List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross has had games but has never put a couple of good games in a row to demand selection. At this stage yes he's still behind others. Including Graham.
Ross's first handful of games where outstanding, and only went out of the side due to injury...
Has never got a real crack at it since then.

Ross's first handful of games where outstanding, and only went out of the side due to injury...
Has never got a real crack at it since then.
Yeah, and they seemingly tried to reinvent him after that. Based on previous form in the ones he should have been playing in place of Pickett in the 2019 GF, for mine, given he was back from his ankle injury by then I'm pretty sure. Obviously glad with how things turned out though, especially the moment Pickett kicked that goal!

Last year he had a few average games but again, that was after they tried to change him to a half back for some stupid reason. Had some good games too, and his brief period in round 1 this year, plus his game at the weekend in the VFL, should have him back in this week and in for at least a month.

Podcast from last night

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would love him but GWS would take us to the cleaners big time
We have done a mountain of work to score the massive draft hand we have and the more I read about this seasons draft the more I feel we should just take the picks to the draft

Would love him but GWS would take us to the cleaners big time
We have done a mountain of work to score the massive draft hand we have and the more I read about this seasons draft the more I feel we should just take the picks to the draft
I'd bide our time with Green.
We're still got to find out if Ross/RcD/Dow have what it takes too takeover from Cotch/Lambo etc.
Keep all our picks unless we can upgrade.
Then in 2022 when Green is out of contract and is performing at afl level(Stand rule) then go for him if need be and Give up a 1st rnd or someone.

We're still got to find out if Ross/RcD/Dow have what it takes too takeover from Cotch/Lambo etc.
Then in 2022 when Green is out of contract and is performing at afl level(Stand rule) then go for him if need be and Give up a 1st rnd or someone.
Agree, the thing about Green as well is that he seems a little fickle
He signed a contract extension just last year but now he wants out because he was dropped for 1 game

If he really did want to come to us he could of elected not to sign on last year and we could of made a trade for him

Agree, the thing about Green as well is that he seems a little fickle
He signed a contract extension just last year but now he wants out because he was dropped for 1 game

If he really did want to come to us he could of elected not to sign on last year and we could of made a trade for him
Is that the case?
He wants out?

If we are making a play for him one could only assume that he wants to leave them as well
Think thats always been the case with us keeping an eye on him with his connection to the club.

I’d rather keep our draft hand unless it’s a young gun KPP willing to come. I think we are more in need of Jack apprentice then another mid, especially with Ross, RCD, Dow & Martyn still waiting in the wings. Also a KPB to partner Balta for the next decade would be handy 😁

I’d rather keep our draft hand unless it’s a young gun KPP willing to come. I think we are more in need of Jack apprentice then another mid, especially with Ross, RCD, Dow & Martyn still waiting in the wings. Also a KPB to partner Balta for the next decade would be handy 😁
Agreed. I really hope we're one of the teams looking at trading for Oscar Allen. Looks like a gun in the making, only issue is we've never seen him play against the best defenders, he normally gets oppo 2nd/3rd defenders.

One eye on McAsey I'm sure.

Allen would cost an arm and a leg. Eagles have him pencilled in as Kennedy's replacement from next year. Brander becomes the third tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One eye on McAsey I'm sure.

Allen would cost an arm and a leg. Eagles have him pencilled in as Kennedy's replacement from next year. Brander becomes the third tall forward.
My god could you just imagine McAsey & Garth in the backline

Certainly not the best looking couple

Still believe when it comes to KP's we should FA.
Let other clubs to the hard work.
There are exceptions of course.

Ross has to get a crack this week. Otherwise he will walk you would think.

Thats a little over the top isn't it? He is going to walk because in round 4 he didn't get a call up?

tbh Ross only has himself to blame for not getting a game. Has not really impressed me yet, looked awful across HB when they tried to find him a spot due to our midfield being stacked. Disposal is still ordinary. He might well come good, but atm he hasn't done much to impress me beyond his earliest games. Even in round 1 when he came on as a sub - his first kick was a very ordinary unforced T.O from memory. He really needs to perform before he thinks he deserves a spot.

Last edited:
Just on Tom Green:

Contracted at GWS for two more years after this one ... but we can't keep the number 37 vacant forever ;)

Agreed. I really hope we're one of the teams looking at trading for Oscar Allen. Looks like a gun in the making, only issue is we've never seen him play against the best defenders, he normally gets oppo 2nd/3rd defenders.
No chance he leaves imo
Loves the eagles, and seems a very loyal player and has Kennedy’s position once he retires

Still believe when it comes to KP's we should FA.
Let other clubs to the hard work.
There are exceptions of course.
Yeah key positions seem to be extremely hit and miss at the draft for every King, you have a Schache where high end mids especially those gun top 5 picks generally always pan out

This here is the way ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back