Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.
You’re right, Cerra is clearly the better prospect based upon one game.

I accept your position and sarcasm but given the vastly different exposure it's not out of the question that Cerra has played more good games than Jackson has played poor ones.

Jackson only wanting to sign a single year extension is still interesting. He could have been offered a $300k deal but thinks he will be worth more in year four than that and plans to earn an even bigger extension if/when he is #1. Especially with Preuss moved on.

I accept your position and sarcasm but given the vastly different exposure it's not out of the question that Cerra has played more good games than Jackson has played poor ones.

Jackson only wanting to sign a single year extension is still interesting. He could have been offered a $300k deal but thinks he will be worth more in year four than that and plans to earn an even bigger extension if/when he is #1. Especially with Preuss moved on.
Jackson was hardly poor on Saturday, taking two or three contested marks inside 50 in a quarter is a decent day out for a seven game key forward/ruck. Needs to work on his goal kicking. At any rate this thread isn’t about Jackson lol, has already got too much attention.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Jackson was hardly poor on Saturday, taking two or three contested marks inside 50 in a quarter is a decent day out for a seven game key forward/ruck. Needs to work on his goal kicking. At any rate this thread isn’t about Jackson lol, has already got too much attention.
and Jackson is a WA boy.... Just Saying.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Richmond have been into Cerra the last 12mths...
Impossible to see how Richmond would have the required picks or the cap space for Cerra without sending a decent player the other way like Bolton?
Freo would have at least $700k on the table for Cez (possibly even more now that Hogan is gone) and it’s hard to see how the tigers could pay him that kind of $$ without (a) going over the cap and (b) perhaps more importantly - pissing off every other player in that early 20s bracket at punt road who would have achieved a lot more success than Cerra but probably be paid $200k odd less than him.
I’m thinking the like of Balta, Bolton, Short (who came off the rookie list I believe and so will understandably be hungry to cash in on his new found status as a B&F winner) even Jack graham, if he keeps getting 30+ touches a week will be thinking why the f&$k should I be paid so much less than Adam Cerra.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought the same of Petracca - who like LDU struggled with injuries early in his career. I will be surprised if there is daylight between Cerra, Rozee, Walsh and LDU. Rowell and Smith do look amazing however.

There's not even daylight between LDU and Cerra now. Both will be excellent players and I hope North chase Cerra.

They currently have 0.1 effective disposals difference between them at this stage of their career. LDU 31 games and Cerra 59.

Probably showing my bias here but if he continues the rest of the year with how he's started, or, gets even better which is possible given the interrupted pre-season he had leading into last week, I'd argue him and Bolton are the most valuable players 'available' this year behind Merrett.

Bont will re-sign and Cripps will likely re-sign but unless he turns his form around, is on the wrong side of 25 and his value is going down every game.

Merrett is the number 1 player available because if he agree's to join your club you likely wont need to part with draft picks. You'll likely need draft picks to get Kelly.

Cerra and Bolton are 21/22 with 60 + games under their belt, already very good footballers and have 10+ years of very good to elite football in them. While other players are better, their age makes them the most valuable players IMO.

BigAlpha3

Senior List
Aug 16, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bucks, Crystal Palace
Probably showing my bias here but if he continues the rest of the year with how he's started, or, gets even better which is possible given the interrupted pre-season he had leading into last week, I'd argue him and Bolton are the most valuable players 'available' this year behind Merrett.

Bont will re-sign and Cripps will likely re-sign but unless he turns his form around, is on the wrong side of 25 and his value is going down every game.

Merrett is the number 1 player available because if he agree's to join your club you likely wont need to part with draft picks. You'll likely need draft picks to get Kelly.

Cerra and Bolton are 21/22 with 60 + games under their belt, already very good footballers and have 10+ years of very good to elite football in them. While other players are better, their age makes them the most valuable players IMO.

Absolutely. Still probably a tad underrated in my opinion. The dude is 21 Years Old.. mind you has played 60 games so is pretty experienced for a 21 year old.

He is averaging currently

26 Disposals
7 Inside 50s
3.5 Centre Clearances
19 Effective Disposals
519.5 Metres Gained
7 Marks
7 Score Involvements
3 Tackles

In only 73.8% game time- If he starts hitting the scoreboard he is easily an elite midfielder and any team would love to have this guy for the next 10-15 years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just very vanilla - lacks that mongrel that I like in gun players and doesn’t have an elite point of difference

As much as it hurts to say, i do kind of agree.

He is a very well rounded player, does everything very well but he doesn't have that one thing that absolutely distinguishes him as a star.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really haven't paid much attention to Cerra this year to be honest. Does he have the ability to go forward and kick goals like a Petracca, Heeney or Martin? Or is he pigeon-holed just as a midfielder?

Back