Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a pretty big deal, considering that Yarrawonga now have no chance of playing finals with wheeler out for the year, I'd imagine it would also be multi-yeardeal for house and land .
Would Yarra look at loaning them out for a year, to a club knowing they have to cleared back next year

I think the deal that both Leigh Masters and Willie Wheeler both received was exceptional. Would be difficult to leave when it included a block of land and help building a house.

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Whatched the game again 2 weeks ago and am convinced Ash Holland’s dominance was crucial to Shepp winning that flag No difference to big Reevsys dominance in 2 of Kys recent flags, history shows a dominant ruckman on Deakin is a huge advantage

Many people agree wholeheartedly with this thought Swoopin’. Ruckman have won 4 BOGs in the last 5 grand finals there??? A good, strong, big ruckman or equivalent size player crucial on GF day at Deakin. You could even go back to the Grand Final when Mensch played for Mansfield against Ky. I believe he played CHF with the breeze and CHB against. Dominated the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats
Many people agree wholeheartedly with this thought Swoopin’. Ruckman have won 4 BOGs in the last 5 grand finals there??? A good, strong, big ruckman or equivalent size player crucial on GF day at Deakin. You could even go back to the Grand Final when Mensch played for Mansfield against Ky. I believe he played CHF with the breeze and CHB against. Dominated the game.

Basically 2018 was decided by a feather touch by the ball to goal post very late in the game which cost ky the chance for 4 maybe 5 in a row
I'm confide we can win it this year
Also shepp played bloody well in 2018 and deserved their win
IMO

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
And hotton

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

And let’s not forget the great Shane Schottners dominance for Seymour on Deakin

Blues1977

All Australian
Mar 15, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting that everyone was writing off Seymour today. As I have stated they will be very competitive. Well coached and have an excellent group of players. Whilst they probably won’t be premiership material they will do ok in 2021.

Mansfield are in the same boat, written off but will not be the strugglers everyone thinks they will be.

Good starts to the year by both clubs.

Seymour had 2 VFL players out and one walk up starter missing from their side for the Echuca clash. But as stated, Echuca's outs well and truly out weigh Seymours. But nonetheless a great game for the lions. Still see them being highly dependant on their VFL boys which is danger signs for me as availability could prove inconsistent results for mine. I see them being competitive when they are full strength but dropping off significantly when players are chosen at VFL level.

Echuca on the other hand were well and truly no where near their potential and will only grow going forward. It's only round 1...... things will change... a lot!!!!

Im keeping a keen eye on the eagles.....

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's the key to beating ky silver? Fast and unpredictable, what's the old saying insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. Hopefully teams start to realise if you do the same thing and same tactics against Ky that you have for the past 3 years, you'll get the same result. Too many coaches just try play the same way, nice to see Rochy daring to be different
I think 'Hilly and ringo are all over it!

I'm not a coach but I think speed on the ball, spread and carry is the key. You need to make Smith accountable as leaving him loose to intercept mark across half back means you lose. You need to at least break even in the ruck against Kyabram or you lose. You need several forward threats with at least one a realistic aerial threat capable of kicking multiple goals, or you lose.

Sounds easy hey ....

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another point about the Rochy v Kyabram clash Saturday was that Rochy had five young father/son's playing in Grant Fuller (debut), Gus Martin (not sure if it was his debut), and Adam Mcphee, Bailey Wileman and Blake Evans with a handful between them. The Tigers have a young 6'6 ruckman waiting in the wings with a foot injury. Big wraps on him according to locals who expect him to debut this year. Basketball pedigree with Bendigo Braves.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another point about the Rochy v Kyabram clash Saturday was that Rochy had five young father/son's playing in Grant Fuller (debut), Gus Martin (not sure if it was his debut), and Adam Mcphee, Bailey Wileman and Blake Evans with a handful between them. The Tigers have a young 6'6 ruckman waiting in the wings with a foot injury. Big wraps on him according to locals who expect him to debut this year. Basketball pedigree with Bendigo Braves.
Any of those look like they could or will be better than their dad tongue

Passenger

Senior List
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong

That’d be Jarrod Kyne??

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any of those look like they could or will be better than their dad tongue
Hard to be the son of Tank Mcphee and expect to be better Swoop, but Adam looks promising. Different player. Smaller, quick onballer, wingman type. Same for Isaiah Miller. Miller was solid on half back IMO.

Too early to say on the others although I suspect Blake Evans will become a very good senior player.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Great to see many father son combos playing tongue, it makes country footy, which is going to be harder for the next generation

Hard to be the son of Tank Mcphee and expect to be better Swoop, but Adam looks promising. Different player. Smaller, quick onballer, wingman type. Same for Isaiah Miller. Miller was solid on half back IMO.

Too early to say on the others although I suspect Blake Evans will become a very good senior player.

Bomber Country

Senior List
Jul 25, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

Tank McPhee and Robbie Miller what players they were

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Wouldn’t that be 6 father-sons with Isaiah Miller Silver?

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting results round 1, just noticed in the neighbouring league that Yarrawonga has lost 2 guns for the year with injury before they played a game and are now very unlikely to play finals. Could wheeler head back to Seymour and take masters with him, they have plenty of spare points to fit him in
O&M are being screwed over . AFLNEB not allowing them to gain a point of service for the non 2020 whilst most other competition in the state have been allowed , is ridiculous and merely is trying to use points system as a handicapping tool .

TorpedoPunt1

Debutant
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
O&M are being screwed over . AFLNEB not allowing them to gain a point of service for the non 2020 whilst most other competition in the state have been allowed , is ridiculous and merely is trying to use points system as a handicapping tool .
Agree. Players who signed with a club before covid in 2020 and have stayed on to play in 2021 should have dropped a point. I think the common sense approach has been applied to almost all bar the O&M league.

Lion71

All Australian
Oct 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not %100 sure but I'd doubt it mate. Unless you know someone from every home club and they happen to video it !!. Bendigo league r behind GV in a lot of ways but one thing that they do very well is garner the services of a mob called RED ONION which have 1 person video every game and the coach can have a USB in his hand minutes after the final siren, and can also be viewed on the league site.
Is there anyway of watching games online from the weekend?

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

johnno#7

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not %100 sure but I'd doubt it mate. Unless you know someone from every home club and they happen to video it !!. Bendigo league r behind GV in a lot of ways but one thing that they do very well is garner the services of a mob called RED ONION which have 1 person video every game and the coach can have a USB in his hand minutes after the final siren, and can also be viewed on the league site.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sounds similar to what the GV has done the last 4 years. Hopefully they do it again. Nothing on the website as of yet though.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree. Players who signed with a club before covid in 2020 and have stayed on to play in 2021 should have dropped a point. I think the common sense approach has been applied to almost all bar the O&M league.
It’s not uncommon that the additional point for year of service reduces a clubs total points by 10 + points .O&M clubs struggling to stay under the cap and being forced to play best 22 players in the twos merely due to a circumstance no one else has forced upon them is a joke . It also gives a really good indication of where the points introduction was born .

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds similar to what the GV has done the last 4 years. Hopefully they do it again. Nothing on the website as of yet though.
The GVL might have had to start looking at their spending on things like videoing games ?
The fact they are $20-$40k annually behind other major leagues when it comes to broadcast deals has got to have a financial impact eventually .

Back