Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To change the subject slightly:

Men's team on a 5 match winning streak (I thought it was ages since that happened but turns out we had a 6 game winning run in 2018)
Women's team on a 4 match winning streak

These are things one does not normally associate with red and blue.

Any idea when the league will begin creating weekly schedules beyond week 6? Would be nice to see us get a few Thursday/Friday as we continue getting results.

Any idea when the league will begin creating weekly schedules beyond week 6? Would be nice to see us get a few Thursday/Friday as we continue getting results.
Would have happened already but a covid scare in Brisbane delayed it.

Is/was the plan to release in 6 week increments?

I think so but the AFL are holding their cards close to their chest. Willing to relocate teams in other states and change the fixture where necessary. If there's a really bad covid outbreak they will probably rewrite the whole fixture. That being said, it's unlikely to happen. The contact tracing has gotten really good now and snap lockdowns have proven effective. Since the end of the Victorian lockdown the outbreaks have never infected more than a couple dozen people and are over within a couple of weeks.

I predict the next part of the fixture will be released this week.

Last edited:
I think so? After last year I think the league liked the idea of being able to dole out primtetime slots to who they wanted and have a bit more flexibility over the schedule.
Ridiculous they don't do this all the time. So what it *s some people who want to plan 3 months ahead, what about how much better it makes it for everyone else ?

Ridiculous they don't do this all the time. So what it fu**s some people who want to plan 3 months ahead, what about how much better it makes it for everyone else ?
Yeah, and provided they stay on the same weekend it's pretty easy to plan around (bar a game getting scheduled for 6pm on a Sunday).

I think it’s good for us in some ways. More likely to get a game or two on a Friday night, especially with Kozzie.

That said some are predictable eg ANZAC Eve, QB.

I'm all for the way they are doing the fixture. Being in Tassie it makes no difference to me if they change days or times of matches. It's also nice to see teams in form rewarded for playing well get the good timeslots. More chances of us getting some free to air games, which is good as I refuse to pay $25 a month for Kayo just to watch a few games of footy.

I'm all for the way they are doing the fixture. Being in Tassie it makes no difference to me if they change days or times of matches. It's also nice to see teams in form rewarded for playing well get the good timeslots. More chances of us getting some free to air games, which is good as I refuse to pay $25 a month for Kayo just to watch a few games of footy.
Any chance you are a telstra customer who had access to telstra live pass? They get kayo for $5 a month to compensate for live pass's end. I have foxtel so I don't need kayo but $25 is pretty good anyways, especially considering the masters are on this week, footy seasons in full swing and the NBA up and running. Free to air is yucky, foxtel really should reduce prices.

Any chance you are a telstra customer who had access to telstra live pass? They get kayo for $5 a month to compensate for live pass's end. I have foxtel so I don't need kayo but $25 is pretty good anyways, especially considering the masters are on this week, footy seasons in full swing and the NBA up and running. Free to air is yucky, foxtel really should reduce prices.
No I'm a tightarse, I have a cheap Amaysim plan that works for me. I don't have a lot of time or desire to watch other sports, so I really would just be paying $25 a month to watch MFC and maybe a few other random games of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm a tightarse, I have a cheap Amaysim plan that works for me. I don't have a lot of time or desire to watch other sports, so I really would just be paying $25 a month to watch MFC and maybe a few other random games of footy.
Fair, definitely not worth then. I watch a lot of American sports and the cricket in the summer so it's pretty good value for me.

I saw it on the supercoach board, I don't read that shitty propaganda, makes me sick
I read it when it’s free in cafes - read is basically look at the pictures, read terrible footy articles and read the dreadful BOGs for each team for the weekends, which are clearly made up by morons or possibly champion data

Not sure where to put this... and apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else and I've missed it. I thought there was a thread for ex-Dees players somewhere, but only can only the "recent delistings" one, which seems primarily to feature where ex-Dees players are still playing football.

In my memory Rod Owen had played more than one season with us, but anyway:

Sad story of a great talent that was only seen in very brief flashes due to all of his understandable problems. Hope he has found some peace now and goes from strength to strength.

It's really weird how good Melbourne comes off in that story in comparison to St Kilda, because: a) We've had our own player problems from that era, though mostly gambling related? and, b) We really didn't perform much better than the Saints.
That was harrowing...

Amazing recovery. Most who get that low for that long don't pull out of it

That was harrowing...

Amazing recovery. Most who get that low for that long don't pull out of it
He’s still got an uphill road ahead. Especially since he has to eschew painkillers and is battling chronic pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back