Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looking forward to his development. I expect them to keep him in all year and have him pick up steam.

I don't see any problems with his potential in the midfield due to height. Ablett was a shorty, and he made that s**t work to the ultra-elite level.

Its about his work ethic and how much he decides to dedicate to becoming the best footballer he can be -and from that respect I think the sky is the limit.

He’ll be so much better for the run. Dusting off the cobwebs and getting the first game nerves out of the way.

I liked what I saw and his speed looked good at times.

F off the talk of Logan, BBB, Hollandssss etc. This is the Will Phillips (future HoFer) thread.

Hard to impress on debut in a 100+ point flogging. Should be given another shot next week.

Anyone else think that his official height (180cm) is way off? Looked way shorter to me.

Send him to run with Rory Laird next week.

Tell him that's the standard of endurance he needs to be at as soon as possible

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
He’ll be so much better for the run. Dusting off the cobwebs and getting the first game nerves out of the way.

I liked what I saw and his speed looked good at times.

F off the talk of Logan, BBB, Hollandssss etc. This is the Will Phillips (future HoFer) thread.

Yep agree, liked what i saw. One concern though when the ball was kicked from wing to half forward line into space, i think was 3rd quarter? he looked very slow chasing after the ball and he was in front at the time but got over run. Not sure how his speed overall tested in the draft?

Back