AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as we don’t turn him into a ruck, I’m fine with anything else. He could be a 200cm inside mid for all I care, just no ruck work beyond maybe the occasional boundary throw in if no one else is there to take it.

The top 6 of the 2021 draft must be pretty special.

I think it was largely a case of no one really knowing what they had with Cox. Versatility can sometimes be a curse.

We had about 10 vacancies in a medium term best 22 so it was one of those very rare best available selections on raw ability alone. He'd likely be playing 2 other roles at 2 other clubs depending on what they needed.

My examples don't really work because they're ruckman but it reminds me a bit of the Grundy and English draft stories. They fell to the point someone needed them whereas mids or forwards who are that good get snapped up.

Last edited:
Building beautifully, seems to be getting visibly better and more involved with each game. Has great physicality for a young kid too.

Wasn't sure what to make of him when he was drafted, but whatever he's going to become, it looks exciting. For a guy that height, with that level of endurance, his lateral movement is outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean still? He's played 3 games and had what... 3 set shots?
I mentioned it after we drafted him on here, based on footage from his junior years.
He's a beautiful field kick as he gets really low to drop it on either foot. When he takes a set shot it's really high up like Gumbleton did.

Already so respected so can we talk about his haircut?

I don’t want to criticize it - I’d prefer to talk where to from here.

I think he can run with the shaved sides but just a bit of blending would be really worth considering. It seems to have some real body. He could consider a mohawk maybe?
Think he should grow a Chris Scott slick back. And a moustache

I think he can run with the shaved sides but just a bit of blending would be really worth considering. It seems to have some real body. He could consider a mohawk maybe?

a76d0b26acbb30ecd6addbdf656f250a.jpg

To be henceforth known simply as 'utensil' 1617844233654.png

Last edited:
Think he should grow a Chris Scott slick back. And a moustache
Would indeed look awesome but I reckon Coxy has too much curl for the Chris Scott look.

If ever there was a guy who is ageing well, it's Chris.

Feel like brother Brad is too tightly wound and sullen to go with something so chill yet distinguished.

Has some unique attributes.
200cm tall, quick, good in the air and ground level, kicks 50m both feet, can play multiple positions.
I've never seen anything like that package before. Maybe kouta?

The only knock atm is he's losing the one on ones.
A couple of years in the gym might rectify that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back