but still the outsider.

Is this more or less a result of how good a value the opening odds of $3.90 was compared to Geelong’d odds of $1.21 (focusing only on the head-to-head market and pretending that line betting etc did not exist)

I think it's that Geelong has an amazing record on Melbourne in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back