Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceberg = any team that comes at us, and is able to execute their gameplan.

Remember a couple of years ago when we beat Geelong at home, replete with a standing ovation in the final 30 seconds, only to come out and get smoked by the Bulldogs — whose only win in the previous month was by less than a kick over the bottom-placed Blues — at the same venue the following week?

View attachment 1095231

🎶... and I knowww, that the Hink will sign onnnn

The famous 2015 streak of comfortable Showdown win, into shitting the bed against West Coast at home (beating Port at home was when we knew we could make the Grand Final), to losing to 1-5, 18th placed Brisbane by 6 goals, to being embarrassed in Kornes' pension game by the team we dismantled not 8 months prior.

Premiership faves into also-rans in the space of 4 weeks. Those who do not study history are destined to repeat it.

Most games coached without reaching a grand final in afl/vfl history:
1. Bill Stephen
2. Terry Wallace
3. Brad Scott
4. Ken Hinkley

A full season and no GF and ken moves into third. But yeah nah he's a real good coach

* realised in the review thread I posted something similar and I even got it wrong! Didn't even check to see that you had already posted this here.

This is gonna sound like one of those d¡ckhead callers to SEN, but after those first 2-3 Eagles goals, what was stopping him from making the very visual statement of leaving the coaches box and spending at least the rest of the quarter on the sidelines to sharpen everyone up as they rotated on and off?

If his strengths are motivation, do that.

Sitting behind glass like a stunned mullet chugging Coke Zero while the opposition runs riot is soooo 2015.

If I wasn't too drunk to find the remote (located later underneath me) I would have turned off after the first 3 goals.

Was only ever going one way after that.

Was the Paul Stewart 2012 North game the last time we came back from 5 goals down to win a game? Feels like it was.

I have only just realised how disengaged I've been from footy recently - 2020 included. When we lost to the Tigers I didn't feel disappointed, I kind of just expected it. I don't think I've been optimistic about a Hinkley-led Port team since early 2016, when I realised that 2015 wasn't an aberration and mediocrity was our MO.

I think at this point I'd prefer it if we were just plain s**t. The issue is with mediocrity is he's good enough to not get sacked early, but bad enough to not actually do anything. I believe that this a sentiment that is felt pretty strongly amongst the fan base, many just don't realise it yet.

I have also made a * load of money off of betting against Port in games where we are the favourites and you can see the same old same old issues. Saturday night's game was no exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I wasn't too drunk to find the remote (located later underneath me) I would have turned off after the first 3 goals.

Was only ever going one way after that.

Was the Paul Stewart 2012 North game the last time we came back from 5 goals down to win a game? Feels like it was.

We had that rash of comebacks in ‘13/‘14 which led to the industry-wide belief we were the fittest side to have ever laced a boot, but beyond that, not a lot.

We had that rash of comebacks in ‘13/‘14 which led to the industry-wide belief we were the fittest side to have ever laced a boot, but beyond that, not a lot.

And we'll all go/tune in on Friday...

Hurt.png

I have only just realised how disengaged I've been from footy recently - 2020 included. When we lost to the Tigers I didn't feel disappointed, I kind of just expected it. I don't think I've been optimistic about a Hinkley-led Port team since early 2016, when I realised that 2015 wasn't an aberration and mediocrity was our MO.

"disappointed but not surprised" sums it up. i mentally checked out when Koch said one of his major tasks would be "managing expectations", which we already knew was a bad buzz-phrase going around before it infiltrated our club. then LHR gave us those essays that showed us how un-Port Adelaide the club is being run. but for some reason most supporters focus on Hinkley instead of the guy apologising for him. sometimes i feel only 5 of us actually read those China threads.

I’ve tried to be positive about the guy after the long overdue gains made in 2020 (albeit in what was a bizarro year), but there was so much of the trademark failings that I’m almost back to full-Ilias levels.

Apart from swinging the odd tall back or forward (Westhoff, Howard, Hombsch), what proactive moves does he ever make when the chips are down and the team has one of its vintage no-shows in a given week?

Why were Shuey and Gaff allowed to run around like unregistered dogs despite being underdone/out-of-form respectively? Why were Hartlett and Byrne-Jones both determined to impersonate peak-Pittard? DBJ was particularly horrid but this seems to have been hidden by his AA/B&F credits and the seeming ‘cooked’ status of the former.

It’s one thing to get beaten by a better side away from home on the day, it’s another thing to consistently look like a group of cobbled-together individuals who met each other on the morning of the game.
Nah we tightened up the zone at half time.

Put R Gray on the ball (He would be ****ed without his favourite "o no we are losing the ball in the centre chuck Robbie in there")

And tried to get Dixon up the ground

He shouldve tagged Gaff though

Shouldn’t Jarrad Schofield be accountable for our midfield failure, he’s our midfield coach right?
I dont know how to answer that correctly.

Yes he is midfield coach but does he have the final say in how the ruckman and the midfielders setup in the centre square?

If Schofield actually does have the final say then WTF do we need Hinkley for then?

I dont know how to answer that correctly.

Yes he is midfield coach but does he have the final say in how the ruckman and the midfielders setup in the centre square?

If Schofield actually does have the final say then WTF do we need Hinkley for then?
It was Schofield's fault we capitulated in the midfield and also Scholfield's fault that Hinkley didn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back