Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He'll be right. A 19-year-old country kid living in a big city on a fair salary, would be surprised if he didn't muck around. He'll pull his head in.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He'll be right. A 19-year-old country kid living in a big city on a fair salary, would be surprised if he didn't muck around. He'll pull his head in.
I don’t honestly care if he mucks about. I certainly did. I was simply commenting on the way I see things. He won’t stay out of the social media spotlight in her company. It’s just a reality. I personally couldn’t care less and am not concerned by it.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I don’t honestly care if he mucks about. I certainly did. I was simply commenting on the way I see things. He won’t stay out of the social media spotlight in her company. It’s just a reality. I personally couldn’t care less and am not concerned by it.
Yet it’s a “sad reality”? 👀

Good edit btw. Contradicting yourself a bit aren’t you?

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yet it’s a “sad reality”? 👀

Good edit btw. Contradicting yourself a bit aren’t you?
Fair enough. A bit loose on the language and I corrected it. but I’m not a boomer and while I’m not big on social media I understand it’s big with the youngsters. Your response was belittling and unoriginal. Anyway time to move on.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fair enough. A bit loose on the language and I corrected it. but I’m not a boomer and while I’m not big on social media I understand it’s big with the youngsters. Your response was belittling and unoriginal. Anyway time to move on.
Oh okay, well now that I know you've decided that living the life he does isn't a sad reality, I will retract my comment that you're a Boomer.

Many footballers avoid social media. I think the advice from clubs is to use it wisely and minimally. It can be fun, and informative, but as we saw with Billy Gowers, who posted an innocent and appreciative message when he departed the club, trolls are lurking to tear them down when possible.

Many footballers avoid social media. I think the advice from clubs is to use it wisely and minimally. It can be fun, and informative, but as we saw with Billy Gowers, who posted an innocent and appreciative message when he departed the club, trolls are lurking to tear them down when possible.
Lin said he had bad experience with it in his recent article

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Nothing like it at all actually but carry on.
Nah, it's never the same when the shoe is on the other foot. It's all well and good to judge youth and the way they go about their lives but as soon as that same youth fires back and has something to say then it's unwarranted and insulting.

Nah, it's never the same when the shoe is on the other foot. It's all well and good to judge youth and the way they go about their lives but as soon as that same youth fires back and has something to say then it's unwarranted and insulting.

Not at all. No one is attacking “young people”. Calm down.

Social media is the issue and it has positives and negatives. Is that such an outlandish statement?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Not at all. No one is attacking “young people”. Calm down.

Social media is the issue and it has positives and negatives. Is that such an outlandish statement?

If that is what was said then it would be fine, but it isn't. What was said was this.

unfortunately he appears to be dating someone who strives to stay in the spotlight through personal choices. He’s in her social media world so it’s unlikely he will lead a low profile as his image literally feeds her social media relevance...sad reality!!!!

Anyway. Move on.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The whole "boomer" vs "millenial" thing is so cringeworthy. Generations should be based on key events in my opinion anyway, in 100 years time we'll all be grouped together as those who were lucky enough to see JUH's 10000th goal

Yeah its a pretty sh*t discussion tbh. I deleted my comment after posting because I realised there was no good reason to drag this out.

I'd drag this out, but I have to post on MySpace this afternoon so I don't have the time.

Mia and Brendan Fevola celebrated their 21st and 40th birthdays together
Mia and Brendan Fevola were both overcome with emotion while celebrating their milestone birthdays at a lavish joint party.

Jackie Epstein

It was a night to remember at Mia and Brendan Fevola’s joint milestone birthday celebration on Saturday night.

Mia, marking her 21st, and Brendan, his 40th, partied with their family and friends at The Albion in South Melbourne.
During speeches, both Mia and Brendan became emotional as they stood beside their partners — Brendan with wife Alex, and Mia with boyfriend Western Bulldogs No.1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Mia Fevola, with Alex and Brendan Fevola.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Mia Fevola, with Alex and Brendan Fevola.
Mia and Brendan Fevola during speeches at their party.

Mia and Brendan Fevola during speeches at their party.
Mia Fevola admires her Klovia Couture creation.

Mia Fevola admires her Klovia Couture creation.

The heartfelt gathering had been postponed from February due to Victoria’s snap lockdown.

Mia looked stunning in a Klovia Couture beaded outfit which she changed up later in the night.

Fevola, a former AFL star turned FOX FM breakfast radio host, was joined by guests including Fifi Box, Byron Cooke, Dave Hughes, Shane Warne, Dylan Alcott, Anthony Callea and Tim Campbell.

Dave Hughes with Tim Campbell, Anthony Callea and Brendan Fevola. Picture: Instagram

Dave Hughes with Tim Campbell, Anthony Callea and Brendan Fevola. Picture: Instagram
Fifi Box, Brendan Fevola and Byron Cooke. Picture: Instagram

Fifi Box, Brendan Fevola and Byron Cooke. Picture: Instagram
Mia Fevola with her parents, Brendan and Alex Fevola.

Mia Fevola with her parents, Brendan and Alex Fevola.
In January on his birthday, Brendan was left speechless after his family surprised him with a new Mercedes-Benz SUV.
In a video shared on his Instagram, the broadcaster opened his gifts, including a Dyson vacuum cleaner and a PlayStation 5, which he said was the “best present ever”, before being blown away by the car.
For her birthday in January, Mia was brought to tears after receiving a diamond ring gift from her parents.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Mia Fevola cosy up at her birthday party.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Mia Fevola cosy up at her birthday party.
Mia Fevola’s couture dress.

Mia Fevola’s couture dress.
The birthday girl later changed to a more revealing outfit.

The birthday girl later changed to a more revealing outfit.

A make-up artist who has founded her own fashion brand Mallt Collective, Mia has almost 150,000 followers on Instagram. She has been dating Ugle-Hagan for the past nine months.

Alex, who founded Runway Room, said she was “truly blessed” with her first born of four daughters, while Brendan said he was “so proud”.

Parents’ gift brings Mia Fevola to tears on 21st birthday

“You’ve made me proud every day since. A beautiful baby, a delightful child and now a smart and beautiful young lady,’’ Alex wrote.

“I couldn’t ask for a better daughter, I was truly blessed with you. We all love you so much and are very proud of you. Enjoy this special day Moo.”

Back