Moved Thread Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh

Who's better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You should look at disposal efficiency stats in 2021. Walsh has him covered. Despite Walsh collecting more of his disposals in the contest. Bigger quicker stronger is interesting. Considering we’re talking about smith not playing inside mid and on the wing. More aggression is also a question. I’d say having long hair and a moustache has you fooled on how tough your lad truly is. Walsh is a ******* monster.
He plays wing because that’s where we need his output. He could quite easily be Carltons number 1 inside midfielder too, pretty simple stuff

He plays wing because that’s where we need his output. He could quite easily be Carltons number 1 inside midfielder too, pretty simple stuff

I think Smith is being played in his best/most natural position at the Dogs. He definitley has the body and tank to play inside, but he is more damaging to opponents feeding and running off The Dogs on talented group of mids (esp inside ones)

It's a luxury I wish we had at Carlton (that type of midfield depth, esp with rotations)

I think Smith is being played in his best/most natural position at the Dogs. He definitley has the body and tank to play inside, but he is more damaging to opponents feeding and running off The Dogs on talented group of mids (esp inside ones)

It's a luxury I wish we had at Carlton (that type of midfield depth, esp with rotations)
I don’t think it’s his most natural position, he’s always been an inside burst midfielder his whole life, I and many other dogs actually had concerns as to whether he could play wing as it’s a lot different than just following the contest but he’s done it well so far.

No doubt in my mind he would be playing better individual footy being a part of the main on ball brigade but like you said it’s a luxury for us that we don’t really need him inside at this point and are better off with him (and Treloar) roaming the wings.

Walsh literally is your midfield. Smith plays a role in ours. Big big difference. Smiths bigger, quicker, stronger, better disposal, kicks more goals, more aggression. I don’t think there’s many parts of the game Walsh has him covered in to be completely honest

Consistency would be the biggest one imo. Hasn't happened this year but Smith has had some invisible games in the past. Walsh is much more reliable week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consistency would be the biggest one imo. Hasn't happened this year but Smith has had some invisible games in the past. Walsh is much more reliable week in week out.
Strange call, since when has Baz been invisible? Honestly can’t remember one game he’s been invisible in. He’s been extremely consistent. 5 games under 20 touches last year, including the game he played about 10 minutes of. Walsh had 6. I think consistency has been a massive selling point of both blokes.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. The worst thread on BigFooty.

It’s like picking between banging Margot Robbie or Miranda Kerr.

you may have a personal preference but either way you are over the moon with what you get

Can you please confirm which one is which before I agree with you?

Walsh literally is your midfield. Smith plays a role in ours. Big big difference. Smiths bigger, quicker, stronger, better disposal, kicks more goals, more aggression. I don’t think there’s many parts of the game Walsh has him covered in to be completely honest

Well we do have Cripps who happens to be a midfielder.

But if Walsh has to carry more load doesn’t that make his role harder than Smith’a by the logic you are using?

For the record, both are fantastic, I was keen on Smith in his draft year too.

Back